Become a Patron!

Taking carbon fiber decal off Hotcig RSQ

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
Just wasn’t feeling the decal, So off it went. Just know if you do it there will be two holes where the magnets are. I attempted to cover them with dot decals until I find a nicer solution. (Aka blue dots lol)

I regret nothing.

C0B34172-DF62-485A-8B22-243EB406263F.jpeg 310C935C-988D-4952-AEC3-EAC4D371D5AE.jpeg

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
A blue wrap would look good since it would blend in while covering the holes. That's assuming you're not totally against wraps, though, and it was just the black carbon fiber you didn't like. I have a ZapWrapz on mine, and it fits just inside the raised edges of the battery door perfectly. The piece beside the squonk bottle isn't meant to be used, just leftover from the cutout. I put it on mine anyway just to see how it looked and to protect the mod from scratches. But that would be irrelevant on yours since yours would be the same color as your mod.
cef6c0cf1a7405101b938ef079f4011a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m sure the logo on the side will wear off eventually. I really like the carbon fiber look but was curious as to what it would look like with out the sticker. My curiosity is satisfied. Thanks

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A blue wrap would look good since it would blend in while covering the holes. That's assuming you're not totally against wraps, though, and it was just the black carbon fiber you didn't like. I have a ZapWrapz on mine, and it fits just inside the raised edges of the battery door perfectly. The piece beside the squonk bottle isn't meant to be used, just leftover from the cutout. I put it on mine anyway just to see how it looked and to protect the mod from scratches. But that would be irrelevant on yours since yours would be the same color as your mod.
cef6c0cf1a7405101b938ef079f4011a.jpg

I really like the look of this one...

83C2A245-30F4-426B-967C-62217A6928B0.png

If you don’t mind me asking, are you in the US ? Just wondering how long shipping took if you are. Also how difficult is the install?

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I really like the look of this one...

View attachment 102725

If you don’t mind me asking, are you in the US ? Just wondering how long shipping took if you are. Also how difficult is the install?
Yea, I'm just outside of Atlanta, Georgia. I think shipping took 7 or 8 business days. I've got Zapwrapz on 5 of my mods. One wrap has been on a daily used mod for close to a year and still looks as good as the day I installed it. I first ordered Zapwrapz based off of pics I saw online. Now that's all I'll use because they've always been great. I wasn't crazy about the color of one wrap I received, even though it was what I'd ordered, and they sent me a different color of my choice at no additional charge!
I think the installation is pretty simple. If you've put a screen protector on a phone, then you can install these too. The pic you posted is similar to what I went with. I got the same color for the brushed silver, but chose black carbon fiber instead of black snake skin. I went with solid black carbon fiber all over on my RX2. I'm super impressed with the how precise it fits all the different angles and cuts of the RX2 so perfectly

VU Sponsors