Become a Patron!

TC Mod thats not too pricey but gets the job done.

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking for a new mod to go with my coil building projects. Im currently only vaping in TC as i personally feel i get better flavour from it and i can get a good temperature that i like with my vape. Ive been looking at loads of these forums over the past couple of days trying to see whats recommended and everything is top of the range (£100/$150) Is there anything thats a real hit with the community thats going to cost me around £50/$70?

ellnic

Member For 4 Years
Smok Alien. :)

To elaborate: Compact, Dual 18650, decent TC for the price, tons of wraps and silicone available for cheap (if you're into covering your mods). Seems very highly rated here. I'm using mine at the moment with a Kanthal coil (Q4 in the TFV8) but I know others here have said Smok's TC implementation is pretty good for the money. DJLsb also said he thought it was a great product for the price. Smok are also about to release a quad 18650 for about £60 if you get from FT or similar Chinese site. Obviously it's a bit over budget but might be worth a look if you like the quad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looking for a new mod to go with my coil building projects. Im currently only vaping in TC as i personally feel i get better flavour from it and i can get a good temperature that i like with my vape. Ive been looking at loads of these forums over the past couple of days trying to see whats recommended and everything is top of the range (£100/$150) Is there anything thats a real hit with the community thats going to cost me around £50/$70?

Hey welcome to VU. If you just vape in TC and are looking for an affordable mod that does a great job with TC I would highly recommend a mod with and FSK Board. Either a G2 or a Slice. That mod will TC anything and fire anything. Next check out a mod with a Yihi board. If price is not an issue the DNA does a fantastic job with TC as well.

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey welcome to VU. If you just vape in TC and are looking for an affordable mod that does a great job with TC I would highly recommend a mod with and FSK Board. Either a G2 or a Slice. That mod will TC anything and fire anything. Next check out a mod with a Yihi board. If price is not an issue the DNA does a fantastic job with TC as well.

Thanks Deuces, Ive looked at the Hohm Slice, But im struggling to find a seller that can get it to me in the UK. They dont have any on FT (that i can find) and it looks like a really nice mod.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Deuces, Ive looked at the Hohm Slice, But im struggling to find a seller that can get it to me in the UK. They dont have any on FT (that i can find) and it looks like a really nice mod.
I know they have a distributor in Germany if that helps. It's listed on the bottom of their website.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know they have a distributor in Germany if that helps. It's listed on the bottom of their website.

Will have a look when i get home. Work have blocked their website for some reason! Thanks for the advice thought, i appreciate it! :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You could potentially find a DNA 200 for around that price. I've seen them cheaper before. If you're not going to Vape higher than say 50 watts, you could look into a DNA 75. And the G2 is nice as well. I think Evolv handles TC the best, but the G2 is damn close, it's really subjective. Getting these prices to the UK may be problematic though.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
this^ if 100 watts is enough for you get a slice
If you need more then that get a G2

Right now in the US a slice SE is 30 bucks, Slice LE is 60 and G2 is 65 so i'm sure you;ll find one in your price range

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could potentially find a DNA 200 for around that price. I've seen them cheaper before. If you're not going to Vape higher than say 50 watts, you could look into a DNA 75. And the G2 is nice as well. I think Evolv handles TC the best, but the G2 is damn close, it's really subjective. Getting these prices to the UK may be problematic though.
Ive been looking at DNA mods most of the day and you will struggle to get one for less than £80 anywhere in the UK. They are just so damn pricey. @Deucesjack mentioned the Yihi boards? I have no clue about this stuff. Can anyone enlighten?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I wouldn't bother with the DNA 75. it's not that good of a chip at all. If he's gonna go the DNA route he should get a 200 or 250 device. Cheapest I seen them is around 80-90 bucks for the VT133 or VT167

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ive been looking at DNA mods most of the day and you will struggle to get one for less than £80 anywhere in the UK. They are just so damn pricey. @Deucesjack mentioned the Yihi boards? I have no clue about this stuff. Can anyone enlighten?
YiHi are super expensive so don't bother looking TBH. really nice mods but 300+ dollars for the newer ones. even the older ones sit around 150-200 bucks still

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wouldn't bother with the DNA 75. it's not that good of a chip at all. If he's gonna go the DNA route he should get a 200 or 250 device. Cheapest I seen them is around 80-90 bucks for the VT133 or VT167
Totally agree with that. Stay away from the DNA 75. As far as Yihi goes, you can pick up and IPV5 cheap. Its an older board but it does the job. The new Yihi stuff is better but on the expensive side. The Q Class, Q Class Mini, and G Class look fantastic an are getting great reviews. I'd stay away from the Ipv6 and Ipv8 as they seem to be a bit quirky. Wismec stuff also does a fine job with TC. Unfortunately, in almost every mod they make they use subpar wiring and shitty 510's.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, the DNA 75 is not as good. I shouldn't have recommended it. I feel like single battery mods don't cut it as a primary device. That depends on you though. I think evolvs DNA 200 and 250 have such an efficiency since they don't need to boost power at all. Input voltage is always going to be within your batteries charge. They're great chips, I wish I knew of a sale for ya.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right now this is my favorite single battery mod. I absolutely love it and I can't put it down. TC is on point as well.
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/299614/

63ff8f5c9fd9478f5c47b932b596b7c1.jpg

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yihi basically makes two classes of boards. The premium (top of their line boards) they put in their SX Mini Line (350, 450, and 550 boards) and a line they sell to other manufacturers like P4Y. Personally, I think their top of the line boards are quite good (they are also very expensive), the other boards as of late have had issues (not sure if it's the boards themselves or the mods surrounding them).

The best price I could find on DNA mods I like atm (since you are in the UK) is at Gearbest. They have the Therion 166 (DNA250) for $118 and change and the Think Vape Finder 167 (DNA250) for $111 and change (both USD). Good luck on whatever you decide. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really expected someone to start mentioning the Smoant Battlestar by now.
Maybe tests are showing something I'm missing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I really expected someone to start mentioning the Smoant Battlestar by now.
Maybe tests are showing something I'm missing.
it doesn't compare to the G2, but so far I'm pretty dam impressed with it. I'd put it ahead of smok, ijoy, wismec, etc. but still it's not G2 or DNA level.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it doesn't compare to the G2, but so far I'm pretty dam impressed with it. I'd put it ahead of smok, ijoy, wismec, etc. but still it's not G2 or DNA level.
Does it do well in tc? The great thing about it for the op, it's cheap, well built and he can get it from China with free shipping to Germany.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Does it do well in tc? The great thing about it for the op, it's cheap, well built and he can get it from China with free shipping to Germany.

It does in SS mode which is all I use as far as TC wire goes. I won't test with Ni or Ti as I use none.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It does in SS mode which is all I use as far as TC wire goes. I won't test with Ni or Ti as I use none.

I've used it in Ni, SS, NiCr, Kanthal mode. It tc's all of them. Awesome board.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've used it in Ni, SS, NiCr, Kanthal mode. It tc's all of them. Awesome board.

-William Cowper
I was talking about three Battlestar;)
But if Battlestar did kenthal that would be impressive lmao

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My istick 100w tc's been holding up decent (aside from the paint). Runs around $30 and does tc pretty well. Maybe not as good as some like dna mods but better than others that cost a fair bit more (sig/fuchai). My first one the fire button board gave out but the second one's been solid for around 6mo.

Just slightly bigger than a smok alien, single or dual 18650, all metal. No real major complaints when djlsb vapes reviewed it and he's pretty in depth and picky about putting tc and things like balanced charging through their paces. Places like fasttech have silicone sleeves for it similar to the alien and others. I vape it mostly in tc with ss316L coils and the tcr adjusted in the memory setting rather than the factory 'ss mode'.

It may come down to mod size/shape, battery count/size etc as to what to consider. The hohmtech slice is a single 26650, the alien is a dual 18650, the istick is a single/dual 18650, the battlestar is a dual 18650 though it's shaped more like an rx 2/3. Haven't used the battlestar or held it personally, looks like it may be a bit fat for pocketing but I could be wrong.

If going 2x 18650 I'd prefer a thinner mod with a more standard layout like the alien but that's just personal preference and ergonomics rather than anything to do with mod capability or quality. Much the same reason I wouldn't bother with a 3 or 4 cell 18650 mod, just too damn big for my liking. Doesn't mean people who enjoy the bigger mods are wrong just a matter of differing personal preference and something to consider.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was talking about three Battlestar;)
But if Battlestar did kenthal that would be impressive lmao

Damn, I was all excited. I was gonna order the Battlestar for kanthal tc. I couldn't put myself up to getting the hohm wrecker as it's well…….. fugly.

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i can get the smoant battlestar for pretty cheap and seen that Riptrippers is using it in pretty much all of his reviews of late (not saying he is the oracle by all means) i like the look of it and it looks smart with the RTAs ive been looking at too.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always been into TC for a while now. Have my SMY DNA75. I liked it at first but I honestly can't stand single battery mods anymore. Just too much battery sag for me. I always use LG, Sammy and Sony. I have used other mods for TC but they just don't cut it Imo. The accuracy of DNA for TC is perfect. Just picked up the Therion DNA166 two days ago and it's amazing. Yes you pay the premium but damn it's worth it IMO.

Jates12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered a smoant battlestart and Exo RTA from FT for 67 dollars. Hope its everything im after!

VU Sponsors