Become a Patron!

Temperature control, My set up and some help needed for a kind of "Newb"

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, so apologise if I am asking some really obvious or questions that have been asked before. I did some searching on this forum and although I did get some questions answered, I could do with a little more information.

I've been using e-cigs for at least 6 years, but up until now have just been using your basic e-go tank with a variable voltage e-go battery. My current tank is an "Aspire ET-S BVC - Glassomizer http://www.discountvapers.com/aspire-et-s-bvc-glassomizer-black/". However, I still smoke regular cigarettes, but am looking to cut back and eventually give those up completely, so today I decided to upgrade my battery and bought the Eleaf I-stick TC40W battery. To be honest I had no idea what I was buying, but the guy in the vape shop told me it was a good "starter battery" for someone looking to take the next step. Hopefully he wasn't just trying to sell me a battery!

However, since getting it home and reading the instructions, I'm a little confused since it has variable wattage, instead of variable voltage; an ability to lock in the ohms / resistance of the coil (very confused about that) and now I find out it has "temperature control" and it seems I should be using a certain type of nickel coil for that to work properly, and I shouldn't be using variable wattage on a nickel coil or temperature control on a non-nickel coil. It's all very confusing.

So now I've (hopefully) explained everything, here are my questions:

1. Are the BVC coils for my Aspire Nickel?
2. What happens if you use TC with a non nickel coil and vice versa with VW? Could it damage your battery or coil?
3. Kind of unrelated to my previous question, but am considering buying a new tank since my current Aspire sits out like a sore thumb, want something not so long (short and wide, so to speak). I live in South Korea, so what's available there might be different, but I know that both Aspire and Kanga are readily available which I know are international. Other brands that appear on Korean shopping sites are "Just Fog" and "Viper", not sure if those are international of Korean, but any recommendations on upgrading to my next tank are appreciated.

Any replies are highly appreciated and sorry for my very long post!

Thanks.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1. No, I think those are Kanthal. Not sure if nickel is available on those.
2. stainless steel edited for correction, per the post that followed this one - thanks Mark.
3. I'm not well versed in Aspire, or Kanger, so I'll leave tank suggestions to those folks. I've enjoyed Youde (UD), Wotofo and Geekvape stuff, lately.

Getting used to wattage just takes a minute. Play around with what setting tastes best to you. I went from an ego twist to an MVP, then to an iStick 20watt when I switched up from an ego. You'll get used to that quickly. I never really got into TC, I'm happy with plain old wattage, but TC does have a lot lot lot of fans, too.

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! The coils that are available for your tank are not Nickel so you would want to vape in VW mode. If and when you pick up a new tank, make sure that the coils you want to TC with are Ni-200 (Nickel) as that mod will not do TC with Ti-1 or Stainless Steel coils. You would also want to make sure to pick the right mode for the coil as using the wrong mode would most likely fry your coil. It is important when using a TC coil that you lock the resistance in on the mod at room temperature.

VU Sponsors