Become a Patron!

Texan who usually only stalks forums but ....

Proudshamrock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hope this is being posted in the Member Introduction area! :rolleyes:
Hello all! I have zero tolerance for crap and even less for childish behavior so I don't usually "join" forums; however, I bought a mod (correct terminology?) 8 days ago and haven't had a cigarette since! That's akin to a miracle for me considering I'm a smoker - or should I say former smoker - of over 30 years and smoked two packs/day! Let the learning begin..... :D

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome! Keep going! I smoked 2-3 packs a day for 30+ years myself and found that once I began vaping, the desire to light up a smoke dwindled, eventually to nothing. Now that I have my sense of smell and taste back, I can finally enjoy food without turning it into a spice fest.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope this is being posted in the Member Introduction area! :rolleyes:
Hello all! I have zero tolerance for crap and even less for childish behavior so I don't usually "join" forums; however, I bought a mod (correct terminology?) 8 days ago and haven't had a cigarette since! That's akin to a miracle for me considering I'm a smoker - or should I say former smoker - of over 30 years and smoked two packs/day! Let the learning begin..... :D
Well I am a Texan as well so welcome there is mucho to learn always learning always trying different things :) what part of Texas?

Proudshamrock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome! Keep going! I smoked 2-3 packs a day for 30+ years myself and found that once I began vaping, the desire to light up a smoke dwindled, eventually to nothing. Now that I have my sense of smell and taste back, I can finally enjoy food without turning it into a spice fest.

Thanks! Like I said, I just can't believe this is keeping me from even wanting a cigarette!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome!

It's a miracle, isn't it? I smoked for 40 years, and haven't even wanted a cigarette from the first day I picked up a throwaway ecig when I went to buy my usual carton:D For some of us, it seems just too easy, particularly when nothing else has worked!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Glad vaping has helped you stop the smoking habit.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if half your life you live in the North and Half the life in the south is one a Yankee or a Confederate it surely is a pickle
I don't consider Texas a southeren state I consider it a westeren state. that's cause I'm more familiar with west texas full of goat ropers and really lousy mexican food..I'm from New Mexico.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't consider Texas a southeren state I consider it a westeren state. that's cause I'm more familiar with west texas full of goat ropers and really lousy mexican food..I'm from New Mexico.
Guess you are right but is surely is the southern part of North America the mindset is surely different Northern USA to Southern

Proudshamrock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yeah Texans are cnuts...I love them....great people...great music...lousy food.
You must have eaten in North Texas if you think the food is lousy. Here in South Texas we have some amazing authentic Mexican Food .... The rest isn't bad either.

spawny

Member For 4 Years
I'm originally from Arlington, TX and the food isn't lousy at all.... people here in VA/MD/DC don't have a clue what mexican food should be and look at you like you're insane when you ask for a praline :(

I, too, am looking forward to getting my taste back so I can quit spicing the hell out of everything I eat.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to use a ton of cilantro and garlic in my cooking. Now, well I've tapered off quite a bit.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Arizona as well.
arizona mexican food though tasty is even worse than Texas when it comes to bland tasteless chili....this from a person who has three generations of arizonians in his family....and who was born in Tucson and writes from Yuma visiting family.They do make great beans and they know how to cook beef.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
arizona mexican food though tasty is even worse than Texas when it comes to bland tasteless chili....this from a person who has three generations of arizonians in his family....and who was born in Tucson and writes from Yuma visiting family.They do make great beans and they know how to cook beef.
This is a seasonal problem. The 'snowbirds' come down every fall and stay until at least April. The local restaurant 'bland down' some of their foods and sauces in order to keep their income up.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a seasonal problem. The 'snowbirds' come down every fall and stay until at least April. The local restaurant 'bland down' some of their foods and sauces in order to keep their income up.
Sorry I grew up crossing from one state to the other visiting family.....New Mexicans grow the best chile, and they grow it for flavor and heat,if your eyes aren't tearing at the table then it's just not good chile......besides none of you t^^ts make sopapillas.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When You're from New Mexico the bar is set much higher for what consitutes good chile.
Thats because if the US was smart we would give the state back to Mexico its pretty useless in the scope of things

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU!! As you can see there are some fun, although crazy, people here. :eek::D

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU!! As you can see there are some fun, although crazy, people here. :eek::D
images

VU Sponsors