Become a Patron!

tank options

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for a tank. I regularly use an rda at 60+ watts, but I'd prefer a tank setup that satisfies me. I'm thinking a sub tank mini. I currently have an orchid, but it leaks when it's on its side no matter what, but works wonderfully otherwise. I also have a Lemo Drop, but it dry hits after 40 watts and doesn't satisfy me with flavor. Please help me out. Im sick of dripping.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really digging my subtank mini. Doesn't perform as well as my rda's, but it's pretty damn impressive. It's my rda replacement for when dripping isn't possible or appropriate. I'm glad I got it. Doesn't require super high power to work well either. For the price and performance it's a winner in my book. Happy hunting.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Better than a Lemo, is the Billow. You can't lay it on the side, but it doesn't have issues leaking, holding it upright. Holds about 5 mils of juice.

Gonna have performance more similar to an RDA. Airflow, clouds, flavor.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll be looking for a "sub ohm tank"...seems that the Arctic is near the top of the list, but there might be better...the sub tank mini would be a sound choice, and not necessary to look further...and, there is a rebuildable coil option within the subtank mini...

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The rebuildable option was what got me to even consider the subtank mini. I refuse to buy something that requires buying pre built coil heads only, but I like that it's an option. I'm currently using the rba head and keeping the occ heads as backup. For a lung hitting tank, it's all I need.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The rebuildable option was what got me to even consider the subtank mini. I refuse to buy something that requires buying pre built coil heads only, but I like that it's an option. I'm currently using the rba head and keeping the occ heads as backup. For a lung hitting tank, it's all I need.

I also refuse to buy a tank that I am required to buy coils for. I'm into the idea of the sub tank mini, but I'm unsure how it compares to an rda. Can anyone compare it to a lemo? The lemo just doesnt cut it for me. I'd be satisfied with 75% of the performance of a dripper in a tank.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm...I was just getting excited about the Lemo...an RDA with a tank sounded good...and then there's the Big Dripper, but is that any better than the Lemo? I think not....Wait: I don't vape above 25 watts, so the Lemo would work for me (you say it dry hits after 40 watts).

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The subtank mini is supposed to be a damn good tank...but look into the new "plus" model as it supposedly takes care of any issues of the previous models...you have a coil or an optional rda style base to build your coils with...Not sure what the ohm limit is for one but if you watch youtube they are blowing out some rda sized clouds but i doubt at 60 watts...more like 30 35 watts.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for a tank. I regularly use an rda at 60+ watts, but I'd prefer a tank setup that satisfies me. I'm thinking a sub tank mini. I currently have an orchid, but it leaks when it's on its side no matter what, but works wonderfully otherwise. I also have a Lemo Drop, but it dry hits after 40 watts and doesn't satisfy me with flavor. Please help me out. Im sick of dripping.

I assume your primary objective is lots of clouds, lots of flavor? Or do you mind less clouds, more flavor, or vice versa?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also refuse to buy a tank that I am required to buy coils for. I'm into the idea of the sub tank mini, but I'm unsure how it compares to an rda. Can anyone compare it to a lemo? The lemo just doesnt cut it for me. I'd be satisfied with 75% of the performance of a dripper in a tank.
I have both the lemo and subtank mini.
let's just say the lemo has been shelved...

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also refuse to buy a tank that I am required to buy coils for. I'm into the idea of the sub tank mini, but I'm unsure how it compares to an rda.

Compared to an RDA the sub tank mini is a little underwhelming. I'm not saying its not a great tank, but for me I run all my RDA's/RTA's with dual coils low ohms and high watts. That's not something you're going to be able to do very effectively with the sub tank mini. At least in my experience anyways. But as far as clearomizer's go the sub tank mini is awesome with the RBA head. Its my driving and at work tank, at home I'm more of a Billow and Orchid person when I'm not dripping.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Close to an RDA's airflow and flavor, are currently 3 devices. The UD Goblin, the Silverplay and Big Dripper V2. I don't recommend the Goblin though. The Goblin and Silverplay is more like a Kayfun/Lemo style tank. The Big Dripper V2 is like a RDA with a tank on top. You push on the drip tip, in order to get the juice in the well. I own all the devices mentioned and I do like the Silverplay and the Big Dripper a lot!

VU Sponsors