Become a Patron!

Tanks = Clouds?

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently started out vaping and went with an unregulated box mod and RDA. I like it for at home, but want a tank for when going out. I'm looking at the sigelei plus regulated box. And I'm looking for a great quality tank that will produce a lot of dense vapor, if thats possible from a tank style setup. This would be my first setup of this kind, so any info is helpful.

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out right now I like the Goblin. Not for a beginner though as its finicky to build and wick properly. But when its working right its really good. Lemo drop is easy to build on, though the Lemo V2 looks to be even better.

Kanger subtank mini may be another option. Really easy to build the RBA section and easy to fill.

I have the sig plus as well and the wattage is overkill for a tank, but the battery life is great.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far the Arctic is the best tank I've vaped yet...at 65w with the supplied 2 ohm coil it produces clouds as dense as some of my RDA's... I like it on my IPV3, especially driving...
c81e3e458a47b661e2baa7c5d9e77a5b.jpg

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the Aspire Atlantis over rated, or a decent one?

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently started out vaping and went with an unregulated box mod and RDA. I like it for at home, but want a tank for when going out. I'm looking at the sigelei plus regulated box. And I'm looking for a great quality tank that will produce a lot of dense vapor, if thats possible from a tank style setup. This would be my first setup of this kind, so any info is helpful.
If you have been vapin subohm .7 or less and you want clouds I would recomend the maganus/starre tank. 5ml tank tons of airflow

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far the Arctic is the best tank I've vaped yet...at 65w with the supplied 2 ohm coil it produces clouds as dense as some of my RDA's... I like it on my IPV3, especially driving...
c81e3e458a47b661e2baa7c5d9e77a5b.jpg

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk
I'm actually looking at this box instead since it handles down to .1 ohms

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The starre and the arctic both you have to buy the coils. I would say either one will be an excellent choice and would be an upgrade from the atlantis. I prefer the starre only because it has a bigger tank. 5ml vs 3ml. For flavor and vapor, both tank are impressive. The arctic comes with a pre built 0.2 ohm dual coil and a 0.5 ohm single coil. The starre comes with 2 pre built 0.25 dual coil and an extra tank.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm actually looking at this box instead since it handles down to .1 ohms
Its a good box mod...I own two and they indeed fire down to .1 ohm...With 150w/8.4v available they fire both tanks and RDA's with equal enthusiasm... Just great! Lol

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Dr. Vapin head over to the SUBTANK WARS thread; plenty of discussion on the various subtanks out there. Based on the description of what you want, I would go with the Arctic or Freemax Starre. Both of those so far seem to be at the top of the subtank mountain, but id be biased to say get the Arctic since I own one and havent put it down. Dense, flavorful vaping that cant be beat right now. Be careful getting into that game though, you may end up chasing your tail like some of us have trying to find that "best" tank. Alot more good ones are just coming on the horizon.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would not recommend the Atlantis. I just don't find it to be a great vape. The only other sub tank I can compare it to are the sub tanks both nano and original. I like the sub tank much better than the atlantis, denser vape. Just my opinion though. I am really looking to try the Arctic.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would not recommend the Atlantis. I just don't find it to be a great vape. The only other sub tank I can compare it to are the sub tanks both nano and original. I like the sub tank much better than the atlantis, denser vape. Just my opinion though. I am really looking to try the Arctic.
I agree...I have the Atlantis with the new cotton coils and flavor really improved vaping it around 40-42w on my IPV3....
However for clouds I really like my two Arctic tanks with the .2 ohm BTDC coils.
I vape them around 65w with VG max for impressive clouds, almost like dripping on a RDA....

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Dr. Vapin head over to the SUBTANK WARS thread; plenty of discussion on the various subtanks out there. Based on the description of what you want, I would go with the Arctic or Freemax Starre. Both of those so far seem to be at the top of the subtank mountain, but id be biased to say get the Arctic since I own one and havent put it down. Dense, flavorful vaping that cant be beat right now. Be careful getting into that game though, you may end up chasing your tail like some of us have trying to find that "best" tank. Alot more good ones are just coming on the horizon.
Well put, thx for the info. I'm gonna check out that thread.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might add I like the Arctic with the .2 ohm coil on my 18650 XXIX seen here...Had to modify the 510 pin on it to make it protrude for the hybrid top cap..
(took all of 15 min)
At 3.7v is close to what I run it at on the IPV3, about 65w or so..
But it blows huge clouds on the mech, and I don't have to drip..very portable too!
0035a91b4bb7752206b799ccb2bb062a.jpg

Last edited:

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I might add I like the Arctic with the .2 ohm coil on my 18650 XXIX seen here...Had to modify the 510 pin on it to make it protrude for the hybrid top cap..
(took all of 15 min)
At 3.7v is close to what I run it at on the IPV3, about 65w or so..
But it blows huge clouds on the mech, and I don't have to drip..very portable too!
0035a91b4bb7752206b799ccb2bb062a.jpg

Best of both worlds as far as big clouds and no drippin. Real nice setups ya got there.

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer a low nicotine & high VG juice. What's best for these sub ohm tanks? I've read about some juices ruining tanks and what not.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer a low nicotine & high VG juice. What's best for these sub ohm tanks? I've read about some juices ruining tanks and what not.
Well most sub tanks I know use glass so you can vape any juice you like without fear of ruining it... I too like VG max or 100% VG with 3-6mgs of nicotine....6 mgs in my subtanks and 3mgs dripping using a RDA...Certain juices can crack a plastic type tank but you should have no worries if your tanks are indeed glass...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape my subtank with the 1.2. And get some decent clouds. Its super airy. But I use 18mg!!! I hit it a few times, and I am done for an hour...
Can you post a cloud or two blown on the 1.2 ohm coil? If it looks decent enough I may get one to use on a provari that's been sitting for a long time.. Lol

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suck at this. But this gives you an idea. It does lend itself to lung hits. But I usually do mouth to lung. and I use 18mg, so yea im dizzy now. LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-31-10-44-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-31-10-44-52.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2015-03-31-10-43-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-31-10-43-59.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

VU Sponsors