Become a Patron!

hasnain.asd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello Everybody!

Jus got in DIY and I’ve already made some recipes which I found on the net, and they were a success, I got exactly what I expected.

So on March 1st - I wanted to just try out a simple flavour test.. so I’ve got some TFA Watermelon and Watermelon candy and some Sweetener as well, and I thought i’d Mix it up like this:-

1. Watermelon - 1.25%
2. Watermelon Candy - 3.75%

Total 10ml of ejuice.
Total flavour percentage = 5%

Did an immediate shake and vape with 1ml of the mixed liquid.. didn’t get any flavour whatsoever.. just a little sweetness and a chemical-like taste, I went ahead and added 1% sweetener just to sweeten and try to get rid of that chemical-like taste.

Now I let the liquid sit and I tried it out on the 2nd and 3rd of March as well.. still no improvement at all.. so I guessed the flavour percentage was low, and today March 4th - I added some more flavours and PG/VG to convert my liquid which now has total flavour percentage of 10% (Watermelon 2.5% and Watermelon Candy 7.5%) and 2% Sweetener, so basically everything is doubled now.

Did a vape test.. still no difference. I’ve been vaping some of my other stuff and I can get the flavour, so I’ve definitely not got vapers tongue...

Any idea on whats happening? Any suggestion on what to do so that I can taste the watermelon?

Do let me know, Thanks!!

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When testing flavors I like to go by the average percentages being used by others because some flavors are overly strong at 1% and some don't taste like anything at 2%. Imo you should be mixing each of those flavors individually at around 10%, but a little under that if you mix them together.
Check out these links to get a better idea of what percentages people are using these flavors at.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/670
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/15492

hasnain.asd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't been doing DIY for very long so if I am wrong hopefully someone can come into the thread and correct me. I would just mix up 2 separate testers with 8-10% flavoring. One with watermelon then one with watermelon candy. I would skip the sweetener too. This way you get a good sense of what the flavor tastes like by itself. After you have tested them if you want to see what they taste like together you could mix the 2 testers together and it would half the % of each individual flavor but keep the same total flavor %. Then after you test them both together with no sweetener, you could add some sweetener and see how it tastes.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been doing DIY for very long so if I am wrong hopefully someone can come into the thread and correct me. I would just mix up 2 separate testers with 8-10% flavoring. One with watermelon then one with watermelon candy. I would skip the sweetener too. This way you get a good sense of what the flavor tastes like by itself. After you have tested them if you want to see what they taste like together you could mix the 2 testers together and it would half the % of each individual flavor but keep the same total flavor %. Then after you test them both together with no sweetener, you could add some sweetener and see how it tastes.
Good advice. When doing flavor tests its ideal to try them solo.

VU Sponsors