Become a Patron!

TC With SS Low Ohm Coils

Hi all,

I am having some difficulty with SS coils in TC mode and am looking for some advice

My current setup is as follows:
  • Wismec RX2/3 Mod
  • Smok RTA G2 Tank (Dual Velocity style deck)

If I use SS temp control I seem to be okay with dual 316L coils that are low mass and above 0.4 ohms, single core claptons for example that warm up fairly quickly (for SS anyway), it seems the mod is okay with these.

However if I attempt to use a "heavier" coil setup, such as super juggernaut or staircase (something with multiple core wires and complicated wraps) which end up at 0.1 - 0.15 ohms, the mod freaks out and reverts to VW mode within half a second.

I think, but may be completely wrong, that this has something to do with the way the mod must be "testing" the change in resistance for applied wattage before being happy it can continue with TC mode, and that the larger mass coils take too long to heat up and change in resistance?

Do you have any suggestions on getting around this issue with my current setup?

Anyone running a similar configuration in TC mode that can recommend me maybe a better mod, capable to TC with low ohm high mass SS coils? Gut feel says it's the Wismec not being capable of what I want?

Regards

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
sounds like a mod issue or an issue with your build (aka a short or something is loose) also the TC in that mod is not very accurate but luckily DJLsb tested and figured out if you use TCR mode and set it at .00118 instead of what it should be (.00092) then it does a decent enough job at temp control.

So I'd suggest checking your build 1st and then using the TCR of 00118 and testing it out

VU Sponsors