Become a Patron!

Taste & Cloud

smawg2017

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got me a Eleaf Istick 30W. I like the cloud it gives & the power, BUT I am not tasting my juice like I do with other vapers. I use Tsunami Premium Gourmet 70/30 juice. what is the best coil to use for this? I am pretty sure I have a sub ohm coil .08 in here now, I tried turning the volts up & watts but then I get a burnt taste, yukkk, also I do not want to go building coils. I rather buy what I need for taste & still get a decent cloud.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
any clapton coil will work. Start at low power and work your way up. Are you sure you don't have a 0.80 ohm coil? I think you might. LOL.. try a 0.50 ohm. IF the istick 30 will fire a 0.5 ohm coil. Either way, clapton will give pretty decent flavor.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just got me a Eleaf Istick 30W. I like the cloud it gives & the power, BUT I am not tasting my juice like I do with other vapers. I use Tsunami Premium Gourmet 70/30 juice. what is the best coil to use for this? I am pretty sure I have a sub ohm coil .08 in here now, I tried turning the volts up & watts but then I get a burnt taste, yukkk, also I do not want to go building coils. I rather buy what I need for taste & still get a decent cloud.
What @gbalkam said.
That is rated for coils from .4 to 5ohm so anything lower than .4ohms will not fire. You can get some pre made coils from most online venders like Myvaporstore for example. Get yourself some pre made claptons and you should get some good flavor.

What tank or rda are you using?

smawg2017

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
any clapton coil will work. Start at low power and work your way up. Are you sure you don't have a 0.80 ohm coil? I think you might. LOL.. try a 0.50 ohm. IF the istick 30 will fire a 0.5 ohm coil. Either way, clapton will give pretty decent flavor.

Yes sorry about that, I was using a 0.80, the ileaf states Rated resistance range: 0.40-50, but the coil I have in now is a 1.0 sorry about that too, Mine looks different then a clapton coil, Can I put one of those into this vaper? I`m going to take a few pics of what I have. I have not tried the 0.5 ohm yet, I have to go buy one, will those look like the coils I have in now? or will they look like the claptons? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 6

smawg2017

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What @gbalkam said.
That is rated for coils from .4 to 5ohm so anything lower than .4ohms will not fire. You can get some pre made coils from most online venders like Myvaporstore for example. Get yourself some pre made claptons and you should get some good flavor.

What tank or rda are you using?
What ever this is :) Thanks for your reply

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 6

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks like an outdated Kanger coil/tank, try getting a newer type tank, the Eleaf GS tank is a good match to the mod you have.

smawg2017

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That looks like an outdated Kanger coil/tank, try getting a newer type tank, the Eleaf GS tank is a good match to the mod you have.
I went to a vape shop a couple hours ago & the guy told me this ijust2 tank would be a good one since I wanted to taste the juice more & to still have a good cloud, well since I had it i do not even get the cloud I was getting with the other tank & coil that I was using, But I can tell a slim difference in taste but not that much, & I know this juice is really good for I tasted it before in the first vaper I had. So now what do I need to do go buy another coil?
and the dumb silicone ring that comes with it for the air flow, ugh inconvenience totally. Hw said I can now go all the way up to the 30 watt since I got this new tank, but when I did I took 2 hits & it got hotttttt, is that normal, & I do not hit it like you would a REMOVED, I smoke the vape as I would hit a cigarette. I asked about the clayton coil and he said I have to order those online, that they don't stock them anymore & its obsolete or something

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well a couple things, Yes maybe try some different coils, or look into another tank type, like a nautilus or a subtank.
Also we have to watch drug references here as they are not allowed.

smawg2017

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was wondering why that said REMOVED lol sorry about that.
I had a Kangertech evod mega1900 mah Is that a sub tank that it comes with? I loved the evod mega all I wanted was to find a coil that gave me cloud & that would let the flavor of the juice be tasted, instead of me inhaling & tasting something else. I don't like 50/50 juice because of the chest hit, I don't like the chest hit. I like the 70/30 because i get a smoother hit and more of a cloud. what number coil should I get?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coils should match the wattage preferred, so on your evod if you still have it handy, look on the coil at what the coils say wattage is, most have that right on the coil itself. Good luck!!:wave:

VU Sponsors