Tank is stuck on mod HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Forum Help & How To - Member Submitted' started by Clivedeosauce, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Clivedeosauce

Clivedeosauce New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok. Juice has gotten under my tank and I screwed it on, and it's dried so my tank is stuck. How do I get it off?!

SnapDragon NY likes this.
  2. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
  3. SnapDragon NY

Blog Posts:
  4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  5. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I know sticking a tank in the freezer will help get things unstuck. Not sure about putting a mod in there though.

6. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have personally never had e-Liquid that dried up even with some sitting on MOD for moths I did not use. Now cooked e-liquid can gunk up but still is viscous in my opinion.

7. eStorm

eStorm Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Its these stupid smok tanks, even without juice beneath, depending on the coil you used, they always get stuck. Some more some less, however we keep answering this question on a daily basis, yet OP keeps opening topics on a nearly daily basis with said problem. What am I missing?

Raymcconn, fq06 and SnapDragon NY like this.
  8. Clivedeosauce

Clivedeosauce New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking if I just wait a while it'll come crusty and loose.

9. fq06

fq06 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Stick a small allen L wrench through the airflow holes and use that for leverage. 1.5mm fits through most tanks bases.

This needs to be a sticky because it does get asked weekly.

10. SnapDragon NY

Blog Posts:
    Take it to a Vape Shop-
    If you followed any of the advice given to you- that tank would be off by now.
    If the tank is spinning and spinning and not coming off, your 510 connection on the mod is broken and you will need another set up.

FΛDED and Raymcconn like this.
  11. Clivedeosauce

Clivedeosauce New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am from a small town in BC named Quesnel. We do not really have vape shops here. Smoke shops, but nothing electronic.

12. Raymcconn

Raymcconn Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    So what are you going to do in the mean time? Do you have another set up? I have never seen Juice get "crusty". I am lazy or time impaired as I like to say and have a tank that has had juice in it for almost 9 months now. Probably should of cleaned it when it was shelved. That is for another thread :| It is no where near crusty. Have you tried any of the suggestions? As mentioned the small allen wrench works well I have found.

SnapDragon NY, fq06 and eStorm like this.
  13. eStorm

eStorm Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    You know the freak I am, before replying to topics I might be unsure about, I'll do a test run. I was certain, that juice won't crust but not 100%, but if they do what kind of crust would we be dealing with. So I went and grabbed 5 different juices last night. Different VG/PG ratio, as well as high sweetener juices, less sweet ones etc to see if it would make a difference, assuming from OPs post that he/she is new to vaping, and didn't have that whole setup in his/her cabinet the last 3 years.

So I poured enough of juice on two surfaces, one my kitchen counter and on a metal sheet, since mods are metal and I didn't wanted to hear the argument about the counter. Anyways, put my tanks on top and went to sleep. There's no crusting. Now we could argue, that because of the tanks heat it happens. NP I gotcha, picked my ceramic tank and this one heats up really bad, in fact after 3 puffs you can't touch the bottom and after 8 you can't touch the glass without burning yourself. Poured all the different juices underneath, nothing got crystalized, thanks to the vape gods today it didn't break my 510 lol.

My point is, if its crusted already it ain't juice, if you waiting for it to crust up we gonna sit here probably till Xmas 2045, because it ain't happening lol.

I'll explain now one more time how to fix it. Up to you if you wanna try it and solve your problem.

Method 1:
    Grab some kitchen gloves you use for dishes or cleaning the house. First aid kit ones will work as well if you don't have the others.
    Turn off your mod.
    Open the tank either on the top or bottom and remove the glass. Do not remove the coil or coil head, glass only so it won't crack.
    Wear ur gloves, now grab the bottom of the tank that's stuck to the mod, not just the airflow part (applicable with specific tank models, not all have a bottom airflow) and the top, now try unscrewing it, might have to use a bit force tho.

Method 2:
    Get vaping tweezers, that's a no brainer and won't need instructions.

Method 3:
    Take a stainless steel nail file, small flat screw driver, an Allan key or whatever is small/flat enough to get into the tanks airflow or the little metal loop on the bottom of your coil.
    Turn off your mod, remove the battery because we are all about safety ;)
    Now slide the tool in the airflow or little metal loop, in some cases both and give it a good tuck.

You will need some force and make sure you have enough leverage or it won't work.

Method 4:
    Pliers, I think that's self explanatory as well.

Gl, I'll be going to work now.

fq06, SnapDragon NY and Raymcconn like this.
  14. Raymcconn

Raymcconn Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Well all of that was a bit more scientific than me looking at a old tank with juice in it. I give you that. :giggle:

fq06, eStorm and SnapDragon NY like this.