Become a Patron!

Tc and vw on ss316

slim95x

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, ive just made some ss slaptons and threw them on my RDA, so while im waiting for my juice to come from the shop, i was wondering, what are your thoughts on TC vs VW? Can you still get massive clouds with TC and say, like 70/30 mix? Any downsides with TC as opposed to VW? Any input will be appreciated. Havent tried TC yet, so im curious on what you guys think.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see why you couldn't get clouds with tc so long as the temp is high enough on a cloud chasing build. I like tc when it works properly because it's a consistent vape, especially when taking longer pulls. No having to suck up the room and try to hit it and cool the coils before it turns into a scorched vape. Really about personal preference though, some people like tc, others like vw. If you're running ss316 it's capable of running either way so I'd say give it a shot both ways and see which you prefer personally.

Many will say one is better than the other but it's just personal preference like coke vs pepsi. If 10 people say coke is awesome and you like pepsi, you like pepsi. They're not wrong for liking coke and you're not wrong for liking pepsi or vice versa.

slim95x

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't see why you couldn't get clouds with tc so long as the temp is high enough on a cloud chasing build. I like tc when it works properly because it's a consistent vape, especially when taking longer pulls. No having to suck up the room and try to hit it and cool the coils before it turns into a scorched vape. Really about personal preference though, some people like tc, others like vw. If you're running ss316 it's capable of running either way so I'd say give it a shot both ways and see which you prefer personally.

Many will say one is better than the other but it's just personal preference like coke vs pepsi. If 10 people say coke is awesome and you like pepsi, you like pepsi. They're not wrong for liking coke and you're not wrong for liking pepsi or vice versa.
Thanks a lot! Still waiting for my juice tho, online shopping sucks. :headbang::giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clapton styled coils are often a bit more problematic on many mods in TC.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean by problematic?
Does not work properly. Of course some mods handle any SS tc kinda poorly.
If ya want clouds then VW is the way I would go.
I have used SS316 round wire builds in both TC and VW. Started with TC and now have moved to VW.
Some of my mods handled the SSTC p[oorly. Wavery power and such issues.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I can say is try it both ways and see what YOU like best.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, i'll try it both ways. Im pleased with VW and how it performs, just curious to try out TC.
I used it for a while when I first started squonking to avoid dry hits from forgetting to squonk.
But now that I am squonk trained I use power mode.

slim95x

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used it for a while when I first started squonking to avoid dry hits from forgetting to squonk.
But now that I am squonk trained I use power mode.
I have a RDTA, so dry hits are not an issue, haven't had any with it, not even once. Im actually really happy with it :giggle:. At first it tasted pretty bad, and i thought the tank is shitty, but then i realised that my wicking skills are shitty :giggle:. Now it works like a charm.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a RDTA, so dry hits are not an issue, haven't had any with it, not even once. Im actually really happy with it :giggle:. At first it tasted pretty bad, and i thought the tank is shitty, but then i realised that my wicking skills are shitty :giggle:. Now it works like a charm.

wicking, coil build, coil placement, air flow...
Lots of variables in vaping.

Main thing is to find what works best for YOU.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like with regular Wattage Mode the balance of Power and Air makes the vape what it is. With TC I find the perfect amount of wattage and temperature is critical to me reaching the sweet spot. It isn't so much maxing out the wattage and setting the temperature but more of properly heating the coil to not hit temperature protect too fast. Just how I use TC and I only use SS316L for TC because I haven't had the best experience with other metals.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I tried both, using multiple devices as well as lots of different ss coils, from simple single round and flat wire to Clapton, fused Clapton, staggered, staggered and fused, juggernauts, you name it. Would run them mainly in power aka watt mode, because most of my mods would not regulate tc correctly, giving me all kind of nightmares. However in power mode, I'll noticed that it was difficult to get the right setting, even just an increase of 1 watt would result in either being to cold/hot, dry hits, burned cotton, wrong juice flavors etc.

Now I'm not trying to promote a specific brand, but it wasn't till I picked up my hohm wrecker g2. I now do not use any tanks/coils/rebuilt able in power mode anymore. Everything runs in tc, including wires not meant for tc, and I love it. Not only can I pick different ss modes, I absolutely fell in love with the xxx mode. I wish somebody would have sold me that mod as I started out, I would have never bought all the smok, sigelei, joyetech etc mods that are horrible with their 2 maybe 3 ss presets and couple TCR possibilities.

Anyways all I'm saying is, the mod matters when it comes to tc, and the experience. Just try urs and see what you enjoy best, mods/tanks/coils/rebuilt able/watt/tc mode/regulated or unregulated is just like ejuices and flavor, it differs with each person.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have SS316 clapton wire and I use TC exclusively and get great flavor and vapor, depending on the atty & build. I have a couple Kayfun 5s that don't chuck huge clouds but have absolutely amazing flavor at about 430F. My Griffin, I use the same size coils but two of them, naturally. I run that at around 500F+, need the higher temps because of the higher airflow. Great flavor and HUGE clouds.

At the end of the day, find a config that YOU like. It's all subjective. The one thing I will say about TC, some attys don't do temp control well because of the design; kayfuns prior to the mini V3 and V5 did not have a stable experience in TC because of how the 510 pin connected to the post on the build deck. But it seems most tanks that have come out in the past year or so all are designed to give a good connection, I believe that is in response to the increasing popularity of temp control.

VU Sponsors