Become a Patron!

Temp control question

Hey I just picked up a sig 150tc and I'm not sure if the way I'm using temp control is gonna hurt anything, I just set my power all the way up and was using the temp to set how I like the vape, not sure if always setting it to the highest is bad or not since the tc is supposed to keep it regulated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me 55-60W and 510-520 Degrees with the Crown .15 ni. Maxed out will burn the cotton and shorten coil life.

I only have the power maxed and I run the temp from 420-500 depending on juice, so it ramps up super fast, I didn't specify my temp setting in op would this still mess up cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In general, you're right. The mod will only use your set watts at first to get the wire to temperature, then it will back off the power to hold it. I'd set it halfway, though.

sparkky1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's your battery's that wont last long .............

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Here is how I was told to use TC for best performance which has worked great. The most important thing is to first make sure your coil is cool and at room temp and lock the resistance. The reason for this is if you dont then your mod will read your coil at different resistances when you heat it up. Now for wattage...Depending on the ohm of your coil.. just do a simple ohms law... divide the voltage by the resistance R/V then multiply that by the voltage.. For example a fully charged battery has 4.2v. If you have say a .5 ohm coil then you do 4.2/5 = 8.4 Now 8.4 x 4.2 = 35.2 watts. So start your wattage around there along with say around 375-400 F. Each time you change your temp start your wattage back at 35 or whatever ohms law says and work it up. Once you get it fine tuned then you are all good to go. However I still find myself just going back to straight wattage. TC is very subjective. some people love it and some prefer just using wattage.

VU Sponsors