Become a Patron!

Terrorists black out the electrical grid in Yemen..

RynoSerious

Likes Turtles
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
VU Live Host
** foreshadowing on the next attempt
On MURICA?? **
electric-300x180.jpg

This past Sunday, Israel National News Arutz Sheva reported that for the first time in history, a terrorist attack on the electric power grid has blacked-out an entire nation – in this case Yemen.

Media attention has been so focused on the terror group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and their brutal conquest of northern Iraq and advance toward Baghdad, that the perhaps even more significant terrorist threat has been ignored.

On June 9, al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), used rocket-propelled grenade launchers and mortars to destroy transmission towers, plunging the whole of Yemen into blackout. The AQAP blackout of Yemen’s electric grid has gone largely unreported.

Yemen, a nation of 24 million, is an important U.S. ally in the war on terrorism and has been the scene of some of the most significant episodes of that war. AQAP, based in Yemen, is notorious for its aggressive and ingenious terror operations against the United States. It was in Yemen where a drone strike killed Islamic terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki — good riddance.

Lest we forget, on October 12, 2000, AQAP used plastic explosives to convert a motorized dinghy into a torpedo that blasted the USS Cole, killing and injuring 56 sailors, and nearly sinking the sophisticated guided missile destroyer, worth almost one billion dollars.

So why should we be concerned about this event in Yemen?

For starters, North Korea has provided Yemen with at least 15 Scud-B mobile missiles, capable of delivering nuclear, chemical, biological or high-explosive warheads weighing one ton to a range of 300 kilometers. Iran has demonstrated that Scud missiles can be ship-launched from a freighter. As a member of the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities, one of our concerns was an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) attack. What this entails is firing a nuclear device high into the altitude for detonation.

A study by the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission found that attacks on just nine key transformer substations could blackout the entire nation for weeks or months. The Congressional Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Commission warned that a nuclear Scud missile launched from a freighter could blackout the U.S. for a year or more, killing up to 9 of 10 Americans by starvation and societal collapse. This is not some Flash Gordon comic book scenario, this is for real — this is not “whack-a-mole.”

Killing bin Laden meant nothing. That was not a strategic success — just as when our U.S. forces shot down Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, the Japanese did not surrender or quit fighting.

Last year a terrorist teleconference was attended by more than 20 leaders of al-Qaida and affiliates participating from the Middle East and North Africa.

Al-Qaida members in the conference included Nigeria’s Boko Haram, Pakistani Taliban, al-Qaida in Iraq, al-Qaida in Islamic Maghreb, al-Qaida in Uzbekistan and others. One U.S. intelligence officer reportedly described the gathering as “a legion of doom.”

Could it be the big terror offensive now rolling across the Middle East is the unfolding of the plot planned last year? Media reporting acts as if the ISIS conquest of northern Iraq, Taliban attacks on nuclear-armed Pakistan, and the terror blackout in Yemen are unrelated. But all of these actors were plotting something together last year.

A leader with strategic vision looks for indicators and warnings and recognizes the enemy — this is so obviously lacking in the Obama administration. Let us never forget 9-11 didn’t just come together during the first year of the Bush administration. It was being built and planned during the Clinton administration — is history repeating itself? And this next one will not be just about flying airplanes into buildings.

We can’t sit back and whine that “America is war weary” – because the Islamists sure ain’t! Remember, Hitler took the Rhineland without firing a shot — of course the lack of history taught in our schools means many have no freakin’ clue as to what I said, or its significance.

I gotta tell ya, I feel like I’m reading and watching all this unfold just as Churchill did. I don’t want to see my homeland bombed as Churchill did, but I will fight with his same dogged determination. We had best awaken or prepare to pay a heavy cost.

Tags: al-Qaida, Boko Haram, Iraq, Yemen

Read more at http://allenbwest.com/2014/06/islamists-rehearsing-attack-power-grid/#lfACkWGqhWGE6MjL.99

REPETE OFF3ND3R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't agree with you more! We as a country, and as a whole, need to not forget and stand tall against these actions. I will fight like hell until my final breath, but hope to God it never comes to that extreme. And thank you for pointing out the history of things. Too many either don't know those things or have just forgotten. I know That example and many others. Wish people would pay attention

RynoSerious

Likes Turtles
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
VU Live Host
opening the eyes, of the many, one set at a time..

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Watch some Chris Heben interviews a SEAL and well versed on anti terrorism and pin points east coast as a soft spot for this

REPETE OFF3ND3R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watch some Chris Heben interviews a SEAL and well versed on anti terrorism and pin points east coast as a soft spot for this
I'll have to check those out. Its not too hard to see where that may be one of many soft spots for us to get hurt by a terrorist strike

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you Ryno . There is very much to what you just said . The press and Administration make it look like a big "all of a sudden " type of thing .
But they never are . These things are planned and followed thru with. Look at Bengahzi , it was planned , like many other things . People get elected every day or appointed to a position and they are just plain old fashioned to lazy to do their job.

REPETE OFF3ND3R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not so much lazy as - just don't have time to deal with it because it interferes with advancing their personal lives with tax payers money and stroking their over inflated egos.

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm the odd ball that thinks the original plots of middle eastern terror were all linked to the Petro Dollar amongst other things to seperate power for greed and to disrupt the social fibers of the middle east.... We have our hands so dirty from all sides of the middle east and probably payed for the bombs to take the grid down so we could report our own agendas and then use the attackers as scapegoats if our agendas don't fit the needs of our shareholders... I know i'm out there.

VU Sponsors