Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
take down popups and spam. lordmage and all the mods seem disillusioned and yet never want to answer the question. EVE#RY OTHER PAGE AND FORUM. everyone, no problem affording it, so either you are getting RIPPED OFF, or you are being greedy. but i dont need to see a popup every page to tell me turn adblock off. so go ahead instead of just repeating your indoctrination of , its for the people ads keep it free. tell me, every other site and forums dont need popups and run just fine.
take down the popup. thats all that needs to happen. you just take down that little popup and be normal like every other forum.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Nerva666 what pop up are you referring too, and where?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@SMOKIE i havent seen it but i think he is talking about the pop up for users that are using an ad blocker

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Nerva, I have tested this out. I can tell you that there are no popups on the site. The only popup you will receive is if you have adblocker installed and is blocking ads here. There are no ad popups on this site. Mods please correct me if I'm wrong, but not a single site here that I have tested had a popup. Only the top and bottom ads are present, but they are static images.

If you are receiving popups on this site, you may have adware on your machine causing the popups. In which case I would highly recommend running MalwareBytes Anti Malware on your machine. Also a quick virus scan might not be a bad idea. Let me know if you need any help with that.

** I have over 12 years of technical background, so I'm not just randomly shooting stuff out at you**

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
take down popups and spam. lordmage and all the mods seem disillusioned and yet never want to answer the question. EVE#RY OTHER PAGE AND FORUM. everyone, no problem affording it, so either you are getting RIPPED OFF, or you are being greedy. but i dont need to see a popup every page to tell me turn adblock off. so go ahead instead of just repeating your indoctrination of , its for the people ads keep it free. tell me, every other site and forums dont need popups and run just fine.
take down the popup. thats all that needs to happen. you just take down that little popup and be normal like every other forum.

Nerva... the reason "other" forums do not need advertisements is because they CHARGE THEIR VENDORS TO PARTICIPATE. Vaping Underground was specifically designed so that vendors could participate for free.

Also... I have AdBlocker on my system... I have disabled it for this site and I have NEVER ONCE gotten a popup.

Did you ever think maybe you've picked up some malware?... Why don't you run Malwarebytes on your system and see what it comes up with.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nerva, I have tested this out. I can tell you that there are no popups on the site. The only popup you will receive is if you have adblocker installed and is blocking ads here. There are no ad popups on this site. Mods please correct me if I'm wrong, but not a single site here that I have tested had a popup. Only the top and bottom ads are present, but they are static images.

If you are receiving popups on this site, you may have adware on your machine causing the popups. In which case I would highly recommend running MalwareBytes Anti Malware on your machine. Also a quick virus scan might not be a bad idea. Let me know if you need any help with that.

** I have over 12 years of technical background, so I'm not just randomly shooting stuff out at you**

GMTA!! :)

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Nerva666 You Have been POPPED!
popped-CheddarCheese-Detail.sflb.ashx

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Was just thinking the same thing!

Nerva666 You Have been POPPED!
Come on Smokie, the guy was just voicing his opinion on the ads. Don't fuel the fire with a picture like that. You have to realize that it is true, most sites do have a one time adblock request. This site does take it one step farther with the constant popup if adblock is enabled. Granted the ads are really unintrusive, but it is the mindset of a lot of people on the internet now a days to use adblock. So just ease them into turning it back on! You get a lot more done with honey than spoiled milk. You're an italian from Jersey, so I know you're parents tossed that line at you once or twice!

Just allow the ads here via adblock+ and issue is resolved.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Was just thinking the same thing!

Come on Smokie, the guy was just voicing his opinion on the ads. Don't fuel the fire with a picture like that. You have to realize that it is true, most sites do have a one time adblock request. This site does take it one step farther with the constant popup if adblock is enabled. Granted the ads are really unintrusive, but it is the mindset of a lot of people on the internet now a days to use adblock. So just ease them into turning it back on! You get a lot more done with honey than spoiled milk. You're an italian from Jersey, so I know you're parents tossed that line at you once or twice!

Just allow the ads here via adblock+ and issue is resolved.

LMAO fueling the fire with this pic!

Last edited:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yes but his issue is the popup telling him he is blocking ads. Stop blocking ads problem solved. what exactly is your issue with the ads here. you said in the other thread that ads were fine yet you still want to block them

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Y'all are making me hungry!!!

vy38fLV_zps010d2302.gif

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While I rather like this place and the direction it seems to be headed to.............

That damn pop up is really getting on my nerves.

I have run Malwarebytes and MW Chameleon and it is still here.

I have adblock for a reason. I am a mature male and for whatever reason I am not interested in getting ads for dildos and pasties popping up when I want to look at the latest and greatest of vaping hardware.

None of which vibrates except for a few of the most creative motion activated APVs.

Which I can also do without.

And being a tech challenged person, and I use Google Chrome, I don't know how to disable the blocking for this site.

And if I do so, will the adds be as annoying as what is going on now?

There just has to be some middle ground where the forum gets some funding without the added bonus of a PITA for the members.

jeremypgaal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While I rather like this place and the direction it seems to be headed to.............

That damn pop up is really getting on my nerves.

I have run Malwarebytes and MW Chameleon and it is still here.

I have adblock for a reason. I am a mature male and for whatever reason I am not interested in getting ads for dildos and pasties popping up when I want to look at the latest and greatest of vaping hardware.

None of which vibrates except for a few of the most creative motion activated APVs.

Which I can also do without.

And being a tech challenged person, and I use Google Chrome, I don't know how to disable the blocking for this site.

And if I do so, will the adds be as annoying as what is going on now?

There just has to be some middle ground where the forum gets some funding without the added bonus of a PITA for the members.
Its pretty simple actually just go to your ad blocker on top right of chrome click it then click where it says enable on this site and it will disable it,They are only ads for vape related items and they are only at the top of the page.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Its pretty simple actually just go to your ad blocker on top right of chrome click it then click where it says enable on this site and it will disable it,They are only ads for vape related items and they are only at the top of the page.

Thanks for the info!

I will try it tomorrow.

For now I just built a new coil and wick and I wish to enjoy it with a beer or three !

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Had the popup when I first joined, white-listed the forum and everything works fine. Just do it. Or you can stick to tapatalk.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For the record the ads here are vape related no dilbo ads no worries.

synaptik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
meh, so if i want to use this forum without annoying ass popup every page you want me to turn off my ad blocker ..... fail ..... just fail ....

I will not turn my ad blocker off ... I don't want to see ads.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want what i want and i want it the way i want it. Give it to me now or i will continue to whine and complain and demand what i want over and over. If you still don't give it to me i will speak Ill of your site, call you names and throw a tantrum where my infantile squalls will be punctuated by loud shouts of FAIL!

just saying

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This aint Burger King. You can't have it your way. :)

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
boy, you can get lost fast around these parts. Now where is Burger King. I want no stinken popcorn or cheesie poofs.. as for those ads, what ads??? I don't see no ads???
Missed that boat I guess... damn!!!!

Chris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't use adblocker personally. I won't denounce people that do, but I'd rather them not use it.

I never did anything mean to those that did on my websites, but I did use a script that would detect if adblocker was used and replaced the ad with a message, the same size as the ad, that asked them to consider turning it off for my websites.

Now that I don't own any of those websites and my new site is so small and I don't give a fuck about making any coin, I don't use it anymore, but it's fairly simple to set up.

LeslieVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
boy, you can get lost fast around these parts. Now where is Burger King. I want no stinken popcorn or cheesie poofs.. as for those ads, what ads??? I don't see no ads???
Missed that boat I guess... damn!!!!
yeah i don't see the ad's either. glad i don't have anything to sniffle about! lol

Crunchy Codex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ITT: "Boohoo, ads about vapes. Muh Adblocker+."

So many more important things to bitch about than this...

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The ads aren't even intrusive on this forum, hell the ad block pop-up is more annoying then the actual ads! So just make an exception for vapingunderground and actually support the site.

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sorry, been sick. yes the pop up is right here, and im pretty sure we heard no popups.
there i put popup in again. yup video to come soon, sick so probably not till Monday to fix this. for the people or for money forum?
yes ecf is a rip off site that used to make alot of money, and i never liked ecf, but htere were other big forums that used ads and never charged. time ot pass out still not feeling good and want to head up to ecc tomorrow.

Attachments

• vjug.jpg
    vjug.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 22

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
welcome to my internet privacy rights, sorry if i am the only one that has to stand up publicly for it.

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just like you have "internet privacy rights" the owners of this forum have content publisher rights, meaning that they have the right to advertise this page however the hell they want, including asking you to white-list on ad blocker so this site generates revenue.

aussie

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
For the record the ads here are vape related no dilbo ads no worries.
No Dilbo ads Elf is going to be so disappointed. Dhim are you going to open that popcorn or just look at it?

R3llik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Show Host
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
OMG so much hate just because of having to block Adblocker on this site AND this site alone. Too bad to because you are probably missing some ads (very small ads well placed at the top of the page and to the side, a portion of the page that was not being used any ways.) to companies you may have never heard of and because of sheer stubbornness you never will either.

And just an FYI, if you were getting dildo ads from other sites, those ads are more then likely based on your web browsers history, not ad space directly sold from that site. LOL

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
No Dilbo ads Elf is going to be so disappointed. Dhim are you going to open that popcorn or just look at it?

Didn't you seee?... I already ate it!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors