Become a Patron!

SXmini - G Class - Dual 18650 200W

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I buy HB6 1500mah from ilumn for 4 bucks each. I tend to build low on my mechs and use them at home so I don't care about battery life for that added bit of safety. I also recycle them often because for 4 dollars each why not.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw the mod and brought along my 30mm Modfather to see how it would look on it.

4eb52a0b0b2526bb57d85dc9866f33fe.jpg

fd9f7d2a8228d496d42c1d7305cca9b4.jpg

Next to my LUX dual 26650 for comparison.

6fbfa3e1fcefb5fb34cc01a7d9cfe562.jpg

The new Carbon Fiber version was there but I wasn't impressed, wound up liking the leather better. The CF lacked the texture, it sort of looked cheap.

0b08aad7b34eb27fc130f809df83f8b8.jpg

2780f7241583285ea3c60a642d0477d1.jpg

9536ee21dd96306cca9b77f820cd2761.jpg

ffec224fb8146fa56e53929f8c066047.jpg

It did feel solid and well built. Took awhile to figure out the menu but the joystick was real responsive and cool to use.

I don't know if it a buy for me at $219. I like it but not really at that price, I am sure they will sell a bunch though

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw the mod and brought along my 30mm Modfather to see how it would look on it.

The new Carbon Fiber version was there but I wasn't impressed, wound up liking the leather better. The CF lacked the texture, it sort of looked cheap.

It did feel solid and well built. Took awhile to figure out the menu but the joystick was real responsive and cool to use.

I don't know if it a buy for me at $219. I like it but not really at that price, I am sure they will sell a bunch though

Yep, even though SX Mini mods tend to hold their value I'll wait till the hype dies down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$219USD? I thought it is $299? For $219 i would probably get one because it is very cool.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got off the YiHi train after the ML, but could get a new ticket for the G. Not at the initial asking price though.

Here's what I'd like to see. The FSK chip in a VT133 case. Not going to happen, but that would be a great mod.

I don't need 200W, but I do like having the head room for preheat or new coils/tanks that need a little extra oomph.
I do TC and don't get above 45W except for preheat. That's where single 18650 mods let me down somewhat.

I'd like to try a ModFather, but have no mod it will fit on. My Supreme and OBS Engine have a little overhang.

Eh, Christmas is near, maybe I'll look into something. Don't really want a lipo though.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$219USD? I thought it is $299? For $219 i would probably get one because it is very cool.
299 was for the G+ which was all stainless steel and had a spiderweb like cage around the body. I guess that one was scrapped.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks for the pics!

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got off the YiHi train after the ML, but could get a new ticket for the G. Not at the initial asking price though.

Here's what I'd like to see. The FSK chip in a VT133 case. Not going to happen, but that would be a great mod.

I don't need 200W, but I do like having the head room for preheat or new coils/tanks that need a little extra oomph.
I do TC and don't get above 45W except for preheat. That's where single 18650 mods let me down somewhat.

I'd like to try a ModFather, but have no mod it will fit on. My Supreme and OBS Engine have a little overhang.

Eh, Christmas is near, maybe I'll look into something. Don't really want a lipo though.

You can get a 213 for cheap. They work great in power mode:D

FullSizeRender.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's a fancy vape shop... thanks for snapping those pics, very cool looking mod.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ill pass on this then. Since I personally prefer the DNA250. I did think the G+ was very cool just for the heck of it. At $219 I then got excited. Ahh well.

Oh, there are some very fancy shops in Chicago and Milwaukee. Plus hundreds of ordinary ones. It seems like everyone is in this business now. Bet they did not see the FDA coming with their ass reamers Lol. Okay that is not funny for advocacy but some of these people are such bags of douche. Either kids just making a buck and don't know shit or on the other side those that think they are the God of Vapor. That is the only reason I made the FDA joke. Honestly we could stand to lose half these places. Sorry for OT rant. I do know where to get the regular one though so I will check it out tomorrow. The G+ was some slick shit though.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ill pass on this then. Since I personally prefer the DNA250. I did think the G+ was very cool just for the heck of it. At $219 I then got excited. Ahh well.

Oh, there are some very fancy shops in Chicago and Milwaukee. Plus hundreds of ordinary ones. It seems like everyone is in this business now. Bet they did not see the FDA coming with their ass reamers Lol. Okay that is not funny for advocacy but some of these people are such bags of douche. Either kids just making a buck and don't know shit or on the other side those that think they are the God of Vapor. That is the only reason I made the FDA joke. Honestly we could stand to lose half these places. Sorry for OT rant. I do know where to get the regular one though so I will check it out tomorrow. The G+ was some slick shit though.
There not out yet, those pics were from the ECC show I went to over the weekend. Supposed to be due in stores in the next couple of weeks though.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a quick look (well really not that quick :teehee:):

PS The more I see of this, the more I like it. It has a nice USB C cable (*I just bought a new phone a few days ago that uses USB C and it's nice - it plugs in either way) and a great 510 connector.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So will this version of the Yihi chip have the same pulsey TC as the rest of them?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So will this version of the Yihi chip have the same pulsey TC as the rest of them?
Wow really, my M class and Ipv5 are pretty smooth in tc. I'm actually looking forward to trying this new board. Love the ginger vapes Boxer version. It's sold out already though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok who's gonna buy me one of these? I still need to order my Triade DNA 250 too.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, will this thing ever come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a decent amount of ebay bucks too I need to spend by 2-3-17.....oh the agony. I was hoping to use it for the G Class, with Chinese New Year right around the corner I think I will have to settle for a Q Mini but what a let down. I just want to try a high end Yihi chip aside from the SX350J I already have.

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree, been waiting for ages, it gets delayed and delayed and not a word from Yihi, plz give us a solid release date!

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want one but I think I'll wait until it out a while. The price should come down and the bugs should be worked out by then.

Mine is coming tomorrow. :vapemail: Only had Carbon and brown leather, no black leather
I have a dozen Mods, 8 Sigelei TC touch screens, Laisimo L1 and L3, and 2 Kangers. The Sigelei touch screen mods are light, very user friendly and cost a mere $33. The Laisimo L1 and L3 allow for custom wallpaper, but you must remove the stock photos while operating in the OS of the device which is scary. They are much heavier and taller, but only cost $85 and the touch screen is 90% of the front of the device.

So when the Mini G was in stock I liked the more customization as far as having pre-set wattage/TC/variable wattage based on what flavor and PG/VG ratio the juice is.

I have already learned that the SXI app only available for iPhone OS's is very buggy, and making a customized wallpaper as advertised is NOT possible. The LED screen is probably only 30% of the front of the device.

But what I discovered, in complete contradiction to the name "mini" is that the spec dimensions are LARGER than the Laisimo L3 which is by far my biggest and heaviest mod. They must have found a woman that was 6 foot 8 to hold the device in her hand as this is not the solution I thought I was getting, a PREMIUM MOD that is smaller in height so when I throw a Crown 2 tank and a 2.5 inch curved pipe-like drip tip it would fit EASILY in a pocket, but I am betting that I will be disappointed when it arrives. Granted with their no coil technology they are working on, and the extreme vaping customization will be worth the $200 price tag. Also nobody makes any type of case or even a skin for the device at this point.
For 2 bills, I would expect a big quality device in a small package.

If I am wrong or find anything else positive or negative that I am not expecting I will follow up.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
:nothingtoadd:

Just following this thread ;) double posted another but this should be the main one sorry Steve ;)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:nothingtoadd:

Just following this thread ;) double posted another but this should be the main one sorry Steve ;)
No worries my friend. A question was brought up in the other thread about whether The G Class can RC Kanthal. I responded I didn't believe it could, but not know that for a fact (It's TCR based TC so I don't think it can. To someone that has the mod, @VaporCarp can you confirm whether it can or can't?

Cheers,
Steve

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't think it can they didn't change the way they do TC. The FSK can't TC kanthal either. Nobody can TC kanthal.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I don't think it can they didn't change the way they do TC. The FSK can't TC kanthal either. Nobody can TC kanthal.

Hohm tech claim to be able to on the G2 still don't know how though the TCR for kanthal A1 is 0.000002 chip would have to be super sensitive to even start seeing a change this mod wouldn't start detecting it until it hits 100.c

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I use my FSK chip in TC woith Kanthal coils all the time ... TC is TL - temperature limiting. Anyone thinking otherwise well ...

Not sure I agree it's that simple ...the mod needs to calculate the resistence change in the coil to determine the temp rise in order to get to the temp you have set

I don't believe there is a mod out there with heat sensors connected to the tank because the 510 pin as a standard hinders it ....,Do you use the G2 Paul?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use my FSK chip in TC woith Kanthal coils all the time ... TC is TL - temperature limiting. Anyone thinking otherwise well ...
I do understand that what we call TC is really temperature limiting, although a lot of boards have evolved, such as those by Evolv (no pun intended) to actually be pretty stable and consistent at providing a set temp.

Do you find the FSK does prevent dry hits with Kanthal? If so, I think that is VERY good. I don't own one of these myself as they are not as budget friendly in the UK, although I hear great things about them here.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've yet to see anyone be able to confirm with a Temperature Probe any mod can TC Kanthal. I have an Asolo that somewhat limits dry hits with Kanthal but I don't call that TC. Until a mod comes out that I can set the temp to say 420F and measure it with a probe, then you are just taking someones word that it's happening. TBH, I can't remember the last time I used Kanthal so the whole issue is irrelevant to me.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol, this again. There are hundreds of very happy FSK users here that can tell you that the FSK board does indeed TC Kanthal. I'd rather listen to people that actually own the mod than the people that don't and just speculate because they have justify their own purchases in their own mind. God forbid a board exists that can do something the DNA can't. Lmfao.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you find the FSK does prevent dry hits with Kanthal? If so, I think that is VERY good.

Yes it does when setup correctly. Both the G2 and Slice can prevent dry hits when using any wire.

Call it what you like, taste control, temp control, temp limiting but it does work. It just needs more user feedback unlike some other TC devices when using kanthal, nichrome or other non traditional tc wires.

This is the wrong thread to discuss it anyway, there are other threads more appropriate.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't care less whether it can or it can't because I don't use Kanthal. If a review exists where it can be measured I haven't seen it for any mod (I never mentioned the FSK). If anyone seems to worried about justifying their purchase, it would seem to be you.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Don't know if all that was aimed at me or not hehe I don't care too much if it can't support kanthal was just more about whether it can was all not trying to diss the mod here guys or trying to start a dick swinging contest between evolv, FSK and SX...

Guess if paying out this sort of money you wanna know if it's really pushing technology forward

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I couldn't care less whether it can or it can't because I don't use Kanthal. If a review exists where it can be measured I haven't seen it for any mod (I never mentioned the FSK). If anyone seems to worried about justifying their purchase, it would seem to be you.
I'll respond directly since this was obviously directed towards me. I don't need to justify any of my purchases because I go into every mod I buy with an open mind. I also refuse to knock a board or mod that I don't own or at the very least never even tried. Oh yeah, and before the DNA people start screaming and yelling I will state once again that I happen to love the DNA and I own several. I just don't think it's necessary to knock another board I never tried or owned just so I can feel good about myself or my purchases. In fact I have a Triade and G Class on the way. I just don't understand why you find it necessary to constantly insist that the FSK does not TC Kanthal. Why would you even care since you don't own the mod? Stick with your DNA'S and Aromamizer's while the rest of us enjoy our FSK boards. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Contrary to what many of you may have been lead to believe, the DNA is not the end all be all when it comes to TC. There are other boards out there that do TC just as well if not better depending on what your personal wants and needs are.

-William Cowper

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love the G class it is super efficient as much so as my DNA 200's building power profiles is very easy and due to the way I vape it has become a necessity one thing that is super cool with the G class is the joystick and first it appears as it its odd but you can change anything with one hand no two hands to do a dance of the buttons ,, its a neat mod TC works just as good as my DNA's

Attachments

• gclass4444444444.jpg
    gclass4444444444.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 18

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love the G class it is super efficient as much so as my DNA 200's building power profiles is very easy and due to the way I vape it has become a necessity one thing that is super cool with the G class is the joystick and first it appears as it its odd but you can change anything with one hand no two hands to do a dance of the buttons ,, its a neat mod TC works just as good as my DNA's
Can't wait for mine. I should have it by the end of the week.

-William Cowper

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't wait for mine. I should have it by the end of the week.

-William Cowper
I'ts been two weeks since I received it mine my favorite mod no hype involved. their is no way as of yet to add and remove wall papers or change the color of the font hopefully their will be the android bluetooth app is suppose to be out in March I keep bugging them on their facebook page to make the android app beta .. I think they now hate my face :)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'ts been two weeks since I received it mine my favorite mod no hype involved. their is no way as of yet to add and remove wall papers or change the color of the font hopefully their will be the android bluetooth app is suppose to be out in March I keep bugging them on their facebook page to make the android app beta .. I think they now hate my face :)
Android app is a must. Wallpapers would definitely be nice. I've always loved the Yihi chipset when it's done right. I'm also digging that Boxer version. Mike Vapes has one and it looks sweet.

-William Cowper

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Android app is a must. Wallpapers would definitely be nice. I've always loved the Yihi chipset when it's done right. I'm also digging that Boxer version. Mike Vapes has one and it looks sweet.

-William Cowper
yeah I saw the boxer I am not sold on the nylon stuff its a bit pricey.. The quality alone of the G class is very refreshing for a non custom mod the efficiency is insane which I am still taken back. As soon as a chip sled is available I may throw one together some cool wood version of cocobolo or something ;0

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know if all that was aimed at me or not hehe I don't care too much if it can't support kanthal was just more about whether it can was all not trying to diss the mod here guys or trying to start a dick swinging contest between evolv, FSK and SX...

Guess if paying out this sort of money you wanna know if it's really pushing technology forward

Ey man... if you TC and not care about KANTHAL
Buy DNA..
if you don't care about TC like me
Buy what you think is best for you...
If you think the g class is overpriced? I don't think so, because if you look at the other yihi mods they all priced almost the same, it's a standard you know... BUT... it's not always what the mod can do and look, you might as well have to consider CUSTOMER SUPPORT.. GOODLUCK WITH YIHI...
DNA is a USA based company so as fsk... both companies have great CS... so yeah.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah I saw the boxer I am not sold on the nylon stuff its a bit pricey.. The quality alone of the G class is very refreshing for a non custom mod the efficiency is insane which I am still taken back. As soon as a chip sled is available I may throw one together some cool wood version of cocobolo or something ;0
I hear ya, it is a lot for a 3D printed box. They do look like they're solid though. They also have a new 20700 mod that looks really interesting.

-William Cowper

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya, it is a lot for a 3D printed box. They do look like they're solid though. They also have a new 20700 mod that looks really interesting.

-William Cowper
hmmm dear me going to look again

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hmmm dear me going to look again
Mike Vapes had it on screen on one of the vape shows. It's just a hair taller than a dual 18650 mod but it gets better battery life.

-William Cowper

VU Sponsors