Become a Patron!

Tell me a little about Gearbest

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive made a couple orders from Gearbest now, still waiting for them to come, but it wasnt til last night I got a little worried about something.

Aside from their terrible ship times (fully aware I could be waiting upwards of a month), is the vape stuff they sell legit? Legit as in authentic or non counterfeit?

I ask because I put in an order for a Smok Treebox 75w, a Herakles Plus tank, and a couple VTC4s, and last night I was just looking at the Treebox on there because its pretty and I cant wait to get it, and I noticed somewhere on the page it said something like "Chinese Version, please be aware of this". So immediately this shouted to me "counterfeit!". Is that likely? What the hell is the chinese version? I couldnt find anything related to that on google, and my inquiry to Gearbest itself was answered with some generic "please read the description" crap.

I know a lot of the vaping stuff nowadays, especially mods, are coming out of China, but in my eyes, when something says "Chinese Version" it means a fake. Apart from my vaping hobby, I also play guitar and like buying guitars. In the guitar industry now a days, and especially in the high end guitar market, there is a very very large presence of fake chinese counterfeits. Just for an example, a real, made in USA Gibson True Historic R9 will set you back around $7000-$10000. The Chinese fake? $300 shipping from China included. You can see how fakes get to be a pretty big issue pretty fast.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You gonna learn as you go bro... This is one Chinese vendor you might wanna avoid in the future!!!

Vape On

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Order from US warehouse if shipping times is that much of an issue.
Unless you got a smoking deal on the treebox it goes from clone to counterfeit real fast on pricing.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Treebox probably isnt going to be authentic? Damn Chinese counterfeits. I think from now on I gotta just stick with shit that has that "Made in USA" sticker...cept the Chinese probably counterfeited those too.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most vape gear is made in China, authentic or clones. Yes there are us companies who make stuff, mostly mods and drippers. All the vape gear I own is Chinese made and performs fine, however it's all authentic Chinese and not a cloned version. Gearbest has a horrible reputation of half truths in advertising and horrid shipping, even for Chinese vendors. Verified authentic products are generally OK, but even some cloners have found a way to cheat the authentication codes. Unfortunately alot of times the clones are horrible and end up not even working right. Hoping you get your stuff and it's what it's supposed to be, but to me it sounds like gb is getting even more shady with their business practices.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With Gearbest there is a possibility you will nor receive your purchase as has happened to many. There are reputable Chinese vendors, probably the vast majority. Gearbest is not among them. If you've got a problem, it'll only be compounded when you have to contact them, I wan;t run it into the ground as I have done so in the past but people keep using them, Those who have actually received their goods are vocal supporters so others get sucked in.

I sincerely hope you get your stuff without problems. :)

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well shit, way to smash any hope I had of getting anything real, if at all lol.

Seriously though, if theyre that shitty of a vendor, why are they allowed to advertise like crazy here?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well shit, way to smash any hope I had of getting anything real, if at all lol.

Seriously though, if theyre that shitty of a vendor, why are they allowed to advertise like crazy here?

Easy, my brother. I said nothing about getting something that's not 'real.' They have not had a great track record for delivery. I have personally ordered only once and it although it was a single item (as a test) and took six weeks. But I got it. Hope for the best and please let us know when your stuff comes, OK.?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW. This company is shady as all hell.

After I put in the support ticket asking about the authenticity of the Treebox and Herekles tank I ordered (as well as the Sony VTC5s or 4s), they gave me that generic "Read the item descriptions", then I said Ok, Ill just take them, please ship the items.

Well they just got back to me and said they CANT ship the Treebox OR the tank, and that my only options are to choose replacements, OR get store credit. Why would I want any kind of store credit or anything from a company that cant give a straight answer about weather they carry authentic products, and then when questioned, promptly and magically run out of stock?

The Treebox was on a Flash sale when I ordered it, and there were OVER a hundred left when I ordered. Now that I asked a question about it, they are all of a sudden unable to fill my order.

Fucking shitheads.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WOW. This company is shady as all hell.

After I put in the support ticket asking about the authenticity of the Treebox and Herekles tank I ordered (as well as the Sony VTC5s or 4s), they gave me that generic "Read the item descriptions", then I said Ok, Ill just take them, please ship the items.

Well they just got back to me and said they CANT ship the Treebox OR the tank, and that my only options are to choose replacements, OR get store credit. Why would I want any kind of store credit or anything from a company that cant give a straight answer about weather they carry authentic products, and then when questioned, promptly and magically run out of stock?

The Treebox was on a Flash sale when I ordered it, and there were OVER a hundred left when I ordered. Now that I asked a question about it, they are all of a sudden unable to fill my order.

Fucking shitheads.
Well--- welcome to gearbest, I contacted them previous to ordering to ask authenticity of an item and they wouldn't even reply, twice, the price was great but my theroy No Reply= No Order. Good luck to you on your order.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might have over reacted with that harsh post above. They actually gave me a full cash refund with minimal resistance, so its all squared away. Its a shame we couldnt do business, I spend a lot of money on my hobbies, but it is what it is. Still think what happened was kind of shady and strange timing, but whatever. Ill grab one from a US vendor and be done with it...

I still have 2 orders pending (shipped) with Gearbest, so well see what happens with those. One order was for a bunch of odds and ends (wire, drip tips, a vape carry bag, and a replacement TFV4 glass) and the other was for an Authentic Madhatter V2 RDA.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And unfortunately your experience among so many others is why I will NEVER order from them. They send a lot of stuff to reviewers as well, but even some of those guys talk about their nightmare ordering experiences in their videos. Now I've used cigabuy, fast tech, efun and I think one or two more China vendors with 0 issues other than the expected slow shipping, so take that for what u will. Glad they refunded you but it appears "we're sorry, even tho we had it in stock we don't now" is a common response.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
After reading this thread, I will delete GearBest from my vaping bookmarks.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And unfortunately your experience among so many others is why I will NEVER order from them. They send a lot of stuff to reviewers as well, but even some of those guys talk about their nightmare ordering experiences in their videos. Now I've used cigabuy, fast tech, efun and I think one or two more China vendors with 0 issues other than the expected slow shipping, so take that for what u will. Glad they refunded you but it appears "we're sorry, even tho we had it in stock we don't now" is a common response.

Ahem. Not that this fire needs any additional fuel, but the fraud claims against them are (in part) due to their staff writing reviews for them.

VU Sponsors