Become a Patron!

Testing oils at stores?

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wondering if it is ok to test oils before you purchase? I see some of you saying they gave you a sample. Is that the norm? Everywhere ive been nobody has offered to let me try before i buy. They let me smell, but never offered up a sample. Is it Kosher to ask for a sample? Do you walk in with an empty tank? I would think youd get a bit of a mix if you were trying multiple samples.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape shops usually have a bunch of tanks already filled with the flavor. All you do is give it a puff.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape shops usually have a bunch of tanks already filled with the flavor. All you do is give it a puff.

I second this. B&M shops won't go away because of that. You can taste any juice you're interested in.. at least.. my shop you can. Can't really do that online. Perks of actually getting up, putting on clothes, driving to your local vape shop, and seeing real people who want to help. :)

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New regulations have put a halt to free samples I believe. But some shops have found loopholes. Like charging $1 to sample then taking $1 off your purchase.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
New regulations have put a halt to free samples I believe. But some shops have found loopholes. Like charging $1 to sample then taking $1 off your purchase.
Also heard shops are switching to 0mg for testers.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Our testers are 0 nic.
And they are free for "customers only".

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Just wondering if it is ok to test oils before you purchase? I see some of you saying they gave you a sample. Is that the norm? Everywhere ive been nobody has offered to let me try before i buy. They let me smell, but never offered up a sample. Is it Kosher to ask for a sample? Do you walk in with an empty tank? I would think youd get a bit of a mix if you were trying multiple samples.
Did you mean E-Juice? Because we do NOT vape oils!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If your vaping OIL you got a problem. The rest of us use e-liquid no oil in it.
Every shop I've been to have samples for you to try. If your shop doesn't, find one that does. What country are you in? It may be illegal were you live.

Last edited:

wrxin

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have vaped OILS before. but that was in colorado. we DONT vape oil here, just e-juice:)

the vape shop near me has disposable drip tip cover thingys you use for sampling flavors. yes free:cheers:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you are actually talking about E-Liquids, the new FDA rules prohibit the shops from letting you try the flavors.

They also prohibit shops from teaching new vapers how to safely build and use coils.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought he was talking about juices, often new vapers don't know what it is we vape, oils or juice. I've had more than plenty ask in our shop if it's oil, a juice, or something else. And from reading our Rules, since no talk about oils or dry herbs are permitted, I came to the conclusion he was misunderstanding it for juice, as often new vapers do.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are actually talking about E-Liquids, the new FDA rules prohibit the shops from letting you try the flavors.

They also prohibit shops from teaching new vapers how to safely build and use coils.

It stops them from letting you try for free. Most the shops I know charge a quarter or a dollar for the whole day to try what you want. They then sometimes take that off a purchase as a coupon.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
But customers can feel free to work on them themselves. Re-wick, re-build, etc..

But absolutely no help from the staff other than writing down the link for Steam Engine and the like.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But absolutely no help from the staff other than writing down the link for Steam Engine and the like.

zgOd8_s-200x150.gif

Huh? Sure, I'll absolutely help, I'm polite and nice. All staff at our boutique will always help our customers; veterans/new. I'm aware of the guidelines, FDAregs.info is bookmarked on all our computers at work, I've also read thoroughly at home, and we talked about it daily before and after Aug. 8th. It's pretty much a dead horse right now, it's a waiting game now. But yeah, we can't build for them but we sure can help them out; your definition of help, giving them cotton? Holding their mod while they tighten leads? lol, they generally like to do all that themselves. I don't understand why you'd suggest towards me I would not help and push them to some site. Sorry if that happened to you at another boutique, that's shitty. :(

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There's seems to be enough help from various moderators here, sorry for trying, I'll unwatch.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Yeah, that's pretty stupid eh? About the no coil building lessons. Even if they limited it to above 1 ohm per coil. Glad we don't have that BS here in canada. FDA might be in the stone ages, but at least they have some common sense. What's next? You can't learn brain surgery from a professor at university? You have to google it.... "Oh oh.. internet went out nurse... see if you can connect via dial up.. Good thing we are charging by the hour... "

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im sorry, e juice, still new here. I live in The usa (indiana) the shop i bought my setup from said they couldnt help me assemble it because it is considered manufacturing a tobacco product. So basically the guy had me take everything out and he walked me through assembling it. Apparently we are also taxed higher, because he said the shop in michigan(where ill now go) is much cheaper and has a bigger selection of juices because Indiana only allows certain ones.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Im sorry, e juice, still new here. I live in The usa (indiana) the shop i bought my setup from said they couldnt help me assemble it because it is considered manufacturing a tobacco product. So basically the guy had me take everything out and he walked me through assembling it. Apparently we are also taxed higher, because he said the shop in michigan(where ill now go) is much cheaper and has a bigger selection of juices because Indiana only allows certain ones.

Pathetic, but sounds true from what I know of the FDA-topped-off-with-Indiana-vape-laws

bomatt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The shop near me has a sign that says we charge $.25 for samples. But he's never charged me. Maybe because I never leave without buying something.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The shop near me has a sign that says we charge $.25 for samples. But he's never charged me. Maybe because I never leave without buying something.

Probably too much hassle to collect a quarter and the sign is just for show, unless they think you might be some kind of inspector or something

VU Sponsors