Become a Patron!

Tank suggestions for flavour chase...?

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Currently have baby beast and big baby beast tanks and really want to get a new tank that really makes flavours shine and must also have smaller cloud production...

Despite my love for the beast tanks and related clouds want too go for something that won't look like I've set something on fire when I'm out and about this time round!

Am looking at the new Smok Spirals tank, Freemax Starre Pure and Nautilus X as potentials but not sure any of them totally fit the bill, either still too much cloud production or not amazing flavour....

Also need premade coils, not looking at opening the RTA box of tricks quiet yet.
DIY juice has already taken over my life...!!

Thanks as ever all.

Note: Apologies if this is not posted in the best spot, wasn't entirely sure.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMO the big baby is best with the .4 ohm dual coil, as an alternative I recommend the original crown tank

Sent from my Pixel XL

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have several tanks and I guess it depends on how you want to build and vape.
For mouth to lung with lower power:

Kayfun 3.1- it's a gold standard but you're looking at building around 1 ohm and running 15-16w
Aqua v2- dual coil, 26g around a 0.5 and 30w (one of my favorite flavor tanks)
Erlkoenigin- 26g, about a 0.8 and 20w

Resistive lung
Serpent mini or Cthulhu mtl:
Both of these I use the same build of a single clapton, around a 0.4 and 35-40w these two have similar vapor production and flavor to me

Kayfun v5-. Single clapton and a similar setup as above but I find the flavor to be much better and a slighter tighter draw than above.
Hurricane jr, probably the best flavor from my collection, single clapton build, at 40w and it has a very saturated wet vape

Billow3- dual clapton coil, about 50w and more of a dl vape with dense flavor.

Direct lung
Mage rta- dual clapton, 50-60w very flavorful and quite a substantial vapor production.

As of late I've been using the rdas more and more for direct lung, but still enjoy the mtl tanks from time to time

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Please read the OP post, he states he does not want to get into RTAs yet, what tanks with premade coils have the best flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh fuck... My bad.
Thank you

For the premade coils, I would either try the .4 ohm coils like fuseryder suggested
Or look at the eleafe melo 0.5ohm coils with a silobeast.

If you are looking for a true mtl experience, the aspire Nautilus mini is still one of the best out there

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Freeman starre pure is a great option. I like the spirals but it's draw is super tight. The tobecco Supertank is also an excellent choice and it accepts a shit ton of different coils.

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have several tanks and I guess it depends on how you want to build and vape.
For mouth to lung with lower power:

Kayfun 3.1- it's a gold standard but you're looking at building around 1 ohm and running 15-16w
Aqua v2- dual coil, 26g around a 0.5 and 30w (one of my favorite flavor tanks)
Erlkoenigin- 26g, about a 0.8 and 20w

Resistive lung
Serpent mini or Cthulhu mtl:
Both of these I use the same build of a single clapton, around a 0.4 and 35-40w these two have similar vapor production and flavor to me

Kayfun v5-. Single clapton and a similar setup as above but I find the flavor to be much better and a slighter tighter draw than above.
Hurricane jr, probably the best flavor from my collection, single clapton build, at 40w and it has a very saturated wet vape

Billow3- dual clapton coil, about 50w and more of a dl vape with dense flavor.

Direct lung
Mage rta- dual clapton, 50-60w very flavorful and quite a substantial vapor production.

As of late I've been using the rdas more and more for direct lung, but still enjoy the mtl tanks from time to time

Awesome info thanks so much for the in depth reply.
Despite (as another posted kindly mentioned) not entering into the world of builds yet, I am certainly going to at some point... This will be the first source of information i look to :)

Thanks again

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Freeman starre pure is a great option. I like the spirals but it's draw is super tight. The tobecco Supertank is also an excellent choice and it accepts a shit ton of different coils.
The Tobecco keeps cropping up too.... Hmm desicions desicions...

How big are the clouds on each?

I know it shouldn't be my primary concern, and in truth it's not, but it's the only thing that worries me over the starre pure... That is otherwise looking like the front runner...

Thanks all :)

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just to say, I'm very happy with direct to lung vapes, just with a little less clouds!

Ultimately though, i can totally see why building a nice little varied collection is very very appealing :)

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Tobecco keeps cropping up too.... Hmm desicions desicions...

How big are the clouds on each?

I know it shouldn't be my primary concern, and in truth it's not, but it's the only thing that worries me over the starre pure... That is otherwise looking like the front runner...

Thanks all :)

The starre pure does put out a nice flavorful cloud, but I willl say that is not necessarily a hot vape. I do enjoy the tank, however it is a cooler and dryer vape overall.

The Supertank mini is really great. I personally use the 25mm as it holds more liquid although I do have multiple of both sizes. Super easy tank to use and maintain, as well the coil possibilities are endless.

.2 ohm tobecco coil is fantastic for both clouds and flavor, wife wattage range yet I find a near perfect vape right around 66watts.
.5 ohm tobecco coil same great flavor, slightly less clouds, I normally run it around 55watts for a nice warm vape.
.3 ohm tobecco notch coil just meh for me. Not a big fan, although the flavor is good it needs to be run at a much lower wattage and I just couldn't get a satisfying vape.
CoilArt ceramic wasn't all that great.
CoilArt dual bottom vertical is good.
CCell Ceramic .9 ohm coil is great for flavor although it is a pretty restrictive draw. Great flavor and your batteries will last forever running it at 35 watts.
Aspire Claptons are excellent
Aspire Evo Claptons are even better.
Playboy Vixen coils are very nice although they are becoming increasingly difficult to find.

These are just a few of the options Ive tried to this point, and there are many others.

Check out ecig.com last time I ordered I picked up 2 more 25mm for right around $16 each.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
IMO the big baby is best with the .4 ohm dual coil, as an alternative I recommend the original crown tank

Sent from my Pixel XL

Have to agree the original uwell crown very good flavour from that tank if using pre made coils

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Grabbed myself a Smok Spirals tank as local place had an offer on them, pretty good. Good flavour but very much a MTL draw on it, a nice variation from my go to baby beast tank and worthwhile to add to the lineup :) but think I'll be checking out a crown, tobecco or starrepure when the next payday rolls around :)

VU Sponsors