Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone
Over the past month I have started to have serious issues with 2 tanks. So much so that I actually got rid of one of them.

I purchased both a Kanger Aero Tank Mega and an Aspire Nautilus. Both of them constantly gurgle and spit juice in my mouth. I can't get them to stop. I have changed coils. I have bought brand new coils with the possibility that I was using bad coils. And nothing is making it stop. I got so tired of the Kanger that I gave it away to someone, and I am about to stop trying to get the Nautilus to work properly. Nothing I do seems to work. Adjusting the airflow, making sure the coil is tight, etc. Nothing seems to work.

The only tanks that I have that seem to work perfectly are my Innokin Iclear 30 tanks. I have three of them that I have been constantly using, because I am sick of getting juice gurgling and spitting in my mouth with the Nautilus.

Any suggestions? I am willing to try just about anything to get it to work properly, because I really do like the tank, if it would just work right

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
it is the vape gods way of telling you to roll your own kanger coils.

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it is the vape gods way of telling you to roll your own kanger coils.

I have thought of that.. Maybe I should try that with the Nautlis, since I got rid of the Kanger.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Honestly It could have been a bad kanger tank.
not hand any coffee yet this morning so logical thought patterns are not here yet.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried firing your device for about a full second before you inhale?

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately I have. I wonder if I just got unlucky and got two bad tanks. I bought them both from the same place.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tanks don't cause these issues; bad coils do. Are you SURE your coils are genuine?

For the nautilus; just get the new BVC coils, from a registered aspire dealer, and enjoy the tank. I'll buy tanks almost anywhere, BUT I only buy my Kanger, and Aspire coils from registered dealers.. There are more fakes on the market, than legit coils. Were you using the new sealed kanger coils?

The scratch off codes have been faked by the clone makers too, so don't go by them alone.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also, don't over tighten your coils, just snug them in. Over tightening can make them leak

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For the Kanger, it is so important to put the right coils in there, not all kanger coils work on all kanger tanks, and The Qtip method for Kangers is the BOOOOOOOOMB, Thank you Tom for teaching us!
I had a few bad coils from Kanger, i guess it happens, one of the issues was my fault however.
I have found that the new invisi wick coils work best at around 6-8 watts, if I go higher than that, they burn, if I go lower, they will flood. If you get gurgles, you need to take the kanger tank apart and use a qtip to clean out the juice from the air shaft, also, using a wide bore tip seams to help a lot more as well.

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tanks don't cause these issues; bad coils do. Are you SURE your coils are genuine?

For the nautilus; just get the new BVC coils, from a registered aspire dealer, and enjoy the tank. I'll buy tanks almost anywhere, BUT I only buy my Kanger, and Aspire coils from registered dealers.. There are more fakes on the market, than legit coils. Were you using the new sealed kanger coils?

The scratch off codes have been faked by the clone makers too, so don't go by them alone.

I am not 100% sure they are genuine. I never actually did the research. But I got 2 different packs of both Kanger coils and Nautilus coils, from 2 totally different places. I specifically asked one place if they are legit or clones, and he said they are totally genuine coils. But I guess I do not know for sure.

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For the Kanger, it is so important to put the right coils in there, not all kanger coils work on all kanger tanks, and The Qtip method for Kangers is the BOOOOOOOOMB, Thank you Tom for teaching us!
I had a few bad coils from Kanger, i guess it happens, one of the issues was my fault however.
I have found that the new invisi wick coils work best at around 6-8 watts, if I go higher than that, they burn, if I go lower, they will flood. If you get gurgles, you need to take the kanger tank apart and use a qtip to clean out the juice from the air shaft, also, using a wide bore tip seams to help a lot more as well.
Thanks. i will have to check that out as well.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am not 100% sure they are genuine. I never actually did the research. But I got 2 different packs of both Kanger coils and Nautilus coils, from 2 totally different places. I specifically asked one place if they are legit or clones, and he said they are totally genuine coils. But I guess I do not know for sure.

I have no experience with Kanger but have (and really like) both the Nautilus and Nautilus mini. Mine are both confirmed genuine as are the BVC coils I use.
Performance is flawless.

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Again, in your situation; I'd just buy a set of BVC (not BDC nautilus coils) from a known legit Aspire dealer. I'm careful as hell who I buy coils from anymore; after getting burned on a few boxes

Thanks. Yeah I guess i need to be more careful as well. Sucks.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Yeah I guess i need to be more careful as well. Sucks.

Your tanks may be just fine. Like Buttkickers suggest's, Get yourself some new GENUINE Aspire BVC coils and it could be the answer. The genuine BDC coils were hit and miss and more miss than hits..

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I forgot to mention, with the Nautilus, I have tried a couple of times to gently blow into the mouthpiece, and even just doing it gently, it shoots juice out the air holes.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have problems with leaking and gurgling no matter what I use.
I've just accepted it as my fate.
protank, evod, vivi novas, iclear 30s all leak/gurgle a bit
I've decided to stop buying shit and just use what I have
oddly enough the iclear 16ds don't seem to be a problem yet

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had lots of flooding issues as well. New BVC atty and not a single flooding issue yet.
I got about 2 weeks on the first BVC coil in the mini before swapping it out, (<daily toke), Still have the original BVC in the Nautilus which I don't toke regularly.
And even if it you do get the same issue after installing a new BVC, try a second one just in case.
If it still floods I don't know what else to tell you.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had issues with kanger tanks (t3s and evod) where the air shaft (runs from the coil to your mouth) is too short. This causes the gasket between the coil and the shaft to not make a complete seal and everything floods like crazy. I never had this issue with my protank and I've never tried any of the newer kanger tanks (or aspire for that matter) but it is definitely a common cause of frustration with the plastic tanks, which makes sense when you consider how little room there is for error with that design. Not sure if this is the issue you're having, but the best solution I know of is to add a second gasket. This works in a lot of cases, but sometimes the problem is so bad it's beyond saving.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both tanks, and I've ran into those issues as well. What device are you using? Are you giving it enough power to "fire up" the tanks?

The stock coils that come with the Mega are junk - toss them aside. Which coils do you have? The one with two holes, or the one with one slit? I believe the latter is the V2, and it works better than the former.

With the Nautilus, the gaskets can come loose and will cause leakage. Make sure all the seals are tight - top and bottom ones - and just like what everyone else said, if it still persists, try the BVC coils.

Again, in your situation; I'd just buy a set of BVC (not BDC nautilus coils) from a known legit Aspire dealer. I'm careful as hell who I buy coils from anymore; after getting burned on a few boxes
I have the new aspire nautilus mini and was wondering where I can buy the coils from? That will be legit and no clones I've have trouble in the past and since having this tank I'm in love with vaping again. You seem to no your stuff so was wondering if you could point me in the right direction
Thanks

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the new aspire nautilus mini and was wondering where I can buy the coils from? That will be legit and no clones I've have trouble in the past and since having this tank I'm in love with vaping again. You seem to no your stuff so was wondering if you could point me in the right direction
Thanks
For a sure thing everytime?

http://www.aspirecigonline.com/aspire-nautilusmini-bottom-vertical-coil-bvc-5-piece-p-76.html

Personally, I'm buying direct anymore. I'd rather spend a couple extra bucks on a pack of coils, and know I'm getting authentics.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with you on spending the extra bit on them. I no alot of people who buy offline and get fakes sent to them because they won't spend that bit more on coils. Thanks for the link I'll check it out
Register on there, and scroll to the bottom of the page. In faint print, it says 'lucky draw'. Click on that, and play it up to 5 times a day for discounts

Register on there, and scroll to the bottom of the page. In faint print, it says 'lucky draw'. Click on that, and play it up to 5 times a day for discounts
Okay thankyou! I'm from the UK so I would have to have them shipped over but I've already looked at the shipping prices and its not that bad so I think I would order off the site

Juice_spitter what VG/PG e liquid are you using? I previously had problems with tanks flooding and as said above about cleaning it out also try adjusting the air flow and set it at the right volts/watts. I just don't aways have time to clean it out and will open the air flow turn it upside down fire it over a paper towel and blow FROM THE INTAKE HOLE UNTIL THERE IS JUST VAPOR COMING OUT OF THE DRIP TIP. The tanks you have are both good it just takes a little time to work with them.

I'd also check the battery. I had a Kanger that would only give about 3V with a full charge, or so my Fluke said. My backup battery only puts out about 4.1V with a full charge even though it claims to go up to 4.8V. My Tesla puts out exactly what it says with a few spot checks.

The first battery plagued me with gurgling and flooding, which is now nonexistent with my current and backup ones.

Are you dropping it or leaving it in your pocket a lot? Is it rolling around on the floor of your car or experiencing something similar? My nautilus will flood if I leave it in my pocket at work for too long (I have to move around at work A LOT). If I leave it sitting upright and it doesn't get knocked around pretty hard, I never have a problem.

Also, what airflow setting fo you have the nautilus on?

If I do these things, my nautilus works like a charm:

Clean the threads between the coil and base
clean the threads between the base and battery
clean the tube from the coil to the mouthpiecce
keep the battery charged
keep the spring and connection clean between the coil and battery
purge it with the coil openings not submerged in fluid
periodically clean everything by placing and shaking in a small bottle of vodka
using genuine coils

Hope this helps.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scanned thru the thread really quickly so forgive me if someone has already covered this...
I have 6 Aerotank Megas and have never had an issue. Sounds to me like they are being over-filled and juice is running down into the air flow stem...

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, and this pertains to the Nautilus (I don't know about the Kanger), do you clean the base portion below your coils when you refill your tanks?

And be sure to twist a paper towel, remove your drip tip, and clear out the passages. Juice can gather over your coil and under your drip tip. Clear those areas (and under your coil) every time you fill your tank.

When I forget to do that, from time to time I'll get gurgling (usually when I overfill my tank), all I do is fire it for a few seconds, inhaling at a VERY slow rate (Almost letting your mouth fill with vapor without forcing it out of your coils). A couple of times doing this generally clears things up for me.

Oh, and I'm using the new BVC heads. I had horrible gurgling issues with the BDC heads.

I love the Nautilus and its corresponding BVC heads so much that I just ordered (and received today!) another bottom assembly and mesh tank directly from Aspire! :)

EcigPens

Member For 4 Years
Legit authentic aspire coils shipped from the US

BVC Coils for NON Nautalus Tanks only $9.95 for a 5 Packhttp://www.ecigpens.com/ASPIRE-BVC-COIL-p/aspire-bvc-coil-5-pack16ohm.htm

Nautalus BVC coils only $10.95 for a 5 Packhttp://www.ecigpens.com/ASPIRE-NAUTILUS-MINI-BVC-COIL-p/aspire-nautilus-mini-bvc-pack.htm

Hi everyone
Over the past month I have started to have serious issues with 2 tanks. So much so that I actually got rid of one of them.

I purchased both a Kanger Aero Tank Mega and an Aspire Nautilus. Both of them constantly gurgle and spit juice in my mouth. I can't get them to stop. I have changed coils. I have bought brand new coils with the possibility that I was using bad coils. And nothing is making it stop. I got so tired of the Kanger that I gave it away to someone, and I am about to stop trying to get the Nautilus to work properly. Nothing I do seems to work. Adjusting the airflow, making sure the coil is tight, etc. Nothing seems to work.

The only tanks that I have that seem to work perfectly are my Innokin Iclear 30 tanks. I have three of them that I have been constantly using, because I am sick of getting juice gurgling and spitting in my mouth with the Nautilus.

Any suggestions? I am willing to try just about anything to get it to work properly, because I really do like the tank, if it would just work right

VU Sponsors