Become a Patron!

Tank works on one box but not the other

Hi my name is brendan, i just recently got back into vaping to quit my pack a day habit and its been going well. My friend gave me a istick 80w box and i bought an aspire celito 120 in hopes to move up into a better box which i now have a voopoo drag mini. The tank has been working fine on both boxes for about 2 weeks until today. Now it works perfectly on the voopoo but when i put it on the istick it reads atomizer short. I tried the same box with my aspire mini tank that i have for my 20w box on the 80w box and it works fine. Im confused as to why my celito 120 wont work anymore on both. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What resistance coil are you using on the clit?

0.16 ohm 100-120w Same size that came in it when i bought it and have had the whole time. Also it reads 0.18 ohms on the voopoo display. I dont know if thats bad or not... i believe it read the same on the istick before it stopped working but not positive

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
0.02 ohms off is nothing of concern

Check and make sure the coil is seated properly and the 510 of the mod isn't pushed in to far.
If the pin of the mod is squished take a flat head and pry it up. Just the pin not the entire 510 assembly.

I believe the coil is seated properly as i replaced it last night with a brand new one and made sure everything looked correct as i put it together so i wouldnt have to take it apart again until the next replacment. I have used it on both boxes since replacing last night and even earlier today. Its only been in the last few hrs that it hasnt been working on the istick. Is the pin youre referring to the little brass looking thing on the bottom if the threads that hold the tank in? I already tried putting some space there and it didnt make a difference. If i dont screw it in all the way on the istick it reads atomizer low and then when i screw it all the way in it reads atomizer short.

By pulling the pin out as far as it will go and only screwing it into the istick half way i just got it to work but it is very lose and wouldnt think i should run it this way...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you don't feel safe than it probably isn't.

Its wobbly and loose. I guess maybe i should just stick with the voopoo?

Attachments

• 12145657-DF9A-40EE-A975-D4967DF31D21.jpeg
    12145657-DF9A-40EE-A975-D4967DF31D21.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its wobbly and loose. I guess maybe i should just stick with the voopoo?
Yeah, I wouldn't use that sitting on there that way.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
By pulling the pin out as far as it will go and only screwing it into the istick half way i just got it to work but it is very lose and wouldnt think i should run it this way...
If the pin is that loose it's not safe. The 510 pin on the iStick is spring loaded. My guess is that the spring isn't pushing the pin up properly, sticking or worn? Do you have another tank to try on it?

When I was new to vaping I experienced the same warning message on one of my mods and the spring for the 510 needed to be replaced

I believe the istick is at least 2/3 years old as its pretty beat up and was given to me for free by a friend like a year ago who got it for free from their friend a few years ago. This is the same tank on my new voopoo which i love aside from the battery life (half a day on 100w) but i guess thats to be expected from built in batteries and me vaping like a train lol i appreciate the help and quick responses. Thanks!

Attachments

• E816B307-8594-4694-ACB7-C79A86614032.jpeg
    E816B307-8594-4694-ACB7-C79A86614032.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
I did try my aspire triton mini that i have for my 20w istick that i run on 16w on the 80w istick turned down to 16w and on my voopoo turned down to 16w it worked fine on all of them but i just like the big tank better for flavor and more vapor

My 3 boxes and 2 tanks. 80w thats giving me trouble with the cleito120 is on the right

Attachments

• B6A2D660-6013-4489-98E5-699523A1AA46.jpeg
    B6A2D660-6013-4489-98E5-699523A1AA46.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would say save the istick as a backup with that tank or dispose of it.

Its served you well and been a great companion... but it looks like its time to move on.

VU Sponsors