TFA Recipes

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bill's 100DT Method Explained.docx - OP link, great read.

Highlight:

So if you're mixing these "HFM's" for the shelf, drop the %... a lot? He doesn't compare his %'s with a steeped, stable "LFM," only describes his work-around for steeping during testing.

I will relay this to Bill as he doesn't get out this way, but I'm sure he will, as he is very busy with his work and all...

I do know that Bill has addressed this question many times and his answer just eludes me at this moment....

Last edited:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I shouldn't complain though, it's great info.

He's developed the HFM/LFM concept well (new to me) and it would behove me to finish what's in the OP for starters and lurk his profile on ECF a bit, assuming threads on this stuff still exist. Thanks Bill, wherever you are :)

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The problem with this theory is that after a few days, a mix with 20-30% is just unvapable.

Bill is still posting over on ecf. Are you his VU spokesperson?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried downloading the TFA Recipes .zip file and for some reason it will not unzip for me.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you still having issues with the zip file?

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The problem with this theory is that after a few days, a mix with 20-30% is just unvapable.

We both post there. Bill and I maintain the drop box referred to as well in this thread.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We both post there. Bill and I maintain the drop box referred to as well in this thread.
If you want to call me that....lol...

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ITT - do you know a good tfa recipe for sugar cookie?

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny you should ask....actually no..lol...Bill, nor anyone I've asked had posted one using TFA flavors..Bill doesn't have one.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
RocketPuppy I look at all of Bill's recipes and just know I have to cut them down lol:confused: He does seem to know what he is doing as far as the mixes he makes. I just either divide by 4 or 3 to get closer to my flavoring level;) I have saved quite a few of his recipes in ejuicemeup - I put the recipe as is in my notes and when I go to try them I will cut them back percentage wise - hope this helps:D

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RocketPuppy I look at all of Bill's recipes and just know I have to cut them down lol:confused: He does seem to know what he is doing as far as the mixes he makes. I just either divide by 4 or 3 to get closer to my flavoring level;) I have saved quite a few of his recipes in ejuicemeup - I put the recipe as is in my notes and when I go to try them I will cut them back percentage wise - hope this helps:D

Glad you like them!

Taste is so subjective and like anything else especially as with recipes, they are guides.

I mean when you try a new food recipe, everyone almost always tweaks it a bit for their desired taste differences, likes and of course dislikes.

I mean when it comes to food I cannot stand cinnamon in anything that is not like a desert or such, yet a lot of chefs use cinnamon in many foods, if I find a recipe for whatever and it has even a trace of cinnamon in it, I can taste it, so I don't use it in anything that is not like a "baked good" or similar...

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

My son has been using some Flavor West Sugar Cookie and he loves it!

I will get his recipes and post them!

No one said "Just TFA here", I mean there are some flavors and or renditions of flavors that TFA either does not have, or they just don't cut it no matter what.

There are a few I think in the DropBox that have (are) recipes that have the designation of FW, or FA, or CAP by an ingredient indicating that another companies flavor was used in conjunction with the TFA recipe...

No rules, just Right!

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Bill speaks for Bill.

We are friends and while he is the mixologist, I am the chemist and IT dOOd...LOL

He is fully aware of the thread, but he has less time than I do, and leaves VU to me.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Dixie!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My son has been using some Flavor West Sugar Cookie and he loves it!

I will get his recipes and post them!

No one said "Just TFA here", I mean there are some flavors and or renditions of flavors that TFA either does not have, or they just don't cut it no matter what.

There are a few I think in the DropBox that have (are) recipes that have the designation of FW, or FA, or CAP by an ingredient indicating that another companies flavor was used in conjunction with the TFA recipe...

No rules, just Right!
FW Will never go on my mod. It just wont, I associate it with my baker.t baker juice is the only juice I've used to make my physically ill

I went with capella on the sugar cookie :)

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FW Will never go on my mod. It just wont, I associate it with my baker.t baker juice is the only juice I've used to make my physically ill

Personally I pretty much stick to TFA and Capella...kids...LOL

Nicoticket makes some baked goods, cookie type blends from time to time that people love, however I have no idea who sources their flavors....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Personally I pretty much stick to TFA and Capella...kids...LOL

Nicoticket makes some baked goods, cookie type blends from time to time that people love, however I have no idea who sources their flavors....
Not a fan of the nicoticket either, but I read somewhere that they use FA

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not a fan of the nicoticket either, but I read somewhere that they use FA

I love his Betelgeuse fruit blend! Gotta copy cat it..LOL

They're big into tobacco blends, and I'm not a fan boy of that...

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

What is it about FW that is bad?

Just curious ('Ive only used one flavor as a very minimal accent in one recipe I have....)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What is it about FW that is bad?

Just curious ('Ive only used one flavor as a very minimal accent in one recipe I have....)
That's what Mt Baker uses and Mt Baker literally makes me puke my insides out

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, never tried their juices...guess I'm lucky..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mt. Baker said said awhile ago that they stopped using FW.

Well, not sure when that would have happened but if its to nasty for them, then its definitely to nasty for me. Haha

Ah, never tried their juices...guess I'm lucky..
I tried 10 of them. I felt like I was vaping port-0-let juice at mardigras.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have many FW flavors. The Strawberry, Sweet Cream and Key Lime I use the most. The Key Lime is super good if you like Key Lime.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
f1r3b1rd was looking for a good sugar cookie recipe, and my boy did one with TFA and FW I'll post up here laterz...

Darn good!

It's Cinnamon Sugar Cookie, but it is spot on!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
f1r3b1rd was looking for a good sugar cookie recipe, and my boy did one with TFA and FW I'll post up here laterz...

Darn good!

It's Cinnamon Sugar Cookie, but it is spot on!
I have that one, not a fan of the cinnamon

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ahhhhhhh.... OK.
The cinnamon part is not my thing.

Gives me flashbacks to a terrible goldschlager experience

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ahhhhhhh.... OK.
The cinnamon part is not my thing.

Gives me flashbacks to a terrible goldschlager experience

I'll get the recipe, just leave the cinnamon out, no not snickerdoodle.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I put it up on the DropBox, It's a copy of No. 32 E-Liquid by Beard Vape Co.

It'd definitely not a Snickeldoodle, and has mostly FW flavors in it.

It has pretty much a Cinnamon base to it...

It's defined or marketed as a Cinnamon Funnel Cake

I added some Capella Super Sweet to it

Last edited:

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
f1r3b1rd,

How's ya' like my sig banner!

:eek:

This ought to get the Provari fan boys flaming!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hahahaha!!!!!!
I have one on the way.... don't ask.

-I have enough real gear to justify it

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hahahaha!!!!!!
I have one on the way.... don't ask.

-I have enough real gear to justify it

I send ya the banner, you can add your own claim to fame.....LOL

Oh man I love it, it just needs to go to .3Ω and 30 watts!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I send ya the banner, you can add your own claim to fame.....LOL

Oh man I love it, it just needs to go to .3Ω and 30 watts!
I was loaded, I don't vape anything close to 20w, I'm scratching my head trying to four out what to put on it

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was loaded, I don't vape anything close to 20w, I'm scratching my head trying to four out what to put on it

I use a Kanger with a 1Ω until I get the firmware flashed next week.

I just knocked it over on my table and broke the fricken tank!

ARGHHHHHH!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol...I dont like kanger at all. I tried a subtank, wasn't for me.
I do have a kf4 clone (not dropping 180 on authentic out of principal ) and an erlkoenigin but its only 21mm
Even after the upgrade 20w wont push the Atlantis worth a shit and those I do have and like

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice work. It'd be good to have all the recipes converted to text documents, as I can't open the .rec files (OS X, don't use a calculator). However, I'm glad to see Bill's recipes surfacing over here, as he was one of the guys I miss from ECF. We don't entirely agree on mixing but I have a lot of respect for his methodology and commitment to helping new DIYers, and I see the value in HFM that some snobbishly overlook.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice work. It'd be good to have all the recipes converted to text documents, as I can't open the .rec files (OS X, don't use a calculator). However, I'm glad to see Bill's recipes surfacing over here, as he was one of the guys I miss from ECF. We don't entirely agree on mixing but I have a lot of respect for his methodology and commitment to helping new DIYers, and I see the value in HFM that some snobbishly overlook.

Well it's like this:

Bill and I are pretty fried on ECF and forums in general...too many trolls and ass hats that KNOW everything and want to push their ways as the only ways...

However we both know there are a lot of great people out there and we don't mind sharing our experiences, knowledge, "D" all or any of the above.

Bill is a master mixologist, and engineer, I am a chemist, and engineer, between the two of us we share a wealth of knowledge and don't mind helping others along the way, the problem we both have is that we don't like being told we don't know what we are talking about or someone taking credit for someone else' work.

Please share and add as you like and I will be happy to add your recipes to the drop box if you like!

Thanks for the compliments and a heart felt WELCOME!

Cheers!

It

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's like this:

Bill and I are pretty fried on ECF and forums in general...too many trolls and ass hats that KNOW everything and want to push their ways as the only ways...

However we both know there are a lot of great people out there and we don't mind sharing our experiences, knowledge, "D" all or any of the above.

Bill is a master mixologist, and engineer, I am a chemist, and engineer, between the two of us we share a wealth of knowledge and don't mind helping others along the way, the problem we both have is that we don't like being told we don't know what we are talking about or someone taking credit for someone else' work.

Please share and add as you like and I will be happy to add your recipes to the drop box if you like!

Thanks for the compliments and a heart felt WELCOME!

Cheers!

It
Seriously, thanks!

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll keep looking....all kinds of pound cakes and Danish, but no simple sugar or cinnamon sugar cookies....go figure.

There is a #32 recipe on the site that replicates a Beard Vapor mix, which is essentially a cinnamon churro (a Mexican pastry) it is quite good if you like cinnamon, however it is primarily FW flavors.

I can't remember if it mentions adding any sweetener, but 2 drops of Capella Super Sweet to 30ml works perfectly!

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a #32 recipe on the site that replicates a Beard Vapor mix, which is essentially a cinnamon churro (a Mexican pastry) it is quite good if you like cinnamon, however it is primarily FW flavors.

I can't remember if it mentions adding any sweetener, but 2 drops of Capella Super Sweet to 30ml works perfectly!
I can only see the Beard Sugar Cookie recipe you mentioned but am interested in looking at all spanish donut recipes--I'm a little bit obsessed with churros atm. It may have something to do with being on a low carb diet... Do you know the filename?

VU Sponsors