Become a Patron!

Tf-r3 help

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello! I just got my tf-r3 triple clapton deck and it's freaking hard as hell to put coils on! I am getting a little spit back and was hoping y'all could help me fix it! I tried to put some regular clapton coils made with some mad rabbit low resistance wire with 26/36 gauge and it wouldn't fit. I did 7 wraps and a 2mms id and it was to wide and the ohms came out to .08 and then ran out of 36 gauge so I just reinstalled the stock spaced claptons and wicked it. Its extremely hard to wick too. I guess I'm gonna have to use regular kanthal as the core and go to 28 gauge wrapped with 36. Any help with wicking or any help or tips on how to make this easier will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Update! I finally got this beast going! I'm in love with it! I wrapped some regular claptons with some 27 gauge kanthal and claptoned it with 36 gauge and wrapped a 7/6 wrap coil around a 2mm bit and as rip trippers says it's a chuckin the vapor! The flavor is unbeatable! Well I guess if you do fused claptons it would beat it. Its a very tricky rba though! I wouldn't recommend this if your building skills aren't that good. I shorted 1 coil out by not checking it. You have got to make sure that the negative lead is not touching anything! Wicking it 5 times I finally got it right. You got to cut the cotton very short! I can't stress this enough. If it's to long the cap won't fit and it will choke it out leading to dry bits and if it's to short it will leak and not wick correctly. I'm sure it will get easier every time because it was easier after I slept on it and calmed my nerves. All in all if your looking for something that gives great clouds and flavor then this is it but it's definitely not easy! Hope y'all enjoy my review! Let me know if y'all have any questions!

VU Sponsors