Become a Patron!

Temperature control setting doesn't stick

Hi,

I recently purchased an eleaf ipower 80w mod (first vape :) ) and bought a flex mini head for it. The man at the shop recommended that I stick to the temperature control setting (Ni) when using it. But, I'm having a problem when when I put on the setting and inhale the ipower reverts back to the variable wattage setting.

I was wondering if anyone knew why this was or has experienced this before?

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I could be wrong and I am fairly new at this also but it sounds like your coil is not for TC. Istick will automatically change back to VW if you try using the wrong coil. At least I know from messing around with mine it will change back.

I could be wrong and I am fairly new at this also but it sounds like your coil is not for TC. Istick will automatically change back to VW if you try using the wrong coil. At least I know from messing around with mine it will change back.
Thanks for the reply. Ahh okayy, my atomizer head is FL-NiCr. I was under the impression that I should use the temperature control for the Ni. Should I be using the VW setting for it then?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
NOOO
if it's a NI coil (nickle) that coils is for TC only. do not use it in watt mode
Even if you use the wrong coil in temp mode it won't kick you out. you just get a shitty vape. getting kicked out of temp mode is usually a mod issue or an issue with the coil itself. it's reading jumps in resistance most likely. make sure everything is on tight and clean

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the reply. Ahh okayy, my atomizer head is FL-NiCr. I was under the impression that I should use the temperature control for the Ni. Should I be using the VW setting for it then?
really need to know more on the coils. the only options i see are NI (nickle) Ti (titanium) and Kenthal the NI and Ti are TC only. the Kenthal are Watt mode only.
NiCr would normally mean Nichrome which is watt mode only but i don't see a NiCr coil for that tank anywhere. it's actually hard to find any info on that tank at all

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree if it is a TC coil don't use VW mode. However I will add my Istick will not let me stay in TC mode if I don't have a TC coil. It will let me go through the steps setting it up, even lock in resistance. Once I hit the fire button it kicks me to VW with a default of 20w. I only know this because like I said I messed around to learn settings and I knew the coil used was not a TC coil. Once I put in a TC coil it worked for me. I am new to this so as far as the tank and coils that came with it or it uses listen to the others on that.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Biggest problem I see is they "recommended" something that is an unbreakable rule....NI and TI are TC ONLY

really need to know more on the coils. the only options i see are NI (nickle) Ti (titanium) and Kenthal the NI and Ti are TC only. the Kenthal are Watt mode only.
NiCr would normally mean Nichrome which is watt mode only but i don't see a NiCr coil for that tank anywhere. it's actually hard to find any info on that tank at all

Thanks for trying to look it up. I couldn't find any information about this head as well. Maybe, your first comment was right and something is not tight or clean. I should point out that the vape doesn't jump straight to the VW sometimes it does let me vape at the TC setting.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for trying to look it up. I couldn't find any information about this head as well. Maybe, your first comment was right and something is not tight or clean. I should point out that the vape doesn't jump straight to the VW sometimes it does let me vape at the TC setting.
is there anything printed on the coil head? what does it look like? Looks like they might color code the orings on them as the coil type

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey, There's nothing printed on it other than totally wicked and 0.2ohms
My best educated guess will say it's kenthal
they have kenthal at .2 and .3 with grey orings
Ni is .15 and Ti is .5 and have color orings.

So it's for power mode only with a range of 20-75 watts

My best educated guess will say it's kenthal
they have kenthal at .2 and .3 with grey orings
Ni is .15 and Ti is .5 and have color orings.

So it's for power mode only with a range of 20-75 watts
Thanks for taking the time to go through this with me!

So, I should be fine using it with the variable vottage (is that what you meant by power mode?). Also, on the box it said FL-NiCr atomiser head, what does the FL-NiCr correspond to?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for taking the time to go through this with me!

So, I should be fine using it with the variable vottage (is that what you meant by power mode?). Also, on the box it said FL-NiCr atomiser head, what does the FL-NiCr correspond to?
Wish i knew lol since i can't find them anywhere but in general NiCr means Nichrome wire which is a power mode wire (yes power meaning watts or volts mode) And it seems they make power mode orings grey like yours and TC orings colored so maybe that's their system. Would be nice to get more info on the company. they only have a wholesale website with very little info and seem to be big in the UK only. most members here are in the US so aren't as familiar with things that are popular there

Also no problem at all. Happy to help

VU Sponsors