Become a Patron!

Tank recommendations...

Hi folks! So...I've been vaping for over a year now and love it. But I have been using a pretty standard setup the whole time. I have a 900mAh variable voltage battery and I'm using a Kanger Protank 2. I vape 18mg and would like to keep it that way. the PG/VP mix is either 50/50 or 75/20 depending on where I buy from.

Anyway, not sure if all that will help answer my question, but I figured I'd give as much info as possible.

I'm wondering if there's a better tank I can use that will give me a thicker vape cloud without having to buy a new battery with it. I'm interested in the Kanger Subtank, but I'm afraid I'll need a new battery, right? Or is there a tank out there that will work with my battery and give me a thicker cloud at the same time? Any help is greatly appreciated!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm enjoying the Aspire Nautilus, better vapor, bigger tank, better flavor. Will work well with your simple battery, don't need a lot of power, best from 3.7v to 4.2v. The WORST tank out of the fifteen or so I own to be honest is the Kanger Protank. Does nothing but gurgle and flood, especially if you let it sit for a day or two without using it. Not to say the Nautilus never floods, but my Protank always floods. Even the protank minis and evods are better. Maybe I just got a crappy one, I don't know, but I can barely even use it.

I'm enjoying the Aspire Nautilus, better vapor, bigger tank, better flavor. Will work well with your simple battery, don't need a lot of power, best from 3.7v to 4.2v. The WORST tank out of the fifteen or so I own to be honest is the Kanger Protank. Does nothing but gurgle and flood, especially if you let it sit for a day or two without using it. Not to say the Nautilus never floods, but my Protank always floods. Even the protank minis and evods are better. Maybe I just got a crappy one, I don't know, but I can barely even use it.

I was considering that one too, but I thought it'd be similar to the Kanger Protank. I have had the Protank flood on me a handful of times, but I am constantly vaping throughout the day. I don't let it sit for too long. So you think the Nautilus'll work with my battery? Hmmm...

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I will 2nd this.

I prefer the nautilus over the protank 2.

and to answer your other question, the subtank would require a new mod/battery.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
only reason i am selling mine is because i went with a subtank

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi folks! So...I've been vaping for over a year now and love it. But I have been using a pretty standard setup the whole time. I have a 900mAh variable voltage battery and I'm using a Kanger Protank 2. I vape 18mg and would like to keep it that way. the PG/VP mix is either 50/50 or 75/20 depending on where I buy from.

Anyway, not sure if all that will help answer my question, but I figured I'd give as much info as possible.

I'm wondering if there's a better tank I can use that will give me a thicker vape cloud without having to buy a new battery with it. I'm interested in the Kanger Subtank, but I'm afraid I'll need a new battery, right? Or is there a tank out there that will work with my battery and give me a thicker cloud at the same time? Any help is greatly appreciated!
I'm using the Atlantis, and the clouds are amazing! You will want to re-wick the coils though due to the factory wicking is some kind of ceramic, or silica crap. I do that and the flavor and clouds are top notch. I Vape max VG, no dry hits, ever! I just acquired a 7ml tank for it as well because the standard 2ml is way too small for this juice eating beast! Never leaks either....Not a single one!

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the nautilus. Great tank. But I too needed more. Moved into mods and rebuildable tanks and I couldnt be happier. I was worried at first about breaking the "sub ohm barrier" but to be honest, if you learn and do things right there is nothing to worry about. So much more vapor and satisfaction. Yes, you do need all new gear to really get into it, but it's way worth it. Not saying it's definitely the way to go for everyone, but maybe you should talk to some people and find the best route to what you want. Anyway, just an opinion, the nautilus is a quality tank.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want a big improvement without spending any money (well close to no money), buy kanthal and rebuild your protank heads.
But when you do decide to replace your tank do replace your battery since 900 mAh is a joke, and it's going to die out of old age soon anyway.

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
Your battery wont power sub ohm coils. My favorite tanks when using my VTR are in this order.
Pro Tank 2 with the added air control base.
Nautilus
IClear 30S
All of these I vape from 10 to 12 watts depending on juice.
I purchased the new XPRO M65 and the new Atlantis sub ohm tank and I am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I'm wanting a Kanger Sub, full size, myself, fer a HexOhm I expect to arrive mon., or tues., I have one tank I would'nt buy again, stoppage issues, floods, ect., and that's a Aero V2..I have an Aspire Naut., and a Atlantis, they work well for me, on my current device...the Atlantis'll kick yer ass, on this mod I'm using, it's a sub-ohm coil...emergency ONLY on this mod.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your battery wont power sub ohm coils. My favorite tanks when using my VTR are in this order.
Pro Tank 2 with the added air control base.
Nautilus
IClear 30S
All of these I vape from 10 to 12 watts depending on juice.
I purchased the new XPRO M65 and the new Atlantis sub ohm tank and I am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll second that. I love my protank 3 still. Check out the v3 airflow control valve http://www.mtbakervapor.com/accessories/kanger-airflow-control-valve-v3/ It really opens up the protank and you just have to swap the base no need for a new tank or anything.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Subtank will change your whole experience I am using the nautilus mini and nautilus that's all U need to do to change your experience or maybe grab a new mod too like the istick 20-30 grab the 30 if u ever want the subtank

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Protank 2 is a great tank. With rebuilt coils never had it to flood or Gurgle. Stock heads are not so good. Easy to rebuild with silica or cotton. Wanna get into sub vaping at a great price. Gearbest has the cloupor mini and an authentic atlantis tank for 43.00 shipped. May want to give that a try. http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_130257.html
Can't beat this price

VU Sponsors