Teen's savings drained by Juul per hit piece

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/health/vaping-juul-teens-addiction-nicotine.html

DESCRIBED IN A MANNER THAT SUGGESTS JUUL IS LIKE HOW A PUSHER GETS AN INNOCENT PERSON ADDICTED TO DRUGS o_O

“It was love at first puff,” said Matt, now 19.

The next day, he asked to hit his friend’s Juul again. And the next and the next. He began seeking it out wherever he could, that irresistible feeling — three, sometimes four hits a day.

So began a toxic relationship with an e-cigarette that would, over the next two years, develop into a painful nicotine addiction that drained his savings, left him feeling winded when he played hockey and tennis, put him at snappish odds with friends who always wanted to mooch off his Juul and culminated in a shouting, tearful confrontation with his parents.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We are a fake drama society?
Fueled by an insidious and perfidious media. Across the spectrum, too many take the media to be a bastion of certitude in lieu of having to do their own thinking.

We all have a tendency to think that the world must conform to our prejudices. The opposite view involves some effort of thought, and most people would die sooner than think—in fact, they do so. But the fact that a spherical universe seems odd to people who have been brought up on Euclidean prejudices is no evidence that it is impossible. Betrand Russell

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This idiot is the exact reason the govmt wants us to live in a nanny state and intervene in adults' personal freedoms. This fucktard did this on his own. He ignored the warnings on the package, and from the article:

"The Juul, he thought, was a harmless way to look like an edgy risk-taker."

Well, then, isn't that his fucking problem??

If I were his parents, I'd be more worried that we was in college and had no reading comprehension

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This idiot is the exact reason the govmt wants us to live in a nanny state and intervene in adults' personal freedoms. This fucktard did this on his own. He ignored the warnings on the package, and from the article:

"The Juul, he thought, was a harmless way to look like an edgy risk-taker."

Well, then, isn't that his fucking problem??

If I were his parents, I'd be more worried that we was in college and had no reading comprehension

This comes off as one of the lamer "After School Specials" they used to have on TV in the early 70s

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I keep saying it and saying it, the "news" (the media in general, actually) is nothing of the sort -- it's nothing but a bunch of pretty people capable of reading the teleprompter to say the things that their paymasters want them to say -- nothing at all to do with actual "news" or facts or truth, it's merely a way to seduce the public into watching ADVERTISING.

And bobnat, you are so sadly right -- just say the words "Now just think about it," in any group of people, and there will be those -- maybe even a majority-- who will groan and cry like you just asked them to dig a ditch with their teeth. And those who don't groan and cry will simply tune you out so they can go find out what ol Pumpkin Butt Kardashian is wearng or not-wearing today, and how many different guys her slutty sisters are fucking this week. We can blame public education, which no longer teaches people to think, but merely to pass tests... and we can blame parents too, who don't care if their kids actually learn anything, as long as they get into a Good School and make the parents look good. But ultimately we have to blame our whole culture and society, for passing along the message that thinking is hard, and not really necessary as long as we have google!

And we can simply ignore all this rampant stupidity and live our own lives, without regard to all the idiocy in the media. Make your own coils. Make your own ejuice. And FUCK the FDA and all the control-freak self-righteous nazi idiots who think they have us over a barrel.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Total Bullshittery and just having this title of the thread makes the Bullshittery propagate even more across search engines and just adds more fuel to the mass hysteria. Save the children!

VU Sponsors