1. Build_Brothers

Build_Brothers New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok so ive been vaping for a while now and i build my own coils and such but recently wanted to get into TC to see how that is and i built my first tc build last night using a simple twisted wire build using 26g stainless steel and its a dual coil set up both coils at 4 wraps. Several things i feel are not quite right. First it ohmed out to .08 ohms. Second i dont know what temp i should start out at. Third the wattage is set at 80w im using the voopoo drag 157. And 4th the vape is really too cool for my personal liking. Since i am new to the TC scene im open to criticism and any and all opinions and help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Letitia9 likes this.
  2. HondaDavidson

HondaDavidson Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    As with wattage you start low and work your way up till you get the vape you want.

The Cromwell and skt239 like this.
  3. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Start at around 420, 40w and work your way up.

Letitia9 likes this.
  4. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The drag has a 80w max watage in tc mode so you should probably add a couple wraps to get the ohms higher so it can actually preheat your coils and get up to temp. I have a 0.24 ohm dual coil build in mine with 80w preheat, 450F and TCR of 1600. I had to crank it way up over 470 to get any sort of warmth when I had the TCR set to default value of 1300. Once I set the TCR all the way up to the max of 1600, instead of the default 1300, it started to perform more like I want and get from other TC devices without editing TCR values.

Letitia9 likes this.