Become a Patron!

Temp control help?????!?!

Vapor_Citi1776

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys, I'm sure there are plenty of threads about this already but I'd thought I'd ask anyway. I have been using the istick 40w tc for awhile but I use RTAs and RDAs. I just bought some ni200 nickel wire 30 gauge. My question is for a newbie with nickel wire and temp control. I'm not sure what kind of build I need to do and after its built and good to go I'm not sure how to use temp control lol. I want to get into it but i don't know where to start. Any tips will help and are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and happy vaping

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hi guys, I'm sure there are plenty of threads about this already but I'd thought I'd ask anyway. I have been using the istick 40w tc for awhile but I use RTAs and RDAs. I just bought some ni200 nickel wire 30 gauge. My question is for a newbie with nickel wire and temp control. I'm not sure what kind of build I need to do and after its built and good to go I'm not sure how to use temp control lol. I want to get into it but i don't know where to start. Any tips will help and are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and happy vaping
Okay, so for starters, the easiest way to get up and running is with a 2.5mm or 3mm machine screw to wrap your coils. With 30g wire I would think about 5 or 6 wraps should get you to .15 or so. Once you have wrapped the coil on the screw, mount it in the tank and back the screw out. This will give you a very nice and evenly spaced coil to work with. Don't take the screw out before you mount it though, nickel wire is really soft and the coil will bend easily without the screw to keep it in shape. Be gentle when you are wicking it too, don't force it, for the same reasons. You could also do a contact coil, but I recommend the spaced coil for better performance, or at least that has been my experience with it.

Good luck, HTH!

VU Sponsors