Become a Patron!

Temp control

Ok so ive been vaping for a while now and i build my own coils and such but recently wanted to get into TC to see how that is and i built my first tc build last night using a simple twisted wire build using 26g stainless steel and its a dual coil set up both coils at 4 wraps. Several things i feel are not quite right. First it ohmed out to .08 ohms. Second i dont know what temp i should start out at. Third the wattage is set at 80w im using the voopoo drag 157. And 4th the vape is really too cool for my personal liking. Since i am new to the TC scene im open to criticism and any and all opinions and help would be appreciated. Thanks!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The drag has a 80w max watage in tc mode so you should probably add a couple wraps to get the ohms higher so it can actually preheat your coils and get up to temp. I have a 0.24 ohm dual coil build in mine with 80w preheat, 450F and TCR of 1600. I had to crank it way up over 470 to get any sort of warmth when I had the TCR set to default value of 1300. Once I set the TCR all the way up to the max of 1600, instead of the default 1300, it started to perform more like I want and get from other TC devices without editing TCR values.

VU Sponsors