Become a Patron!

Talk Me Out Of It

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So here's the deal: Started vaping about a week ago. Currently have a Pro Tank 3 on an EVOD VV. I'm not 100% certain, but probably over 85%, that I'm going to stick with vaping. I know I want to go sub-ohm. Or, if not sub-ohm: At least something that gives me more/denser vapor than my current setup.

I haven't settled on a tank, but I'm pretty sure that, of all the box mods I've seen, they one I like the best is the Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini. Takes a single 18650 (already have the batteries and charger [Samsung R25s and Intellicharger i2, respectively]), it can do temp/watts/voltage, and size is nice. I like the display. I like the aesthetics. It gets glowing reviews.

I need y'all to talk me out of it.

(Yes, you guessed it: There's absolutely no point to this post whatsoever.)

Jim

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a solid mod. I went with the D2 instead because I liked it better when I held both at my B&M, but I'll get the mini too. Good luck.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL Sorry, but I'm also an enabler!

I have the D2, which I love, but now that the VTC is upgradeable, I'd get that one:p

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TVF4 is an awesome sub ohm tank with many coil options. Get the mini version for that mod. The big one is to big for it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be glad to talk you out of.....nothing. I can't do it. I'm a mod/tank hoarder and anything I say to talk you out of it would be lies....all lies.....:p

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got mine and I'm really lovin' it. I won't talk you out of it.

The upgrade process to version 1.20 was super easy. Downloaded the software, hooked up the device, clicked upgrade, chose my file, and the whole upgrade process took about 2 seconds! Now it goes to 75 watts.

Although it sure seems like a battery hog.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry, no help from me. Just do it!:D

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got mine and I'm really lovin' it. I won't talk you out of it.

The upgrade process to version 1.20 was super easy. Downloaded the software, hooked up the device, clicked upgrade, chose my file, and the whole upgrade process took about 2 seconds! Now it goes to 75 watts.

Although it sure seems like a battery hog.

Any single 18650 mod that you're pushing above 35-40 watts isn't going to have spectacular battery life. My D2 at 71 watts will burn through an LG HG2 3000mah battery in about 3 hours, the same mod and battery combo set at 13 watts will last all day.

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any single 18650 mod that you're pushing above 35-40 watts isn't going to have spectacular battery life. My D2 at 71 watts will burn through an LG HG2 3000mah battery in about 3 hours, the same mod and battery combo set at 13 watts will last all day.

My vapor shark rdna 40 lasts about 2 days of chain vaping at 35watts.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Don't Do It! Get a regulated mod that takes two 18650 batteries.
unnamedg34g23g.jpg

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm. Makes me want to pick up the large screen rDNA 40 VS, I've always wanted one and if the battery life is that good I could probably make it last at least 2 days with the Kayfun lite.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a few extra bucks, that VTC mini comes with an Ego One Mega tank with a couple coils. Might use that set up for awhile until you decide you want to keep vaping, and what tank you really want. I would suggest a black Herakles. Coils are cheap and available everywhere.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You guys have been every bit as helpful as I somehow knew you'd be
lol.gif

As for the tank: I'm going to bide my time. I'm with @Shark Vape on this one: I'm looking for flavour, not clouds. I'm a MTL vaper. Have no interest in DI. I just bought a Mini Kanger Protank 3 to stick on my EVOD, and a couple extra coils. I know it won't do that mod justice, but it'll hold me until I make a tank decision.

I'm trying real hard not to turn this into a hobby. I have enough hobbies as it is. Too many, in fact. And I don't need a drawer-full of vaping hardware :)

Jim

whitecloud40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You guys have been every bit as helpful as I somehow knew you'd be
lol.gif

As for the tank: I'm going to bide my time. I'm with @Shark Vape on this one: I'm looking for flavour, not clouds. I'm a MTL vaper. Have no interest in DI. I just bought a Mini Kanger Protank 3 to stick on my EVOD, and a couple extra coils. I know it won't do that mod justice, but it'll hold me until I make a tank decision.

I'm trying real hard not to turn this into a hobby. I have enough hobbies as it is. Too many, in fact. And I don't need a drawer-full of vaping hardware :)

Jim

Thats for sure! I think for many people vaping turns into a hobby, not just a way to deal with nicotine, which is how I started vaping. I don't quiet have a drawer full of vaping hardware yet lol but my vaping hobby has me stocking up on cool equipment, e-liquids, and more accessories than I probably need lol.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmm. Makes me want to pick up the large screen rDNA 40 VS, I've always wanted one and if the battery life is that good I could probably make it last at least 2 days with the Kayfun lite.
not sure where you vape your kfl, I vape the kf4 at 24w and am putting the battery on the charger after 2 days and there is still plenty juice left.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, it's done, guys. Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini, Black, on order from MVS. $49.45 out the door, with 2nd Day USPS Priority Mail shipping. Looked to me to be a good deal, given the prices I saw elsewhere.

Thanks for "talking me out of it," everybody :D (A special shout-out to @pulsevape for pushing me over the edge.)

Jim

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So here's the deal: Started vaping about a week ago. Currently have a Pro Tank 3 on an EVOD VV. I'm not 100% certain, but probably over 85%, that I'm going to stick with vaping. I know I want to go sub-ohm. Or, if not sub-ohm: At least something that gives me more/denser vapor than my current setup.

I haven't settled on a tank, but I'm pretty sure that, of all the box mods I've seen, they one I like the best is the Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini. Takes a single 18650 (already have the batteries and charger [Samsung R25s and Intellicharger i2, respectively]), it can do temp/watts/voltage, and size is nice. I like the display. I like the aesthetics. It gets glowing reviews.

I need y'all to talk me out of it.

(Yes, you guessed it: There's absolutely no point to this post whatsoever.)

Jim
If you like the flavor of the protank, a few options on tanks .
The eleaf Melo or Melo 2 will use both Atlantis nickel or triton coils.
Both are great in flavor.
-assuming you're not looking to start building.

Best of luck dude! That joytech mini is a great mod !

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's done, guys. Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini, Black, on order from MVS. $49.45 out the door, with 2nd Day USPS Priority Mail shipping. Looked to me to be a good deal, given the prices I saw elsewhere.

Thanks for "talking me out of it," everybody :D (A special shout-out to @pulsevape for pushing me over the edge.)

Jim
Where did u order from

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
not sure where you vape your kfl, I vape the kf4 at 24w and am putting the battery on the charger after 2 days and there is still plenty juice left.

Between 12-15w on my D2

20w on my MVP Pro

16w on my Sigelei mini

It's weird that different Mods need different wattages. Maybe it has something to do with ramp up time?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Between 12-15w on my D2

20w on my MVP Pro

16w on my Sigelei mini

It's weird that different Mods need different wattages. Maybe it has something to do with ramp up time?
Ramp up time, build, accuracy bla bla bla
Yeah dude, my adv is normally 50w; but, ill go into the 20-25w for social or professional reasons. The last few days I was on the sitting at 25w and just put the battery on the charger to go back up. I had right below half battery left.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
myvaporstore.com

*sigh* I just realized: I'll need an eGo <-> 510 adapter :(

Jim

If I still have the one that came with my MVP I'll drop it in an envelope and shoot it to you. Did you get an 18650, they aren't included lol.

Last edited:

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ramp up time, build, accuracy bla bla bla
Yeah dude, my adv is normally 50w; but, ill go into the 20-25w for social or professional reasons. The last few days I was on the sitting at 25w and just put the battery on the charger to go back up. I had right below half battery left.

If I use above 20 watts the second drag is starting to taste like cotton. Maybe my wicking is to blame? (R91)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I use above 20 watts the second drag is starting to taste like cotton. Maybe my wicking is to blame? (R91)
On a kayfun lite?
Its been a while, but, the wicking on that one was kind of a pain in the ass.
We used to always tell people "less is more" with a kayfun.
My typical build on mine was 7/8 wraps of 28g at 2.5 mm diameter at a 1.4ohms -hey I was on a p2.5! Lol
But the wick was thick going through the coil then thin going into the chamber.

Edit shir just saw above 20w on a kfl? Shit never! Not enough airflow or deep enough juice channel for it to feed that high. Min was always under 15w.
Mykf4 has the 4s kit in it and that one does have more airflow and feeds the juice more efficiently.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Edit shir just saw above 20w on a kfl? Shit never! Not enough airflow or deep enough juice channel for it to feed that high. Min was always under 15w.
Mykf4 has the 4s kit in it and that one does have more airflow and feeds the juice more efficiently.

Ok, cool. I was thinking I hadn't wicked it right. It stays wicking well with good flavor at 14.1 watts

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, cool. I was thinking I hadn't wicked it right. It stays wicking well with good flavor at 14.1 watts
Sounds about right for the kfl

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If I still have the one that came with my MVP I'll drop it in an envelope and shoot it to you.
Thanks! That'd be great!

I'll check the local B&Ms, first, to see if any have 'em, tho, before I go putting you to the trouble.

Did you get an 18650, they aren't included lol.
Yeah. I have a pair of Samsung R25s. I already had an i2, for my flashlight 18650s. Thanks for the heads-up, tho.

Jim

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Any coupons there?
I couldn't find any. I didn't look too hard, tho. At $43 and change, it's already $21 under MSRP and about $15 or so cheaper than everybody else is selling the full kit for.

Jim

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can pm me if you end up needing it. It'll literally just be a couple of stamps, I'm not worried about it. Glad you got the Mini you'll like it.

My next purchase is probably the mini. I wonder if they'll start allowing people to make their own customs start up and menu screens like they were talking about. That will be legit.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You can pm me if you end up needing it. It'll literally just be a couple of stamps, I'm not worried about it. Glad you got the Mini you'll like it.
Ok. Thanks, AA!

I may end up just saying "screw it," and buying a tank, anyway. TBH: Main thing holding me back is I just bought the Mini Pro 3 and two spare coils from a local B&M. Would hate for that to go to waste.

Jim

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks again for the generous offer @AirAddict - I found an adapter at a LVS, and discovered a neat new LVS in the process :)

Good thing you guys failed to talk me out of buying this mod, despite your best efforts :) This thing r0x0rz! Even with the little Mini Protank 3, I'm getting better vape.

Thanks, y'all!

Jim

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem man.Glad you're enjoying it! That's what it's all about. Now you just need to upgrade from that pro tank! This sickness never stops lol.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't believe the difference when I switched to sub-ohm. I tried to go back to my old Nautilus on my itaste MVP V2 to stealth vape at work and just could not understand how I ever used it or thought how great it was at the time. I gave it to a friend of my son because he was trying to get off cigarettes. When my family gets together to watch a movie, it can get hard to see because we all vape and fill the room with clouds ... love it !!!

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish someone else I was close to vaped. I'm the only one :( my mom tries but she lives in another state so we don't get to see each other often.

VU Sponsors