Become a Patron!

Tank Choice help for noob

longbeen

Member For 1 Year
Hey all
As many do i'm on the learning curve & know pretty much bugger all at the moment but researching hard and totally lost right now for a good choice tank. And sorry for the length of this post)
I currently have an eleaf aster RT 22 & happy for now with the built in battery option, later move into seperate battery but for now not a problem.
The RT 22 tank that come with it seems to be ok currently using 40w & 230c temp...still fiddling around but seems to vape ok & probably better in time with changes & more knowledge.
I also just bought what I thought to be a good deal of another mod box & tank set...good price but totally crap tank.
It's a cuboid mini battery with an eleaf Lyche tank. Got this because the aster come with a set of heads that only fit the Lyche tank so thought should get the tank to match the heads and not just waste em. Turns out to be the biggest piece of s**t tank ever as it just don't stop spitting no matter what I do with it and the hot liquid just plain sux.
So i'm on the hunt for a new tank to use on the cubeoid and this time doing hopefully the proper research & not getting another waste of time & money tank.
So what i'm hoping to get hold of is something that likes lower wattage for good flavour & cloud with pre build heads/coils but hopefully also one that would come with an rba option or better still an rba in the pack. I'm really not ready just yet to get into the coil rebuilding stuff but would like to future proof a little bit if possible so that I can when i'm a bit more knowledgeable and ready to have a go at it.
These are the tanks i've been lookin at making a choice between (and I know some don't have the rebuildable coil option but very open to suggestions) i'm also a little limited as to where can buy this stuff from as i'm living in a country that's not legal to vape.
Would also really appreciate some plain and simple language &/or choices as i'm not techo enough to get into the high end vape language stuff yet.
Choices i've narrowed to so far...

Kanger TOPTANK
Kanger Protank 4...but have read about both these having leaking issues...

Smok TFV8
Smok TFV4...Have read about leaking and excessive juice usage but has rba option for later

Vaporesso Estoc Tank
Cigarette Electronique Vaporesso NRG..no rba option as far as I know.

Ideally would like something bigger than 2 ml ...3.5-5ml seems like a good idea
There is so much conflicting info it's doing my head in so thought a good idea to ask those with actual experience & knowledge instead of just some place wanting to flog a product.
Sorry again for the length of this but there is so much stuff floating around my head it's not even funny.
And a huge thanks for reading through this and taking the time for a simplistic reply.
Cheers all.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't have knowledge with new products with factory coils....BUT....welcome aboard.....:vino:

Someone with more knowledge than me will help you out.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You have this at the moment correct?:

upload_2018-6-30_1-58-53.png

This is a direct lung inhale tank.

Some tanks are for MTL (mouth to lung inhale) and you would not prefer those if you like this tank you have.

From your choices I'd say the Smok TFV8

But another moderator was talking about a killer Smok Tank just yesterday.

I'll tag him @Tom950

I think it was the smok x-baby tank

longbeen

Member For 1 Year
@ inspects, thanks for the welcome mate.

@ 5150sick, yes that's it but am using it as mtl to try to beat the 30+ year habit. Even though I smoked for so long I just can't do straight into the lungs without coughing one up...hahaha
Yeah looked at the x-baby too, my only concern with these is apparently they use an a** load of juice & it's not so easy to get here so conservation & lower wattage I think would be handy...but as i've read elsewhere her, whatever it takes to kick the former habit.

Major problem is info. If googling it seems like it's only the latest, greatest and trendiest if you don't know exactly what your looking for.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
@ inspects, thanks for the welcome mate.

@ 5150sick, yes that's it but am using it as mtl to try to beat the 30+ year habit. Even though I smoked for so long I just can't do straight into the lungs without coughing one up...hahaha
Yeah looked at the x-baby too, my only concern with these is apparently they use an a** load of juice & it's not so easy to get here so conservation & lower wattage I think would be handy...but as i've read elsewhere her, whatever it takes to kick the former habit.

Major problem is info. If googling it seems like it's only the latest, greatest and trendiest if you don't know exactly what your looking for.

If you are looking for a good tank that conserves juice pretty well I would say 100% kanger toptank.
It's not really a MTL tank but it's like yours.

If you use the 0.5ohm coils or the TC coils you will probably get better battery life out of your mod too.

I used to use kanger tanks from the Protank V1 to the TopTank.
I still use the toptank/subtank from time to time.

It's better on juice then anything you will get from Smok.
Smok tanks are cloud chuckers so you will most likely not prefer them.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Also none of my 3 TopTanks leak

You just have to be sure to get an Authentic Kanger Toptank because there are a lot of fakes out there that even have real looking packaging and everything.

Be sure the word "Authentic" is in the listing if you buy online.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I used the toptank with the 0.5ohm coils at around 30 to 35 watts

Also I just noticed that the melo tank is what a lot of MTL vapers like.

@AndriaD may be able to help with this one since i'm not a MTL vaper.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes its the x-baby I'm using. But if you're trying to go easy on juice then the x is not for you

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. The Kanger tanks are great and specifically for when getting started. They are easy to use, the coils last for a good long time (juice dependent) and you can drill out the airflow when you start wanting more air. these will server you for a good long time. Parts are also readily available and the coil prices are reasonable. Been using these for years and my wife still uses them almost exclusively.

longbeen

Member For 1 Year
Thanks very much guys, really appreciate the info from your experience. Especially about the coils, juice and battery life.
Was originally just going to go for either the TopTank or the Protank 4(still not sure whats the better choice) but got really put off by numerous reports of leaking. Looks like TopTank seems to be the choice with you guys but how's your thoughts on the Protank 4?
Is there any rebuildable option for these? Won't stop me from getting one for now, just thinking about down the track.
Also thanks heaps for the heads up about Mello, will have a look into these too but again have been put off from the bad experience with the Lyche pyrotechnic tank.
Really appreciate all you guys taking time out to help...Thank you

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks very much guys, really appreciate the info from your experience. Especially about the coils, juice and battery life.
Was originally just going to go for either the TopTank or the Protank 4(still not sure whats the better choice) but got really put off by numerous reports of leaking. Looks like TopTank seems to be the choice with you guys but how's your thoughts on the Protank 4?
Is there any rebuildable option for these? Won't stop me from getting one for now, just thinking about down the track.
Also thanks heaps for the heads up about Mello, will have a look into these too but again have been put off from the bad experience with the Lyche pyrotechnic tank.
Really appreciate all you guys taking time out to help...Thank you

The protank 4 is good. It gives more airflow than the toptank but I had issues with two of them and the paint. No leaking problems though.

They do make an RBA for that one
https://kangeronline.com/products/mini-rba-deck

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
mtl to try to beat the 30+ year habit
Go with the kanger toptank mini. You get 2 coil heads, a rebuildable RBA mini deck and 2 pre coiled coils (to use on the rba mini). This is a great tank for mouth to lung and later D2L. Think of it as a transitinal tank from ecig style to tanks. The baby beast are basically fog machines, best used direct to lung although you can restrict the airflow somewhat.
To be honest, with the kanger toptank, I like a 32ga stainless steel parallel coil (2 strands wrapped together.. twice the area, half the resistance)

longbeen

Member For 1 Year
I like a 32ga stainless steel parallel coil (2 strands wrapped together.. twice the area, half the resistance)
Thanks very much for that, had made the decision already based on jwill & 5150sick posts and help and now yours too...I really appreciate the time you guys gave for me and the experience past on in NON techo, hype, fanboy style.
Seriously appreciate the effort guys, got so much life stuff going on and jingle jangling nervous system from trying to get off the ciggies, this info is literally priceless to me right now and taken a load off. Now just got to source it & get it here.
Cheers guys

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Good on ya mate. This community is great for tips, queries, and support. We all know you can kick the analogs.

Those guys steered you in a good direction.

I was going to say “Estoc” from Vaporesso. It’s got a nice liquid capacity. The EUC’s they use work in a couple of different tanks. I use them in my Veco One Plus tank (4ml) and the regular 2ml Veco tank.

I’ve also had good luck with Amigo Riptides and other Aspire/Nautilus type tanks. The Itsuw/Amigo coils are awesome and the generic types that FastTech sells aren’t bad either. Those types of coils are used in a wide variety of tanks. Check out georgemeadal’s extensive compatibility list.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

I use 75vg/25pg liquid at 25 watts on a 0.5 ohm coil.
With Verde Valley Vapes liquid, that’s all the wattage I need for some pretty good clouds.

longbeen

Member For 1 Year
Thanks SpectoVia originally this was the one I just wanted to jump on, it just looks well made and mostly reviews were saying good things, the only drawback was not having a rebuildable coil for down the track as I get settled with vaping & more knowledge about everything. I can see the rebuildable will become a reality in time but I know my limits and know now isn't the time to get stuck into that. However where I live will end up necessity as postage to here is a PITA and iffy to get through customs and I don't want to pay for coils forever too.

longbeen

Member For 1 Year
Thanks to everyone for your input...Found a good price for TopTank & ordered...just play the waiting game now for delivery.
Much appreciate all you help guys, thank you.

VU Sponsors