Become a Patron!

Temperature Control Problems TFV4

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Guys, I have a TFV4 and and an XCube II setup and it was working great with the quad coils at around 70 watts great clouds and rarley ever a dry or burnt hit, but stupidly I decided to take a chance and try the temp control coils so I went to the shop and asked for a pack and put one in and primed it and well it works okay but it's kinda mediocre and the vapor production is crap compared to the quad could and they said the flavor would be great with these but it's total crap always getting random burnt hits out of nowhere and it's titanium coils but the only option seems to be nickel on my XCube so that's what I'm running it at and Mabey that's the problem? Also the hits feel rather softer and less vapor is getting in my lungs and it kinda just sucks..... Any advice for getting the temp control coils to work better? Because I have 4 more of them and I would rather not throw $30 down the drain if I can avoid it and have to spend another 30 to go back to the quad coils! Any advice you have in this department is much appreciated thanks guys!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update your X-Cube2, it'll bump up the wattage to 180W, and then connect to your app via bluetooth, go to the settings, and Upgrade the TC modes (it'll give you Ti and SS modes). Just click the upgrade buttons and boom! That's it! Now you can use the proper TC mode!

Orlando1130

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update your X-Cube2, it'll bump up the wattage to 180W, and then connect to your app via bluetooth, go to the settings, and Upgrade the TC modes (it'll give you Ti and SS modes). Just click the upgrade buttons and boom! That's it! Now you can use the proper TC mode!
True! I forgot about the upgradable firmware! I didn't realize that Titanium wasn't part of the original setup but that makes sense! I was curious why it was only letting me choose nickel! Mabey after I fix it so it reads as titanium the hits will be smoother with less burn hits and I'll get bigger clouds!

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And you can always up your temp I will start at 450 and increase over a period of time till I get the what I want and always run close to the border line close to burning the coil to get the most.

VU Sponsors