Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I received this last Thursday from Focalecig.com US Warehouse http://focalecig.com/Product/SXK-Stingray-X-Clone-14031... and damn, this mod is everything that I wanted it to be. For two months I waited with bated breath for the clone to finally hit.

ETA: HERE IS THE LINK TO MY IN DEPTH REVIEW OF THE SXK STINGRAY X CLONE
http://vapingcheap.com/stingray-x-clone-review-mechanical-mod/

VzKebgI.jpg

Last edited:

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn i love my 49 for the small form factor but don't like the lack of a locking ring.

If it really is the same size with the hybrid adapter i might have to pick one of these up asap!!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Damn i love my 49 for the small form factor but don't like the lack of a locking ring.

If it really is the same size with the hybrid adapter i might have to pick one of these up asap!!

Its really the same size as the 4nine in hybrid ... see

OLfGQdC.jpg

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I will be ordering one if these after the bills are paid lol.

Just one question. Is the finish on the SS polished or brushed?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I will be ordering one if these after the bills are paid lol.

Just one question. Is the finish on the SS polished or brushed?

It is a very pronounced brush finish, identical to the authentic

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Certainly couldn't say that about that box mod could you Ms Nikki.:p Enjoy the day!:cool:

Hey Rocco darling :) Oh, that black box mod pales in comparison! ;)

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks nice, but hate the logo. hopefully these will be released w/out it!

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
Love my SXK stingray X mod. Very smooth and hard hitting little mod. Love it is the same size as the 4nine!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Love my SXK stingray X mod. Very smooth and hard hitting little mod. Love it is the same size as the 4nine!

OMG, my sentiments exactly! Isn't it awesome to have wanted something for so long, and to get it and not be disappointed? Thank you Baby Jesus:p

Im enjoying my sxk stingray x clone too... except for the crunchy button syndrome. the bottom contact also seems a little different from the other stingrays i have seen online.

i don't mean to hijack your thread, nikki, but I have a question:
does anyone know if the magnet upgrades from fatdaddyvapes will work for the sxk stingray x clone? tia

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I received this last Thursday from Focalecig.com US Warehouse http://focalecig.com/Product/SXK-Stingray-X-Clone-14031... and damn, this mod is everything that I wanted it to be. For two months I waited with bated breath for the clone to finally hit.

The one snafu is that the top cap does not like short, almost flush 510 pins .. it won't fire with them. But I am rocking the hybrid cap since I got it, and this mod hits like a dream. The mod is 4mm shorter than prior SR's, and its the same size as the 4nine in all battery configurations with the hybrid cap .. And its sexy as hell. :cool:

sE7GDSc.jpg

NuGWQKz.jpg

Xx3v0dm.png
i agree, this is the best clone i have received. I also got it from focalecig.com. It arrived at my door in 4 days. Thread are amazing and practically seamless, switch has no wobble and is super smooth with no crunch. And the hybrid, oh man the hybrid, is such a nice little touch. Voltage drop is next to nothing. I haven't touched any of my umpteen other mods now that i have this in my hand.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Im enjoying my sxk stingray x clone too... except for the crunchy button syndrome. the bottom contact also seems a little different from the other stingrays i have seen online.

i don't mean to hijack your thread, nikki, but I have a question:
does anyone know if the magnet upgrades from fatdaddyvapes will work for the sxk stingray x clone? tia

Where did you get your X from? I have no idea about the fatdaddy magnets, and if they will fit. Surprised to hear that you have a crunchy button though, that is why I asked where yours came from.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i agree, this is the best clone i have received. I also got it from focalecig.com. It arrived at my door in 4 days. Thread are amazing and practically seamless, switch has no wobble and is super smooth with no crunch. And the hybrid, oh man the hybrid, is such a nice little touch. Voltage drop is next to nothing. I haven't touched any of my umpteen other mods now that i have this in my hand.
Agreed! I haven't taken mine out of hybrid mode since I got it. It was #16 in my collection, and everything else has been abandoned!

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Friend of mine just got the black one. It's beautiful and apparently hits like a beast in hybrid mode (he's using a Fogger). Really angry that it's a winner because now i've got to have one!

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i just ordered another stingray x from focal ecig, can't wait to double fist these bad boys

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was thinking about getting one until I played with one at my local vape shop. I just didn't like the way the locking ring operated. And I gotta ask. What exactly is a hybrid adapter used for???

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Friend of mine just got the black one. It's beautiful and apparently hits like a beast in hybrid mode (he's using a Fogger). Really angry that it's a winner because now i've got to have one!

I cosign this decision Jeremy! It really is a great mod, and definitely a hard hitter too. I just recently saw pics of the authentic black Stingray X too, I knew that would be coming.

Reactions: jae

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about getting one until I played with one at my local vape shop. I just didn't like the way the locking ring operated. And I gotta ask. What exactly is a hybrid adapter used for???

Using a hybrid adapter is like cutting out the "middle man" in terms of connectivity/conductivity, so your atomizer makes direct contact with your battery. There is also an aesthetic benefit to using a hybrid adapter, as it cuts down the overall length of your set up, and creates a more streamlined appearance. In the case of the X I must say that I also find the top cap design to be very attractive, so whether you are using hybrid mod, or standard set up with the top cap, its gonna be sexy. :D

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
code vape on ebay.
Aha .. now are you sure that it is really SXK? I am not saying that code vape is lying, but I do know for a fact that there some vendors who do lie about manufacturer names, and branding to make a sale ... I recently busted one, but it wasn't code vape though.

The reason that I asked is because of what you said in your prior post about the crunchy switch, and the mod not looking like the pictures you have seen on the net. I sure hope that is not the case. :(

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Using a hybrid adapter is like cutting out the "middle man" in terms of connectivity/conductivity, so your atomizer makes direct contact with your battery. There is also an aesthetic benefit to using a hybrid adapter, as it cuts down the overall length of your set up, and creates a more streamlined appearance. In the case of the X I must say that I also find the top cap design to be very attractive, so whether you are using hybrid mod, or standard set up with the top cap, its gonna be sexy. :D
I hear ya Ms Nikki! I originally bought the hybrid adapters for the looks. I keep using them for the performance. Nothing better than a sexy looking beast. Enjoy the day!:cool:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya Ms Nikki! I originally bought the hybrid adapters for the looks. I keep using them for the performance. Nothing better than a sexy looking beast. Enjoy the day!:cool:

Amen to that Rocco! You have a great day too my dear. :)

kuma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im waiting on my Tobecco version to come in at the local vape shop. Cant wait

Aha .. now are you sure that it is really SXK? I am not saying that code vape is lying, but I do know for a fact that there some vendors who do lie about manufacturer names, and branding to make a sale ... I recently busted one, but it wasn't code vape though.

The reason that I asked is because of what you said in your prior post about the crunchy switch, and the mod not looking like the pictures you have seen on the net. I sure hope that is not the case. :(
Everything I have seen on the stingray x looks the same. I haven't seen pictures of the bottom switch contact yet. Would u mind sharing a pic of yours please? I would show mine, but am using a phone ATM.

I got the legit Stingray X about a month ago from shmovapes and just love it. It replaced my ZNA as my go to mod which says a lot since I love my ZNA. The pictures you put up of the clone look pretty spot on to mine. Good to know that these Chinese companies can produce clones nearly identical to the authentics. I'll have to keep that in mind next time a mech really grabs my attention. If anybody wants any pictures of an authentic Stingray X for comparison just let me know and i'll post them.

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the legit Stingray X about a month ago from shmovapes and just love it. It replaced my ZNA as my go to mod which says a lot since I love my ZNA. The pictures you put up of the clone look pretty spot on to mine. Good to know that these Chinese companies can produce clones nearly identical to the authentics. I'll have to keep that in mind next time a mech really grabs my attention. If anybody wants any pictures of an authentic Stingray X for comparison just let me know and i'll post them.
i wouldn't mind seeing some detailed pics of the authentic for comparison to my sxk clone. would be awesome to see just how identical they are

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looking to pick one up soon :) I have black copper stingray on the way along with black stillare clone and looking at copper quasar or copper stillare to go with the X

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Everything I have seen on the stingray x looks the same. I haven't seen pictures of the bottom switch contact yet. Would u mind sharing a pic of yours please? I would show mine, but am using a phone ATM.
here ya go

fJIE3Y5.jpg

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Looking to pick one up soon :) I have black copper stingray on the way along with black stillare clone and looking at copper quasar or copper stillare to go with the X

The Mephisto looks mint with the X.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Got my x in today, very pleased! Great quality from SXK and quite the looker, too

It is a stunning one isn't it? Just finished writing up my review for it, and it should be published on Monday.

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
I'm still waiting on my FastTech $27.26 SXK Ray X to get out of China.

Note: I take apart the switch and clean the China out of it and put the slightest amt of lube on any metal2metal parts and rice pin before I judge a Mech.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ordered the SXK today. I just couldn't say no to such a great looking mod. Focalecig USA is in GA, hopefully shipping shouldn't take long.

Focalecig

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered the SXK today. I just couldn't say no to such a great looking mod. Focalecig USA is in GA, hopefully shipping shouldn't take long.
Hi Scuba-Matt, we have ample stock in GA and will ship it within 48hours. Shipping time would take 2-5 business days.
Thank you for your support!

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here ya go

fJIE3Y5.jpg
That's the redesigned switch for the poster who had asked. They did away with the (typically white) threaded plastic ring with the cupped contact and magnet and replaced it with a smartly designed single piece. Manages to reduce the height of the switch and reduced the throw. Part of why its shorter than the older Stingray design. Although I'd love to get a black copper Stingray with the original design instead of the devilfish.

Should add that the SXK version I got from the focalecig USA warehouse got to me in 2 days and is a complete delight. Switch works well, nice and smooth. And it just looks soo purdy ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Scuba-Matt, we have ample stock in GA and will ship it within 48hours. Shipping time would take 2-5 business days.
Thank you for your support!
Thanks Doris.

cyrus vap

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the review Nikkita6, this is an awesome looking mod. I've never owned a copper mech before, so random question. The inner copper tube isn't accessible right? Meaning it you can't separate it from the outer steel sleeve?

Wondering if eventually you end up with heavily patina-ed copper showing through that you may not like and may not easily be able to do anything about

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys anyones fire under weight? Just got mine and mine does.

Mine does not fire under its own weight with a full size Kayfun attached. You might want to disassemble your switch and examine the strength of your magnets, which may be on the weak side as this can happen.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

She's a beauty Matt, I hope you receive it quickly and that its in tip top shape :)

VU Sponsors