Become a Patron!

Tasty Puff Rasta Rootbeer cloudy in high VG.

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
Hi,

Wondering if anyone else encountered this problem.
It mixes well in a 50/50 base, liquid looks normal and it is transparent.
However, using the same USP PG and VG in a 70 VG mix, it is cloudy, milky and opaque, nearly white even a week after mixing.
Tried adding 1% DW after a mix and no change.
I wonder if there is a solution to this besides mixing a 50/50 eliquid with it.

On another note, I am happy to say that I finally found the cotton candy flavoring that I was looking for from the beginning and its Flavorah Cotton Candy. It tastes like pink cotton candy melting on your tongue. It has the distinct taste and smell of what I remember pink cotton candy tasting like. Happy to find it after trying about fifteen different ones and finding myself with somekind of ethyl maltol solution in nearly every case.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
what % are you using the cotton candy? I bought it awhile back but haven't tried it yet.

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
I received the Cotton Candy flavoring this week, so I did not get a chance to mix with it yet.
The taste test was done by tasting one small drop of the flavoring from the back of my hand. I just know it will be a winner.

Here are some notes I took:
1.25-1.5% Cotton Candy FLV.
Spot on cotton candy at 3% SnV.

And from SmokeyBlues site:
will say I have used cotton candy from .04 grams in 30ml all the way up to .18 grams in 30ml. This flavor does have a chem limit, but it is up to you to find your stopping points.

Think that I will start at 1.5% or lower.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I received the Cotton Candy flavoring this week, so I did not get a chance to mix with it yet.
The taste test was done by tasting one small drop of the flavoring from the back of my hand. I just know it will be a winner.

Here are some notes I took:
1.25-1.5% Cotton Candy FLV.
Spot on cotton candy at 3% SnV.

And from SmokeyBlues site:
will say I have used cotton candy from .04 grams in 30ml all the way up to .18 grams in 30ml. This flavor does have a chem limit, but it is up to you to find your stopping points.

Think that I will start at 1.5% or lower.

I need to update my site notes.. for FLV Marshmallow, I find using it as a body filler or as a sweetener, you want to keep that going from .14% (sweetener) to .40% (body filler/fluff). I have over 5 yrs of notes to add on to the site.. and very limited time. I am sorry @FrostyMtl for being so late to reply..

Also, if you like the marshmallow, you will really dig that root beer flv has.. my suggested use for it as a main flavor is .80% to 1.20%
Add in some flv cream (.40%) and some flv whipped cream at .80% and let it sit overnight.. better yet after 3 days.. it is one of my repeat vapes.. I still after 8 yrs have no all day vape.. go me.. lol.. :) but hope this helps a bit..

1% root beer
.20% marshmallow
.40% cream
.80% whipped cream

I find when you flavor push flv.. it tends to mute weeks after, or you can add a certain bit and it will chemtrail, or loose flavor notes from top, middle bottom, or side notes.. keep testing them, using 1 drop in 10ml and progress to where you can taste it.. most only need an average 3-5 drops in 10ml and to be precise (I use scales) 1 drop = .02g and 2 drops = .07% using 50 drops per 1ml.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
Thank you @Smoky Blue for sharing your Flavorah mixing knowledge.
However, I would love to know what you think of their Cotton Candy!

Thanks @HeadInClouds for the info and the link about the “Ouzo effect”.
It is surely the same effect that makes Pastis cloudy when mixed with water.

I will now have this information handy to explain why this eLiquid looks like a bottle of semen and will either have to accept this, or try out the Flavorah Rootbeer recipe.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you @Smoky Blue for sharing your Flavorah mixing knowledge.
However, I would love to know what you think of their Cotton Candy!

Thanks @HeadInClouds for the info and the link about the “Ouzo effect”.
It is surely the same effect that makes Pastis cloudy when mixed with water.

I will now have this information handy to explain why this eLiquid looks like a bottle of semen and will either have to accept this, or try out the Flavorah Rootbeer recipe.

FLV Cotton Candy... depending on how you are doing this.. for my all flv recipes, I get 50 drops per ml..

I have played with the Cotton Candy so much, I really enjoy it.. 5 drops or .10 grams in a 10ml bottle will give you that true fresh from the fair cotton candy.. I like to add in 2 drops (.04g) of smooth vanilla for cotton candy lickable lips.. gives a good added sweetness to me for a solo flavor.. but it isn't needed. Just a nice twist for it, as its what I find lacking.. other than that, its beautiful and I do keep a 4oz bottle on hand. It's a good sweetener, light smooth, no harshness. Why do I use so little? You don't need much with flv flavors.

If I was to add it to the recipe I posted above, I'd drop the use of cotton candy down to .2-.4% as I'd want it higher than the marshmallow, to impart a mellow sweet. The root beer on the other hand is well worth your time and effort to play with. You won't get any cloudiness, and it is a true root beer. Reminds me of the root beers I can pick up at my local farmer's market. ;) a bit stronger than the store boughts..

wow I do not have any of my beer recipes up on elr.. o_O

Fixed: Smoky Blue's Frosty Root Beer

Last edited:

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
@Smoky Blue, I think that I have a teenage crush on you even if I am near the age of 50. I must be immature and irresponsible.

Thank you for the mixing advice with the Cotton Candy, I cannot wait to mix it!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue, I think that I have a teenage crush on you even if I am near the age of 50. I must be immature and irresponsible.

Thank you for the mixing advice with the Cotton Candy, I cannot wait to mix it!

Awww.. now you have me all pink and giggling! ^_^

another bit with the cc... if you want a fair ground approach try this

.4% Cotton Candy
.07% Alpine Strawberry
.20% Blueberry**
.20% Whipped cream
.14% Red Raspberry

Let it sit for a week, and shake occasionally.. :bunny:
I might be a tiny bit low on the blueberry, but rather be low than overpower everything else.. Cotton Candy is light tasting, its not an in your face blow me down with a shi-toon of sweetened bits.. altho that too would be good ^_^

If you do try these out, let me know what you think.. I love feedback! No matter good or bad.. ;)

VU Sponsors