Taking better pics of your vape gear - part 1

Pauly Meatballs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Everyone!
Just thought I'd share some quick and easy tips I've picked up over the last year.
Depending on the level of abuse I get for daring to opine on a subject I know almost nothing about, there may be follow up vids. :D
Have a great day!

Paul

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice topic!

I don't really have a budget for photography, but I give it my best try. :)

Obtained a pretty decent Canon A720is digital camera (it's not a DSLR, but has nice glass and has a good Program mode) as a lucky find in a thrift store for $40, then mainly use the freeware Xnview program for editing.

Good lighting, the use of macro settings and a basic understanding of photography helps a lot, IMHO.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to just lay the item down, snap the picture, and I'm done. Your method looks pretty easy, so I'll give it a try next time. Thanks for posting!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I enjoyed your video too and taking notes. Opps, the paper is no longer white.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's basically a backdrop used with natural lighting. Another way is to use a lightbox, which can be made really easy too:

If you're using a digital camera, a few things:

Last edited:

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
I can see the camera in many of those shots. one should also try to avoid that when shooting shiny objects.o_O

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can see the camera in many of those shots. one should also try to avoid that when shooting shiny objects.o_O

I'm guilty of that...lol

hm3vdbol.jpg

I actually liked the shot though, it's kind of trippy that way. ;-)

Pauly Meatballs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Because you are telling people how to take "better" pictures. Asshole. That's why.
Just trying to help out your shitty lesson. Loser.

I'm not telling people anything, I'm passing on a few quick and easy tips. It's different to what you're doing, which is being a cunt.

VU Sponsors