Become a Patron!

tank dripping

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I apologize for my ignorance, but I am trying to learn. If I am using a tank system, can I drip on top of it? Is that why there is a "drip tip"?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
tanks in general are filled but if the design allows for the juice to make it to the coil you could. some tanks may be better than others

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
tanks in general are filled but if the design allows for the juice to make it to the coil you could. some tanks may be better than others
Its a mini nautilus by aspire. Would I not get the true effect of "dripping" then?

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A tank is generally speaking built so that juice will automatically make it's way to the wicking material(cotton or silica or other) that is in/around the heating element (coil). You fill it and the juice feeds into the holes that are on the sides of the atomizer head, and when you take a draw, you not only pull air and vapor from the coil, you pull more juice into it to ready it for the next draw.

Dripping is when you have an atomizer (without the tank around it usually) and drip e-juice directly onto the coil itself and the wicking material that feeds the coil and stores the e-juice. You get far fewer draws when you do this compared to using a tank system.

The advantages of dripping (generally speaking) are that you build your own coil and add your own wicking material in any manner you like, to customize your vape experience. Building your own coils can do wonderful things, like adding flavor or vapor in varying amounts. It takes some knowledge to do this, and often dripping is paired with high powered mods to further allow for customization. All of these things are advanced compared to using a clearomizer (like the Mini Nautilus) and take some time to properly learn and perfect. They also require specialized gear (RDA - Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer in particular).

There are also tanks that are made for building coils in/for. These are called RTA - Rebuildable Tank Atomizers. These give the benefits of having a tank to hold a lot of e-juice, but also some of the benefits of making your own coils and adding your own wicking material. These are also somewhat advanced devices that require some learned skills.

Building coils for tanks or dripping also requires specific safety knowledge concerning the battery devices (Mods, Mechs, Regulated devices and Unregulated Devices are some terms used for these). You need to understand ohm's law and safe charging/discharging of the batteries used for these devices.

You could, in theory, drip on the Nautilus's coil and wicking material directly. But since the coil IS as it IS, it will still vape the same - you may as well fill the tank up and vape happily.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its a mini nautilus by aspire. Would I not get the true effect of "dripping" then?
No, you'll just get a mouthful of raw juice. Tanks are not made to drip.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A tank is generally speaking built so that juice will automatically make it's way to the wicking material(cotton or silica or other) that is in/around the heating element (coil). You fill it and the juice feeds into the holes that are on the sides of the atomizer head, and when you take a draw, you not only pull air and vapor from the coil, you pull more juice into it to ready it for the next draw.

Dripping is when you have an atomizer (without the tank around it usually) and drip e-juice directly onto the coil itself and the wicking material that feeds the coil and stores the e-juice. You get far fewer draws when you do this compared to using a tank system.

The advantages of dripping (generally speaking) are that you build your own coil and add your own wicking material in any manner you like, to customize your vape experience. Building your own coils can do wonderful things, like adding flavor or vapor in varying amounts. It takes some knowledge to do this, and often dripping is paired with high powered mods to further allow for customization. All of these things are advanced compared to using a clearomizer (like the Mini Nautilus) and take some time to properly learn and perfect. They also require specialized gear (RDA - Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer in particular).

There are also tanks that are made for building coils in/for. These are called RTA - Rebuildable Tank Atomizers. These give the benefits of having a tank to hold a lot of e-juice, but also some of the benefits of making your own coils and adding your own wicking material. These are also somewhat advanced devices that require some learned skills.

Building coils for tanks or dripping also requires specific safety knowledge concerning the battery devices (Mods, Mechs, Regulated devices and Unregulated Devices are some terms used for these). You need to understand ohm's law and safe charging/discharging of the batteries used for these devices.

You could, in theory, drip on the Nautilus's coil and wicking material directly. But since the coil IS as it IS, it will still vape the same - you may as well fill the tank up and vape happily.

If you have any questions, please ask!
Thanx alot. Lotta good info

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanx alot. Lotta good info
NP :) It's a little confusing without some kind of explanation. Five months ago when I started, I had no idea!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NP :) It's a little confusing without some kind of explanation. Five months ago when I started, I had no idea!
Thats how I feel. Right now just tryin to stay off the cigs. I'm intrigued about mods and clouds for the future, but seems out of my league for now

normzilla

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I drip on my lemo drop all the time. It really works.

kami917

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it's easier to just get a RDA and try it. Watch tons of you tube videos. Rda is good in a since of you can get warm vape, good flavors or super big clouds depending on rda and how you build it also might have to change your mod to 40-70w at least or just a mech mod :)

VU Sponsors