Become a Patron!

Tessera 150W with ELLO TS TC Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Tessera 150W with ELLO TS TC Kit from Eleaf. The Tessera 150W with ELLO TS TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Eleaf.

http://www.eleafworld.com/tessera-with-ello-ts/

In the Box

Contents:

1x Tessera MOD
1x Ello TS Tank (with HW2 0.3ohm head)
1x HW1 0.2ohm head
1x Spare parts
1x QC USB cable
2x Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Tessera having an internal battery allows it to be both smaller and lighter than a duel battery device and while not being tiny i would still describe it as pocket friendly. The device has a black low poly panel front and back, both these panels have a raised 3D geometrical design which really gives the device a stunning look. The chassis of the device is in the colour of choice, i received the Silver but it's also available in Red, Green, Black and dazzling, all colours come with matching ELLO TS tank. The tank doesn't just match the colour of the device but both top and bottom have geometric texturing in keeping with the device. One side of the device is plain apart from "Eleaf" printed at the bottom, the opposite side is also plain apart from "TESSERA" printed at the bottom. The side with "TESSERA" printed acts as the fire bar and will fire pressed anywhere on the upper two thirds. The front as already described is a 3D geometrical design, but the design incorporates the 1.45 inch TFT colour screen at the top. Bottom right, also in geometric shapes are the up and down buttons with mode/select button between them, finally on the front at the bottom centrally we have the USB port. The base of the device has safety stamps and a reset hole, then moving to the top we have a central, gold plated, spring loaded 510 which has slightly raised 4 quarter circle sections to stop the tank damaging the device's finish.

ELLO TS Specs:

Size: 25 x 46mm(2ml)/ 25 x 54mm(4ml)
Capacity: 2ml/4ml
Thread: 510 thread
Powerful HW Coils for Optimal Flavor and Intense Cloud
Convenient Retractable Top Fill System
Adjustable Bottom Airflow with Dual Large Air Inlets
Detachable Structure for Easy Cleaning
Colours: Black, Green, Red, Silver, Dazzling

ELLO TS Overview

The ELLO TS is another tank from Eleaf which uses the HW range of coils which i rate highly especially the HW ceramic coil. The ELLO TS comes with a 2ml glass fitted and comes apart easily, just unscrew the top and base sections and the glass comes straight off. If you want to use the 4ml glass provided you just need to screw on the air pipe extension section and then fit the 4ml glass before reassembling. Filling the tank is easy you just push where there is a small arrow head and the top slides open revealing a generous filling slot. The tank has duel cyclops with stopper and the drip tip is a 810 fitting, but you need to use a 810 with o-rings, not a goon style. The two supplied coils are the HW1 0.2 rated at 40w-80w which i found best at 60w, this coil gives good flavour and very good cloud, and the HW2 0.3 rated at 30W-70W, this coil also gives plenty of cloud but is full of flavour which i found best at 50w. The ELLO TS is the exact tank with the same dimensions as the ELLO T which was supplied with the Invoke. The only 2 difference's between the 2 tanks is first the top- fill method the ELLO T top-cap was a twist off and as described the TS slides open. The second difference is cosmetics to suit the device they are included with. The ELLO T is plain looking and smooth but the TS has heavy geometrical texturing as described in an earlier section and comes in colours to match the Tessera.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tessera 150w TC Mod Specs:

Size: 82.7mm x 42mm x 30.5mm
Battery type: Built-in 3400mAh
Display: 1.45-inch TFT colour screen
Output wattage: 1-150W
Charge: 2A Quick charge
Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC(Ni/Ti/SS/TCR(M1,MI2,M3))
Thread: Spring-loaded 510 thread
Unique Low Poly design
Temperature protection in charging
Colours: Black, Green, Red, Silver, Dazzling

Using the Tessera

While the device is off pressing the fire button displays the time and date, to switch the device on and off is 5 clicks. The display is very well done bright and clear, all the information you require is displayed but the layout is done in a way that it's not cluttered. Top left we have the initials of the mode the device is in and top right we have battery satus displayed as both an icon and as a percentage. Below this centrally we have the wattage with elongated brackets surround (this is temp in temp control and time in RTC mode). Further down to the left we have the voltage and to the right is the resistance. Below this centrally, also with elongated brackets surround we have the time and date (when in RTC or temp control mode it displays the sub para). When the device is in either RTC or temp control mode where voltage was displayed is now replaced by the wattage, in RTC mode the wattage can be adjusted using the up down buttons just like when in wattage mode but when in temp control it needs setting in the menu. The device has a full user friendly menu system but the different modes can be chosen without entering it. Holding down the mode button changes the mode in order, you just release the mode button when you get to the mode you want, the order is, Wattage, RTC, Temp Ni, Temp Ti, Temp SS, M1, M2 and M3. To enter the menu proper is 3 clicks this brings up 4 icons, mode, settings, colours and info. Choosing mode brings up the list of modes but these modes are identical to what i have already been through. Choosing info displays information about the status of the battery, also hardware and firmware versions. Choosing colours brings up 5 different colours you can choose between, this sets the colour of certain items on the display including the elongated brackets. Choosing settings brings up 2 columns of 4 rectangles, so 8 rectangles in total with headings written inside them. These headings are, coil (lock/unlock resistance), ENU (turn ENU on/off), power (set wattage for temp control), subpara (choose between puff, time or amp), clock (set time and date), preheat, timeout and exit. While in the menu system the up and down buttons moves between things around the screen and alters selected items, the mode button is select and fire is back. When the device is on up and down together locks and unlocks the device but the device still fires. The same key combination when the device is off flips the screen so if you are weird enough to like reading things upside down you have the option. There are a lot of options and explaining in text form does make it sound more complex than the reality, it is actually a very user friendly device and navigating is a breeze.

Performance

It's typical Eleaf in my opinion, i have had Eleaf products ever since i advanced from cheap £5 ego batteries to mods, my first device being an iStick 30w and have always found them reliable, consistent and accurate and no different here with the Tessera. The Tessera has no noticeable delay and i enjoyed the coils included with the TS tank. I also used the Themis RTA, Nudge RDA and finally the Berserker Mini at only 10w to make sure the device stays quiet and it's performance was spot on. Some like and some won't entertain internal batteries but taking that out of the equation the Tessera in my opinion is Eleafs best device to date when you take everything into account, performance, interface and aesthetics. The 3400mAh battery when you compare to a 100w 2600 mAh battery or 220w duel 2600 batteries is about par for the course for an 150w device and that's what you get fair battery life. It has 2A charging and if you are worried about how hot the device gets while quick charging it does have ENU setting (which monitors the temp while charging and pauses the charge when the temp goes out of the safe parameters and resumes when safe), the Tessera is also fully firmware compatible. One thing to point out is to protect the finish of the device there is a wafer thin gap between tanks and the device which is intentional. It is barely noticeable but will bug some people when they know it's there. There is half a mm clearance all the way around the TS so the Tessera will accommodate a 26mm tank without overhang.

Conclusion

The Tessera is not a bad choice as a first device and the Tessera kit ideal for a first kit for someone who has identified themselves as a DL vaper. It's ideal because the interface is so user friendly and it allows the user to grow with the device and try temp control if they so wish. As long as you don't mind an internal battery and not bothered about curves (which is a feature i like), wallpapers and flashing lights the Tessera has everything you need and 150w is enough wattage for the vast majority of vapers.

Pros:

Aesthetically Stunning
Nice pocket friendly size
3D geometric design
Large colour TFT screen
Mode button
User friendly, Aesthetically pleasing Interface
RTC mode
Temp control
150w
Internal 3400mAh battery (some, especially new vapers prefer)
Fair battery life
2A charging
Firmware Upgradeable
EllO TS Aesthetically very nice
HW coils are flavoursome stock coils (plenty of choices to suit)

Cons:

Very slight gap between tank and device
Internal Battery (some people won't entertain)
No Curves

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the Tessera 150W with ELLO TS TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://www.eleafworld.com/tessera-with-ello-ts/

VU Sponsors