Become a Patron!

TC problem with Vaporesso Tarot

Hello All,

I'm having some trouble with my Vaporesso Tarot in TC mode with SS coils. I'm running a Avocodo 24 dual coil 316L build at 0.3 ohm. In wattage mode I'm getting nice performance at 37-40 watts. However, in SS TC mode, it takes 3-5 seconds to ramp up temp to get any vapor and even then it doesn't work that well.

I'm sure its a mod thing as I have a Vaporesso Target Pro, and in TC mode at 350F the same rig vapes perfectly. Also, I have a Triton Aspire II rocking the Vaporesso SS 0.5 ohm ceramic coils that works great on the Target Pro in TC mode but doesn't work well at all on the Tarot.

I'm kind of bummed that the Tarot is misbehaving as I absolutely love my Target Pro and wanted to love the Tarot just as much (in fact, I bought the Tarot because its a Vaporesso mod and I loved my Target so much). I'm hoping that I'm missing something and there is an easy fix.

Any thoughts?

Dave

Crank up the watts in tc mode. In tc mode watts affects the ramp up time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Hi Deuce. I tried cranking up the temp to 600 F, and I'm still having the same issue. The Avocodo is a ginny-style tank, so I can take the top off an observe the coils while I fire. Even on max settings, the coils aren't ramping up. I also observe the wattage on the display while I hold the fire button to fluctuate wildly between single-digit wattage up to 50W , but doesn't hold for more than a fraction of a second at any given wattage. Perhaps this is just how TC works, but the mod isn't feeding the coils power like it should regardless ... :(

So I think I figured out a solution and wanted to post it in case I'm not the only one who runs into this issue. The connector on the mod is of the springy variety, and I used a probe to clean the connector work it up and down several times. Now the mod fires the tank reasonably well in TC mode. At 430 F I'm getting really nice, tasty vapor. The Target Pro works about the same at 400 F, but the Tarot is usable now. Hopefully this is a permanent fix. Cheers!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Deuce. I tried cranking up the temp to 600 F, and I'm still having the same issue. The Avocodo is a ginny-style tank, so I can take the top off an observe the coils while I fire. Even on max settings, the coils aren't ramping up. I also observe the wattage on the display while I hold the fire button to fluctuate wildly between single-digit wattage up to 50W , but doesn't hold for more than a fraction of a second at any given wattage. Perhaps this is just how TC works, but the mod isn't feeding the coils power like it should regardless ... :(
Cranking up the temp is not going to decrease the ramp up time in tc mode. You need to adjust the wattage up to the get the coil to ramp up quickly. Once it hits the desired temp the chip will pulse the coil so it does not surpass said temp. I don't have a tarrot. Does it not allow you to increase the wattage in tc mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can adjust the watts in TC. The numbers that are fluctuating while being fired is the mod applying and backing off wattage to limit your temperature.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can adjust the watts in TC. The numbers that are fluctuating while being fired is the mod applying and backing off wattage to limit your temperature.
This is correct, or at least the instruction manual doesn't mention it and I haven't found a way in my fiddling. You have to be in wattage mode to change the wattage from what I gather.

Hello All,

I'm having some trouble with my Vaporesso Tarot in TC mode with SS coils. I'm running a Avocodo 24 dual coil 316L build at 0.3 ohm. In wattage mode I'm getting nice performance at 37-40 watts. However, in SS TC mode, it takes 3-5 seconds to ramp up temp to get any vapor and even then it doesn't work that well.

I'm sure its a mod thing as I have a Vaporesso Target Pro, and in TC mode at 350F the same rig vapes perfectly. Also, I have a Triton Aspire II rocking the Vaporesso SS 0.5 ohm ceramic coils that works great on the Target Pro in TC mode but doesn't work well at all on the Tarot.

I'm kind of bummed that the Tarot is misbehaving as I absolutely love my Target Pro and wanted to love the Tarot just as much (in fact, I bought the Tarot because its a Vaporesso mod and I loved my Target so much). I'm hoping that I'm missing something and there is an easy fix.

Any thoughts?

Dave

hello there :)
hope i can fix your problem. i've been fiddling with tarot pro for some while and i currently think that now i've figured how to take care of it.

here are the steps:
[1] update your mod with the latest firmware 1.5
[2] restart the E-Ciga program. this time, make sure that you start the program with "run as administrator"
[3] make sure you have a reliable data cable. if must, use your smartphone's cable.
[4] connect the tarot pro to your PC
[5] read from device. then go to customize>screen>parameter>temp line>power line. scrolling between tabs refresh the value to the data that's been read.
[6] go to the TCR settings. change the value of SS wire to 140. that's my personal preference.
[7] wire to device
[8] disconnect

now to make sure that things work out, i reconnect>read from device> scroll through tabs in customization. if the number of TCR is 140 or whatever as what you had written before, then your settings had been applied.

[9] remove your atty
[10] change to TC SS, then place your atty back. make sure the wire is in cold state. that means the atty hasn't been used in last 5 minutes or so.

after all that, the TC has been way smoother. no power spikes, no dry hit, everything's great. with TCR set on 140 my vape goes well on 195-205C. i'm vaping at my dotmod RDA with single coil SS316L about 8x wrap. the settings also goes well when im doing dual coil. for titanium im using TCR 300 but i think i still need to refine my value.

i think the point of setting the TCR in tarot pro is not to set it to determine the calculated temp to be as close to the exact real temp, but to make it as soft as possible so that between increment points the temp difference would be very close. that way we can set it more accurately and thus it's all about choosing at which number we wanna vape.

these are all just my opinions and only based by my own experience. i don't state by any means that this is the exact way to solve it and is not backed by any proof. i hope it doesn't get anyone in trouble. just here to help.

regards :)
-FU-

Here's a workaround to help with the slow ramp up on tarot pro in tc.
Steps:
1. set to mode M1 (or 2)
2. set tcr (for ss316l start at 105, you will adjust again later)
3. set desired temperature
4. (this is where it gets fiddly) make sure your resistance is unlocked, take a puff to heat the coil then quickly unscrew the atomizer and screw it back down to get a new reading (it should have increased, the chip will now send a higher wattage than shown) you may have to unscrew and tighten a few more times till the ohms come down to a level you're happy with, lock ohms when done.
(using this method I increased the reading on mine from .17 to .20 which greatly increased the ramp up speed for my build)
5. reset to the desired temperature
6. readjust tcr (brought mine down to 88 for ss316l)
7. test and adjust accordingly.

This worked well for me, hopefully it works for others still trying to use this device.

VU Sponsors