TFA Recipes

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can only see the Beard Sugar Cookie recipe you mentioned but am interested in looking at all spanish donut recipes--I'm a little bit obsessed with churros atm. It may have something to do with being on a low carb diet... Do you know the filename?

Yes it's the 32 Beard, it is a file all by its self, not in any sub folders, it's really not considered a sugar cookie or cinnamon sugar cookie as I may have stated in a earlier post. #32 is more like a cinnamon churro, it kind of has that fried flavor in it that churros have, but in a very good way.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes it's the 32 Beard, it is a file all by its self, not in any sub folders, it's really not considered a sugar cookie or cinnamon sugar cookie as I may have stated in a earlier post. #32 is more like a cinnamon churro, it kind of has that fried flavor in it that churros have, but in a very good way.
Ok, I see now - yes. I hadn't opened the document I thought was "sugar cookie". thanks!

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got it from my son, and I think he noted the flavors as FW that are not TFA'...

It is really quite good!

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I see now - yes. I hadn't opened the document I thought was "sugar cookie". thanks!

I did notice some things in the REC file I corrected, which I of course think anyone using it would....

I Zeroed out the flavors VG/PG and made the VG base at 100% (which is what I use) and the final mix at 20 PG 80 VG

Of course all of these values are user adjustable to suit your personal mixing!

Lastly don't forget about the sweetener!

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please send a special shout out to Bill from me for his 100DT, this allowed be to develop 2 new recipes in les than 45 minutes last w-e! You yo uthink about it , it's so simple and avoids waiting 3 weeks to see what your juice is gonna taste like.

I took one of my recipe that has been sitting for over 3 weeks now and tried the 100DT. Did a side by side blind test, and could barely taste the difference.

Thanks again! this technic is a real Gem !!

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please send a special shout out to Bill from me for his 100DT, this allowed be to develop 2 new recipes in les than 45 minutes last w-e! You yo uthink about it , it's so simple and avoids waiting 3 weeks to see what your juice is gonna taste like.

I took one of my recipe that has been sitting for over 3 weeks now and tried the 100DT. Did a side by side blind test, and could barely taste the difference.

Our pleasure and very happy you like it!

He' da' man...dOOd knows his mixing, that's for sure!

I'll be sure to pass your note along!

It

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just want to mention this thread is not limited to TFA recipes, no hand slapping here, no sir re bob!

If you have a great recipe and it has three different companies flavorings in it, SHARE IT!

This is why I am here, NO BS! There are just too many ass hats on ECF! I only frequent that place because of the friends, yes real friends that I actually have known for years, not just forum friends, I have REALLY meet a good many of those folks!

Hopefully if any of you live near TN I may get to meet you! I do travel a lot for work so that gives me many opportunities to meet many people!

I mean I'm sure I would have had my hands already slapped over my sig! ECF is run by the brits and cannooks, nothing bad meant, but they ain't Amelikans!

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
has anyone tried fruit circles w/milk?? any idea on what would mix well with it or any idea on starting % cheers- TIA

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
has anyone tried fruit circles w/milk?? any idea on what would mix well with it or any idea on starting % cheers- TIA
Kiwi is that you?????!!!

Anyway... I thought about it, but wasn't a huge fran of fruit circles from tfa

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yea, iv tasted it as a stand alone with no nic at 8%.. taste like the milk at the bottom of your cereal bowl... kind of nice but def needs something else..

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yea, iv tasted it as a stand alone with no nic at 8%.. taste like the milk at the bottom of your cereal bowl... kind of nice but def needs something else..
Hmmm, their silly rabbit is a little more my speed. Im totally digging that with about 6% of malted milk.

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone tried Cream Fantastico in the recipe list?

itTechey,
I have learned alot from you and Bill over at ECF found this thread and see you guys have moved so I have also.
I have only been vaping since Feb this year and started DIY almost right away.
I have to say that my DIY is well mostly making the recipes from the list my ADV's are bills chocolate cream pie, cream brulee and I mix 50/50 Bills apple danish and cinnamon danish both without cream cheese icing for a Apple Fritter awesome.
Anyways I was wondering if you and Bill could maybe put together a list for us noobs that actually want to learn. The list I am thinking of would be 1. a list with TFA flavors and what they taste like and are used best for such as banana vs ripe banana or wild blueberry vs blueberry vs blueberry extra that would help to know what they taste like so we could pick the right one lol. and 2. the magic mixology info some I have gathered here in there but it would be nice to have a building block type list such as what bill said once sweat cream and sweetener mixed give a taste like the cream filling in a twinkie and bavarian cream and cotton candy give the taste of the inside of a danish. Those were statements I picked up that bill said but I am sure there are alot more of those types of combos that you guys just know right from the start that would really be good info to memorize and know. Maybe I ask to much I have just found in my years that when someone knows more than you that you should learn as much as you can from them as you will be further ahead and there knowledge will often help you from losing focus and giving up ( not to mention it makes the learning curve a lot shorter). Thanks for the info you guys have given and any and all info you will give.
Berry

ItTechy,
So I tried Bills twinkie recipe and well I mixed it exactly as posted in the zip file.
Vanilla cup cake 14% (I am using the DX version) I dont think I will buy DX anything from now on I just didnt know alot when I order all my stuff now I have come to realize that the Diketone thing is well to me not a big deal after all I did smoke for 25 years.
Back to the recipe so:
Vanilla cupcake 14% Bavarian cream 6% (again DX) Sweet cream 6% Sweetener 4%
Here are the notes I made after tasting it 20 min after mixing
"I dont know it has a bitter chemical taste numbs my tongue a little (tastes kinda like if you taste the TFA flavorings on your finger straight from the bottles but milder) either to much cupcake or bavarian cream and not really sweet or maybe the sweet is just over powered by the chemical bitter taste"
I noted to much vanilla cupcake or bavarian cream because the vape taste is very much like those taste if you taste it straight from the TFA bottles (yes I have done this not good dont do it). The reason I put this up is you said earlier in this thread about chemical/floral being not enough flavoring but at 14% that cant be the problem maybe its the DX. I also have the same problem with Bills Chocolate cake I know you and bill know your stuff not questioning that just trying to learn what and why if its the DX please let me know as I have a similar problem with the gelato in recipes that call for ice cream.

Thanks

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks all for all your support!

I and Bill are super busy with work!

If you have any recipes that you would like added to the DropBox please PM them to me!

Happy Friday Bitches!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ItTechy,
So I tried Bills twinkie recipe and well I mixed it exactly as posted in the zip file.
Vanilla cup cake 14% (I am using the DX version) I dont think I will buy DX anything from now on I just didnt know alot when I order all my stuff now I have come to realize that the Diketone thing is well to me not a big deal after all I did smoke for 25 years.
Back to the recipe so:
Vanilla cupcake 14% Bavarian cream 6% (again DX) Sweet cream 6% Sweetener 4%
Here are the notes I made after tasting it 20 min after mixing
"I dont know it has a bitter chemical taste numbs my tongue a little (tastes kinda like if you taste the TFA flavorings on your finger straight from the bottles but milder) either to much cupcake or bavarian cream and not really sweet or maybe the sweet is just over powered by the chemical bitter taste"
I noted to much vanilla cupcake or bavarian cream because the vape taste is very much like those taste if you taste it straight from the TFA bottles (yes I have done this not good dont do it). The reason I put this up is you said earlier in this thread about chemical/floral being not enough flavoring but at 14% that cant be the problem maybe its the DX. I also have the same problem with Bills Chocolate cake I know you and bill know your stuff not questioning that just trying to learn what and why if its the DX please let me know as I have a similar problem with the gelato in recipes that call for ice cream.

Thanks

First off, try cutting the recipe in half as many are too over-flavored for most ppl IMO.
Second: The Vanilla Cupcake and Vanilla Bean Gelato were not very good, to me anyway.
I'd use TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or Cheesecake Graham Crust instead.
TFA Vanilla Swirl is also a better one.

ItTechy,
I get it busy myself but if you could keep the idea in the back of your mind for later I would love to learn the flavors and the mixology magic you and bill have.

Ok so what about the twinkie and chocolate cake issue I posted 4 posts up can you help me with that as I have the same type of issue with other things and if i can get it figured out I think I will have crossed a major hurdle in my DIY learning curve.

Heabob,
I planned to do pretty much what you said cut the recipe in half. Actually with the twinkie recipe I was going to keep everything the same just cut the vanilla cupacke in half. I was also going to try all the flavors I have had issues with this weekend (if time allows) by mixing them up with just VG (I dont add any PG to my juices) and no nic and just start at 1 % flavor and go up 1% until it tastes good (or tastes like that flavor tastes in food or as close as a vape will) and note it and then try to make some recipes with that percent and see if I cant get them to taste good then. Just takes time and well time is something that is thin these days.

So I have cut several recipes in half percentage wise and there really good some were my favorites and now there even better I tried the Jo's peach cobbler from the list and the first time I was ill it made me flash back to childhood days of nasty cough medicine lol. Just cut the peach cobbler in half and now WOW it may actually be one of my top 5 at the moment.

Bill and ItTechy thank you for giving us the info and recipes Heabob thanks for pointing me towards cutting the strength down. Now I have a huge list of recipes that I can really dive into and enjoy.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not an expert mixologist but I think it is best to try all flavorings by themselves so you can come to the percentage of it you like so when you mix it with others you know what it/they taste like aka what they bring to a mix. I have never liked any TFAs over 3% stand alone so I know I can not go over that amount in a mix - hope this helps.;)

Ok quick question My juice seams to be a little harsh from time to time I noticed that if the cotton is nice and wet it is harsh and when its just damp its not harsh (flavor not as intense either) also if I stop vaping for a while like an hour or so the first hit or 3 are harsh I am using a dripper. I have not noticed this problem really with store bought juice all thought I don't really use store bought much only to try new things. I am only using TFA flavors are my flavor %'s maybe still to high? I have tried vaping straight vg/pg and nic and didn't have the harsh problem with wet cotton didn't wait to try it after sitting awhile (I like flavor lol) I am comparing throat hit to store bought of the same nic level in fact some store bought juices are 50/50 and all of mine are 70 vg 30 pg. Any help appreciated looking to master this DIY thing. Ordering a ton of flavors this week to really have an assortment to start working with. I am trying to stay all TFA for now master those and then try another brand.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most flavorings are in a PG base, so if you're using high percents with TFA, you'll have more throat hit from having more PG.

Huckelberried,
I get the pg high percent with throat hit but thats the problem. I am running 70 vg and 30 pg that 30 includes the pg flavoring as I have it set at 100% pg for flavorings in the calc. Also I lowered the percent of flavoring to half what I was using in most recipes and it fixed the medicine / perfume issue and I was vaping a 50/50 mix same nic level of store bought and it was similar in throat hit but after vaping it and coming back an hour later it was no different in throat hit as before but when I vape my juice and stop and come back to it an hour later it often hits real hard first few pulls. I dont really want to lower the flavor as its pretty good now and I think it maybe weak if I go any lower. Most are running at 12 to 15 percent max total flavor now. Im wondering if its not the nic I have is maybe doing something when it sits in the cotton exposed for an hour between vapes. Just trying to get it right as others are wanting me to do stuff for them but I dont want to give them crap juice.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got some of it. It's pretty good. I did it just stand alone but it would be better if a little something was added to it to smooth it out just a tad. I like big flavor so I did this at 20% mind you. Might be better at 10-15

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1 or 2% marshmallow would mellow out the top ends, ie the lemon and it prob wouldn't need any more cream flavors added. thats my guess anyway... think ill mix some up and let it sit for a week or so and see what happens.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heabob,
I planned to do pretty much what you said cut the recipe in half. Actually with the twinkie recipe I was going to keep everything the same just cut the vanilla cupacke in half. I was also going to try all the flavors I have had issues with this weekend (if time allows) by mixing them up with just VG (I dont add any PG to my juices) and no nic and just start at 1 % flavor and go up 1% until it tastes good (or tastes like that flavor tastes in food or as close as a vape will) and note it and then try to make some recipes with that percent and see if I cant get them to taste good then. Just takes time and well time is something that is thin these days.
I have a suggestion for you.
Instead of tinkering with the mix by adding 1% at a time, which is very very time consuming, Consider making a full strength recipe and diluting it in quarters. So first try diluting 3 parts juice with 1 part vg (or vg with nic). Still too strong? Try it half and half.
This has saved me alot of time with getting strong recipes to work.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wouldn't adding pg make it a little more harsh? Thought that added throat hit.
I have a suggestion for you.
Instead of tinkering with the mix by adding 1% at a time, which is very very time consuming, Consider making a full strength recipe and diluting it in quarters. So first try diluting 3 parts juice with 1 part vg (or vg with nic). Still too strong? Try it half and half.
This has saved me alot of time with getting strong recipes to work.

Here from ECF also. Here is a vape I like to go back to very often, seeing as creamy and bakery juices tend to get bland on me.

N
Honey dew 7%
Strawberry 5 %
Nectarine 3.5%
1 drop sweetener per 10 ml (or varied depending on your pref.)

Jerry J

Member For 5 Years

I am not able to find this write up on the 100DT any longer in the Dropbox. Is there a new link to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi all new here, just came over from ecf. I know Bill and look forward to getting to know everybody here. I keep seeing dropbox mentioned here in the thread but when i click it i get 404 error. Is there a link for it? Much thanks and lookig to get to know all.

VU Sponsors