Become a Patron!

Temperature control issues!

I recently purchased a smok alien device, with a crown tank I've had for a while, I recently purchased the 0.15 (nickel) coils but for some odd reason the TC-NI setting will not work it cuts off and switches to watts. However wattage mode, and TC-SS mode work fine, the coils are rated for 400-600f, so I don't see the problem running it in SS if it doesn't exceed that temperature but does anyone know why the nickel setting will not work? Is it because the coils are not true nickel? Just trying to be safe here

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I would double check the coils and make sure they are NI coils. If they are NI I would not use them with any settings other than NI settings. I have switched over to doing TC with SS because the results are MUCH more consistent.

Good luck, HTH!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would toss those Ni coils and get the 0.25 SS coils instead.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Its a crown pre made coil....its possibly and probably defective. There have been many issues over time with their coils. I love my crown but retired it a while ago and switched to rtas and make my own coils instead. I do not recommend just setting the TCR value and vaping that coil. If there is an issue with it you may be asking for trouble especially with nickel

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I recently purchased a smok alien device, with a crown tank I've had for a while, I recently purchased the 0.15 (nickel) coils but for some odd reason the TC-NI setting will not work it cuts off and switches to watts. However wattage mode, and TC-SS mode work fine, the coils are rated for 400-600f, so I don't see the problem running it in SS if it doesn't exceed that temperature but does anyone know why the nickel setting will not work? Is it because the coils are not true nickel? Just trying to be safe here
Did you start off in VW mode, set your vape and THEN switch to TC? If not, try that. I have to do it that way on my asolo, and then I can go up or down in TC mode.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my personal experience with the Crown V1 tank, It has been the SS Crown coils that have been wildly inconsistent and the Ni200 coils that are spot on from 1st pull to last.( In TC mode) Like most folks, I have been gradually going back to wattage mode with most of my tanks, but since the flavor and vapor production is so superior with the Ni200 coils, and especially with the Herakles V1 tank, I have had a hard time retiring them. I'm curious if that tank works on any other devices you have in TC mode? Welcome to VU, Staybrutal.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
In my personal experience with the Crown V1 tank, It has been the SS Crown coils that have been wildly inconsistent and the Ni200 coils that are spot on from 1st pull to last.( In TC mode) Like most folks, I have been gradually going back to wattage mode with most of my tanks, but since the flavor and vapor production is so superior with the Ni200 coils, and especially with the Herakles V1 tank, I have had a hard time retiring them. I'm curious if that tank works on any other devices you have in TC mode? Welcome to VU, Staybrutal.
I've just flat switched to using the Crown build deck. Any inconsistency at this point is my own damn fault! LOL

VU Sponsors