Become a Patron!

Tank with cheap prebuilt coils that doesn’t leak

levander

Member For 4 Years
Any recommendations for the criteria in the title? Also, I prefer a larger tank that holds at least 4 mil

I’m using a Vaporesso ESTOC right now and it’s time to upgrade. One of my two ESTOC’s stopped and the other one I’ve got is only a 2 ml one.

I was thinking about upgrading to the VECO One Plus tank (that comes with a basic beginner mod I won’t use).

But the VECO tanks have top airflow. I remember reading awhile back that top airflow tanks don’t leak nearly as much. Any truth to that?

My ESTOC doesn’t leak much. But like I’ll fall asleep with my mod on my bed. And I end up with vape juice stains on my sheets every couple of weeks.

Interested in other tanks if they meet the criteria above.

It does look like I can get a 5 pack of VECO coils from Vaoecentric for $9 which seems like a pretty good price.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Clieto comes to mind and they have scores of coil types + rba decks so when you get tired of buying coils you can make your own. Sense tanks are good (IMO) and the coils are pretty cheap(ish).

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No tanks are leakproof.
And the larger the tank the more likely it is to leak.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Kanger Subtank or Toptank Mini works great for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanger Subtank or Toptank Mini works great for me.
Yep I use a subtank mini V2 daily with the RBA and only 2 instances of leaking in nearly 3 years of daily use.
1 was missing RBA Oring the other was my wicking issue.
However did get some dribbles when I first got them and was using factory coils.

The STM is a slightly loose MTL to a fairly tight DTL vape.
Very flavorful with the RBA.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only time I have ever had a tank leak was when I cracked the glass or a coil was loose or defective out of SMOK, Kangertech, Melo's etc. But those RTA's always leak.................

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I like the Freemax Starre Pure Tank
It is a leak proof 4ml tank that uses long lasting ceramic coils- Read up on ceramic coils and determine if you would like to use them, some think that the ceramic could be hazardous. Actually the coils aren't ceramic they are kanthal, but the coil housed in ceramic.
This is a top airflow which no leaking from the bottom, but I keep my tanks vertical- not sure if they would leak laying on its side all night?
I reuse these coils- I soak in hot water and use a qtip in the center till clean, then this must air dry, but I am using another coil when that one is spent- I clean that coil and put the other one I cleaned in the tank seems to be good for 2 or 3 cleanings
Someone here on VU is selling his with the coils for a good price on the for sale thread or eightvape has them.
https://www.eightvape.com/products/starre-pure-ceramic-tank-by-freemax?variant=25583661638
https://www.eightvape.com/products/freemax-starre-pure-replacement-coil?variant=26071015366
I get the coils from Fasttech- they are about $8.00 a pack

VU Sponsors