Become a Patron!

Templar RDA - Augvape

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Templar RDA from Augvape. The Templar RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Fiona from Augvape.

http://www.augvape.com/product/templar-rda/

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Templar RDA
1 x Frosted Bullet Cap
1 x 810 Delrin Drip Tip (Goon / Kennedy size)
1 x 510 adaptor
1 x Squonk pin
1 x Single coil adapter
Spare O-Rings
Spare Post Screws

Aesthetics

The Templar RDA comes in tubular packaging as is quite common for Augvape products. The first thing i noticed was how short the 24mm diameter Templar was and the supplied Goon style dip tip is also on the short side but is relative to the RDA. I did think the short drip-tip would course my lips touching the metal when vaping to become uncomfortably hot but actually found this not to be the case, you also receive a 510 adaptor. I received the Black version but it's also available in Stainless Steel, my version comes with what seems to be a gold plated deck/base with both standard and BF pin also being gold plated, the base also as branding and safety stamps etched on. On the front of the RDA we have a little symbol printed on in Silver, there is a step to the top section which is the inner sleeve protruding which you turn for airflow control, this has "TEMPLAR" printed on it also in Silver. The other visible feature of the Templar is the duel airflow made up of three rows of slots both sides. The Templar also comes with a frosted all in one sleeve/mouthpiece which in my opinion will be more suited to chucking clouds so i personally won't be using it but it's still good that Augvape include it.

Templar RDA Specs:

Clamp Snag System
Titanium Screws
24mm Diameter
Dual Coil Air-Flow Control
24K Gold Plated Deck
Come with Ultem Drip Tip And Derlin Drip Tip
Fully 304 Stainless Steel Construction
Come With Gold Plated Brass Pin And SS Squonk Pin
PEEK insulators
Colours: Black, Stainless Steel

The Airflow

The Airflow works with the outer sleeve having 3 rows of 2 slots each side, each row has a small and a larger slot with the middle row being offset to the top and bottom row. The inner sleeve has a stair system giving the user complete control of how they want the airflow to perform with such versatility on how much or how little air you want hitting the coils. The airflow is set exactly at a middle height on the sleeve which will line up perfectly with your coils because of the way you build on the Templar RDA. As i have mentioned before in reviews of RDA's and RTA's using a multi hole/slot system always gives very good flavour and a smooth airflow. Looking inside the sleeve it has a step while still having a conical shape.

The Build Deck

The Templar has a Velocity Clamp system which works really well and makes building very quick and simple. It has 2 posts with a large post hole in each then a large "T" piece clamp with a combo philips/flathead screw which when loosening rises the bar up. When the clamp is undone we now have a higher hole each side allowing for a duel build with anything from micro coils to large chunky coils, tightening the screw back up lowers the "T" piece which clamps all the wires in place. If you prefer a single coil the Templar comes with a stopper that completely blocks one side of the deck off. The deck has a large, reasonably deep (approx 5mm) juice well so works well both as a standard dripper or squonking using the supplied pin. Wicking i found to be straightforward with no issues at all.

Performance

Those that often use RDA's will from the pictures of the airflow and inner sleeve along with the dimensions of the Templar will come to the conclusion it bags loads of flavour and of course they are right. The standard of a lot of RDA's now means most are giving great flavour but the Templar can give any of them a run for their money. You can also fit large, chunky coils if clouds are your thing and fitting the frosted all in one sleeve/mouthpiece will be well suited for that. Normally i squonk with an RDA but this time i used the Templar as a standard dripper with a duel build coming out at 0.28 at 60W, i also tried it on a mech. There was a bit of spitback but actually not as much as i was expecting i just needed not to over drip and if you squonk will be best not to be too zealous. Also i would like to point out the resistance on the airflow control which in my opinion Augvape have got spot on.

Pros

Great Flavour
Very easy to build on
Can use chunky coils if you wish
Duel/Single Build
Side Stopper for single build
Versatile Airflow
Velocity Clamp System
510 adaptor included
BF Pin included
Frosted Top-Cap/ Mouthpiece for Clouds

Cons

A bit of Spitback (but known a lot worse)

I would once again like to thank Fiona from Augvape for supplying the Templar RDA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.augvape.com/product/templar-rda/

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Good review!

did you have any issues mounting coils? One side clamping down more than another? Did you mount any claptons and such, or just round wire?

I love my Templar!

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! it was claptons i used and no issues, why have you had the clamp go down unevenly?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks! it was claptons i used and no issues, why have you had the clamp go down unevenly?

Yes, but I believe I was overtightening, giving that titanium screw the what-for if you will haha, I will need to rebuild and try a lighter touch.

My first build was a staple and I can imagine it squishing. I had to put the coils in one pair of legs top holes only, other pair bottom holes only, to get rid of a short. The clamp was visibly lower on one side than the other, otherwise

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i was able to mount mine 1 leg top other bottom no problems, are you measuring up and pre-cutting the legs or cutting after fitting?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Happy Easter! I think my problem was over-tightening and squishing staples, as well as not having legs long enough to go all the way through the posts.
IMG_20180330_180209~2.jpg

VU Sponsors