Become a Patron!

SXK Stingray X clone

Mine does not fire under its own weight with a full size Kayfun attached. You might want to disassemble your switch and examine the strength of your magnets, which may be on the weak side as this can happen.
Thanks, the magnets are definitely too weak. Im in conversation with focal to try to resolve, Im hoping they can just send a replacement switch with out having to send anything in. I really dislike that process.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the review Nikkita6, this is an awesome looking mod. I've never owned a copper mech before, so random question. The inner copper tube isn't accessible right? Meaning it you can't separate it from the outer steel sleeve?

Wondering if eventually you end up with heavily patina-ed copper showing through that you may not like and may not easily be able to do anything about

My detailed and in depth review will be published on vapingcheap.com by 7pm today, so I highly recommend that anyone who is interested in this mod should check it out. I will post the link later ..

To answer your question now, you can not separate the inner copper tube, from the outer stainless steel tube. Yes, the copper details that show through on the logo can develop a patina however, I have found it to be very easy to clean. I saturate a paper towel with lemon juice and just rub it on the patina'd areas and it cleans it off in a jiff. I am sure there other metal cleaners that you can use as well, but I prefer regular ole household stuff :p Ketchup will also clean copper and brass, but lemon juice is less messy.

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.. I have found it to be very easy to clean. I saturate a paper towel with lemon juice and just rub it on the patina'd areas and it cleans it off in a jiff. I am sure there other metal cleaners that you can use as well, but I prefer regular ole household stuff :p Ketchup will also clean copper and brass, but lemon juice is less messy.
Just for those who don't know. Its the mild acid in those products that do the actual cleaning. So you want to make sure to remove that acid when the cleaning is done. The base that's what makes soap is more than good enough to neutralize the acid. So a quick scrub and rinse after cleaning is a good idea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I feel like I own the only sxk stingray with the sticky crunchy button. :(

Where did you get yours? Taking the switch apart for a thorough cleaning and lubricating the threads as recommended by Joe Corrao should do the trick. The stickiness is often caused by old goopy machining oils and debris.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
THE LINK TO MY REVIEW HAS BEEN EDITED/ADDED TO MY ORIGINAL POST ON PAGE 1 ... :D

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
Where did you get yours? Taking the switch apart for a thorough cleaning and lubricating the threads as recommended by Joe Corrao should do the trick. The stickiness is often caused by old goopy machining oils and debris.
how do you get the switch apart?

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how do you get the switch apart?
The center pin, the part that contacts the battery, unscrews. The one made by SXK, and sold by Infinite among others, has a nice slot in the metal piece which makes it easy. Others may not so you'll need to use needle nose pliers just like you'd use on a Nemesis switch if you're familiar with those. Be careful when you disassemble the switch and don't loose the tiny bit.

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
my girlfriend was trying to figure out if theres a way for it to stop screwing in/out. i know its magnetic but she keeps accidentally twisting it if it isnt locked

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my girlfriend was trying to figure out if theres a way for it to stop screwing in/out. i know its magnetic but she keeps accidentally twisting it if it isnt locked

The switch is designed to be adjustable, and therefore it can screw in and out for battery fitment. Your GF just had to get used to grabbing her locking ring, and not the switch.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very good review nikkita. Good point on the hybrid cap too. I'm trying to save money right now, and this mod is not helping.

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
Very good review nikkita. Good point on the hybrid cap too. I'm trying to save money right now, and this mod is not helping.

$27.26 shipped if you have the patience to wait and want to pay the least for a quantity of 1. Three is no better price that I'm aware of. I have been all over this thing since the first one appeared on Alibaba by competing/sup-par MFGs.. Now, if SXK would just MFG the 26650 version...sigh (believe me, they have the request ;-)

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 1:1 stingray clone as grown on me I surely do not need any more mech mods and it makes no sense for me but I gotta get one think I will grab one from Focalecig from their usa warehouse ;)

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
The 1:1 stingray clone as grown on me I surely do not need any more mech mods and it makes no sense for me but I gotta get one think I will grab one from Focalecig from their usa warehouse ;)

Since, twisted420, did the comparison review, I'm guessing a lot more vapors will have this one soon. His clone seems to be the HCigar version with no silver plated contacts. FastTech or less wait Focalecig SKK version seems to be the better choice. A fellow redditor also has the overpriced HCigar version and has ordered the FastTech SXK version to do a comparison as he believes it may be the superior version as well.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since, twisted420, did the comparison review, I'm guessing a lot more vapors will have this one soon. His clone seems to be the HCigar version with no silver plated contacts. FastTech or less wait Focalecig SKK version seems to be the better choice. A fellow redditor also has the overpriced HCigar version and has ordered the FastTech SXK version to do a comparison as he believes it may be the superior version as well.
coolio

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
The 26650 Stingray X arrives!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1821000

Wow! Been waiting for this one for so long, and now that it's here, It just doesn't do it for me? Maybe because I have the 22mm? IDK.

From the box, lettering and font, it certainly looks like the other SXK FastTech products out there. I'll start a discussion there and see. I thought it would have been in the basket and ordered by now?

TheHebs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there anywhere else to order the sxk from inside the US? Focalecig said they wont have them till this weekend, and I was wanting to get mine before then so I can hurry and send this fake sxk back to the vendor.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thing looks badass with the copper KayFun on it.

Attachments

• stingray X.jpg
    stingray X.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 28

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
Stingray X - Black and Stainless available $34.99 + Shipping. Read positive reviews about these guys. They are also one of the first and few vendors to have the EHpro KFL+ v2 Dual Airflow for you Kayfun lovers.

http://www.fluidvapes.com/mods/stingray-x-mod-clone

It doesn't say SXK/Infinite anywhere in the description, but after closely comparing the pictures with my FastTech version, I can pretty much assure you they look identical to me in every aspect.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Thank you Savage, I appreciate it .. and you should treat yourself a little my friend. :D

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The 26650 Stingray X arrives!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1821000

Wow! Been waiting for this one for so long, and now that it's here, It just doesn't do it for me? Maybe because I have the 22mm? IDK.

From the box, lettering and font, it certainly looks like the other SXK FastTech products out there. I'll start a discussion there and see. I thought it would have been in the basket and ordered by now?

FC also listed the same exact one today http://focalecig.com/Product/Stingray-X-Style26650-Mechanical-Mod-20182.. but I received a different version from Angelcigs.com a couple of weeks ago for review.

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years

Drift Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stingray X - Black and Stainless available $34.99 + Shipping. Read positive reviews about these guys. They are also one of the first and few vendors to have the EHpro KFL+ v2 Dual Airflow for you Kayfun lovers.

http://www.fluidvapes.com/mods/stingray-x-mod-clone

It doesn't say SXK/Infinite anywhere in the description, but after closely comparing the pictures with my FastTech version, I can pretty much assure you they look identical to me in every aspect.

When I emailed fluidvapes, they told me it was by M MODS? Does it look like the SXK to you Nikkita?

I'm really not sure who to order from anymore...seen similar looking ones at focalecig, angelcigs, 88evape. I need to figure it out so I can go ahead and order one of these puppies!

Last edited:

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ite-interest-thread-40.1213/page-2#post-53479

The black one does look different. If the picture matches the the regular one, I think you are good. Remember that most those places on Alibaba don;t MFG. Most are just distributors. What's in a name? Where did they get that product? A lot of mystery to us now, but we will slowly find out. Order from SlowTech, $27.26, wait it out with a safe choice!

Drift Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ite-interest-thread-40.1213/page-2#post-53479

The black one does look different. If the picture matches the the regular one, I think you are good. Remember that most those places on Alibaba don;t MFG. Most are just distributors. What's in a name? Where did they get that product? A lot of mystery to us now, but we will slowly find out. Order from SlowTech, $27.26, wait it out with a safe choice!

Well, we have confirmation that the one on Focal is legit SXK...that might be my best bet for quicker delivery for the same product, albeit for a slightly higher price.

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
Can't argue with the truth. No one can say that the FastTech version is SXK with a 100% certainty, but it is the consensus that they do have quite a few items IDENTICAL to Infinite's products (SXK) according to product comparisons...down to the box labeling being the only difference. The consensus is that the $27.26 Stingray X is one of these. Can you deal with the delivery times @ FastTech? No one will warranty like FastTech will as well.

Believe me , the anticipation is the best part. Once you have it, it's just like anything else you have. LOL, maybe that's why I like coops so much, I get the best price and I revel in the anticipation!

Teasers: FastTech $27.26 RayX Close up with $19.95 Tobeco Orchid w/ Nano Kit. $47.21 Total

http://imgur.com/djdAMfc
http://imgur.com/EjJU6fp

BTW, all my forum email updates got you all over. If you were local I'd let try these all out to you could figure out which to get? I have no B&Ms near me so I have to get as many opinions from users as well. But, I'm cheap and have been doing FastTech for so long now, I'm use to it.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
When I emailed fluidvapes, they told me it was by M MODS? Does it look like the SXK to you Nikkita?

I'm really not sure who to order from anymore...seen similar looking ones at focalecig, angelcigs, 88evape. I need to figure it out so I can go ahead and order one of these puppies!

SXK does not make a black Stingray X at this point, at least not one that is finished with production and available for sale, so there is no chance that it is SXK, nor does it look like SXK's work. I have seen this black X up close, and it is not of the same quality and finesse in terms of machining. So no to any SXK speculation.

But since JD tech has made an authentic black X, I am sure that SXK might soon follow, if they are not already working on it. But it is not in their catalogue for sale at this time ...

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well, we have confirmation that the one on Focal is legit SXK...that might be my best bet for quicker delivery for the same product, albeit for a slightly higher price.

Absolute truth ..

Drift Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm, trying to use the FCVAPINGCHEAP coupon on the USA warehouse version, but I can't add it due to the "Paid Package Tracking Number" (which adds $2 to my total). Apparently this is counted as a coupon. Is this standard with USA warehouse orders?

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
SXK does not make a black Stingray X at this point, at least not one that is finished with production and available for sale, so there is no chance that it is SXK, nor does it look like SXK's work. I have seen this black X up close, and it is not of the same quality and finesse in terms of machining. So no to any SXK speculation.

But since JD tech has made an authentic black X, I am sure that SXK might soon follow, if they are not already working on it. But it is not in their catalogue for sale at this time ...

http://m.alibaba.com/product/1952170730/SXK_2014_the_Best_Selling_Mechanical.html

Other engraving? Never liked that one. It doesn't do it for me?

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm, trying to use the FCVAPINGCHEAP coupon on the USA warehouse version, but I can't add it due to the "Paid Package Tracking Number" (which adds $2 to my total). Apparently this is counted as a coupon. Is this standard with USA warehouse orders?
I emailed their customer service with a list of codes I tried that failed. They responded quickly saying that neither the USA or German warehouse took coupons. I can live with that but offered the suggestion that they put a small disclaimer on the main warehouse pages explicitly saying no coupon codes. I figured that since you're paying extra for the quick delivery that they weren't working but thought it should be spelled out. At least with the Stingray X you can choose to order from the China location, getting it at a lower price to start and then apply your coupon to make it even less. I received my last shipment here in NY just 7 days after it was shipped so it might not take too much longer.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i had no idea that SXK was the (or a?) manufacturing company for infinite, and infinite is a trading company

Don't know who is making them but Infinite did have a video clip on their facebook of a black stingray X that they were using a nail file on.

fcreeves

Member For 4 Years
On the Alibaba SXK site where it says, "Communicate with Supplier" with a blue banner, it shows a picture off a Black Stingray X. There is no Black Stingray X available (yet?) as the OP mentioned already.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yes, you have to pay for tracking for the US warehouse .. And coupons don't work in the US warehouse, only the main China site

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i had no idea that SXK was the (or a?) manufacturing company for infinite, and infinite is a trading company
The main manufacturer of Infinite products, but not for 100% of them. Infinite is a branded trading company. They are also starting to get smart since most have realized that SXK is the manufacturer behind them, and have begun to bypass Infinite. I wanted the Slojo made by SXK for Infinite and was told by SXK that they have an exclusive and binding contract with Infinite for the Slojo mod that prohibits SXK from selling it to any vendor, supplier or individual person.

Infinite it trying to force us to buy from them at a mark up. Infinite also sucks because even though they are a Chinese company, they will not sell to Chinese vendors, they are foreign market only.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Don't know who is making them but Infinite did have a video clip on their facebook of a black stingray X that they were using a nail file on.
It could very well be SXK, but under the same contract as the Slojo mod, which means that it will not appear in SXK's product catalog .. SXK used to have the Slojo mod listed until they entered into contract with Infinite, now its gone ... could be the same scenario, or different manufacturer. If its under contract then we will never know.

Drift Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, you have to pay for tracking for the US warehouse .. And coupons don't work in the US warehouse, only the main China site

Yeah, sorta figured that out. Gotta pay the price for US shipping...heh. Is the Angelcigs version (non 26650) SXK?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, sorta figured that out. Gotta pay the price for US shipping...heh. Is the Angelcigs version (non 26650) SXK?
No its not, its made by IVOGO ... I heard it performs great though, its just not 1:1, and it doesn't come with a hybrid adapter or drip tip.

VU Sponsors