Become a Patron!

TC on Wismec RX200S

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys! As many of you have already found out, I'm quite a fan of Kanthal and NiChrome TC setups on my Hohm Slice. So I thought I'd try NiChrome TC on my RX200S. A quick Google search says I would first need to lock resistance, otherwise this mod tends to switch back to power mode by itself. I made a set of 4 triple-core 26g NiChrome claptons with 40g SS wrap, and I'm running at around .38 ohms, and these are fresh coils, save waiting about 5 hours to give the coils time to cool after pulsing.

The manual says that to lock resistance, I would need to hold the fire button and up button for about 5 seconds with the power turned on and the atomizer attached, and a little padlock icon is supposed to appear next to the resistance readout. However, when I try this, nothing happens. The screen just sits there as though the mod is completely idle. No padlock, just the little ohm symbol next to the resistance readout. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, so would someone please tell me what I've missed? Or is TC really this dodgy on the RX200S?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First, make sure you are in TC mode. (In VW mode locking resistance is not possible.)

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait your using NI200??? Wire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiChrome 80, 26 gauge. I think it can do NiChrome in TC, right? There's a setting for it.

First, make sure you are in TC mode. (In VW mode locking resistance is not possible.)

Still won't work. Let me wrap some new coils. These have about had it anyway. Then I'll try locking the res while they're still cold. I set the TCR to around 625 since NiChrome needs to be between 600 and 700, according to the manual.

Last edited:

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, looks like I made a mispurchase. I bought these just so I could fire in TC mode. My Hohm Slice spoiled me, LOL! Eh, no big deal it's still all gonna get used. I just prefer TC over Watts mode because it seems to me that the juice gets more mellow and I get fewer throat assaults from Satan. :D

Incidentally, is Ni200 pure nickel or something?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors