Become a Patron!

Temp Control is on when?

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
Howdy fellas...and Ladies. So...a rook question. I vape a Vaperesso Nebula, TC device. Screen is in watts..like most I suppose. However I was wondering...is the temp control heating the vape like all the time....or does it have to be in temp mode? Like when I push and hold the button on bottom it switches to temp..then like nickle, stainless steel, ect. IF I want to vape in TC...do I have to leave it on where it says the degrees...or? Ya get what I'm saying? Prolly a silly question I know....

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy fellas...and Ladies. So...a rook question. I vape a Vaperesso Nebula, TC device. Screen is in watts..like most I suppose. However I was wondering...is the temp control heating the vape like all the time....or does it have to be in temp mode? Like when I push and hold the button on bottom it switches to temp..then like nickle, stainless steel, ect. IF I want to vape in TC...do I have to leave it on where it says the degrees...or? Ya get what I'm saying? Prolly a silly question I know....
Curious what tank and coil you are using with your Nebula?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unless it shows you a temp setting on the screen, it isn't in tc mode. When it is in tc mode, you need to match the wire type to what wire you're using.
Nickel setting-nickel coil.
Stainless setting-stainless wire.
Etc.

And if you are using Kanthol wire, or any other wire the device doesn't temp control, it should kick back to watt/power mode.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Don't worry buddy I had exactly that same question when I first started vaping albeit on a different device ;)

But what these guys said above me
Watts = power mode
Temp= temp mode

A while back I created a Q&A thread for temp control, has some useful info from members of this forum in it ... have a read, ask any other temp control questions you have in it

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/temp-control-q-a.303163/

Don't worry about thinking a Question is silly or not, everyone on here started from a point of knowing little, your questions help other people who read these posts too ;)

Not all metals are suitable for power mode stick to kanthal, nichrome80 and stainless steel

Likewise your mod has shown you what materials to use for temp mode stainless steel, titanium, nickel

This is why loads of people like SS you can use it in both ...that and a lot of people like the cleaner taste you get.

Last edited:

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
I'm currently using the TFV8 baby beast tank and .4 ohm coil vaping at 70 watts. I'm looking to see what its made of. I usually watch videos from some of the bigger youtubers. Ive never seen them run in temp control side...which is why I didn't really know. Well for the baby beast tank...before I got it I watched a video of some girl who does reviews...and she said she found best flavor at 70 watts..so I kinda started from there and found my spot at 65 watts. But nevere seen it reviewed in tc mode.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm currently using the TFV8 baby beast tank and .4 ohm coil vaping at 70 watts. I'm looking to see what its made of. I usually watch videos from some of the bigger youtubers. Ive never seen them run in temp control side...which is why I didn't really know. Well for the baby beast tank...before I got it I watched a video of some girl who does reviews...and she said she found best flavor at 70 watts..so I kinda started from there and found my spot at 65 watts. But nevere seen it reviewed in tc mode.
All the stock SMOK coils use kanthol wire. The coil bodies are SS, but that's meaningless for TC.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
All the stock SMOK coils use kanthol wire. The coil bodies are SS, but that's meaningless for TC.
If you're using a kanthal coil you're going to be using power mode. On my mod I change the tank or reattach my tank with the power on. I push the fire button and it says "no atomizer". Then I screwed on the tank. If the tank has a kanthal or non TC coil it goes straight to power mode. I adjust the. Power to my liking. If I screwed on a tank with a TC coil it asks me if it's NI or TI. Then it asks if it's a new coil. I can adjust the power to make the coil heat faster or slower. When the temperature is reached it will stop heating the coil for a short period. To adjust my temperature I turn off the mod. I hold the up and down buttons together to turn on the temperature adjustment. I adjust the temperature to where I want it and press the fire button to lock it in. I turn my mod back on in the normal way and see the set temperature in the display. When I press the fire button I see the temperature fluctuate up to the set temperature and down in rapid bursts. I don't think I like TC any more or less than VW mode. They both have good and bad points.

VU Sponsors