Become a Patron!

Tfv12 issue.

I just got a tfv12 today and after priming it and putting it on my SMOK Alien 220, I went to fire it and I seen a yellow flash/glow from the spot where you adjust the airflow and the little bit of vapor I got tasted horrible. This is my 2nd set-up using the same brand on my mod/tank combo, I am new to the vape scene and I want to know if I am the only one who has experienced this. Also when I look inside of the air flow I can see what looks like an exposed wire/part of the coil.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sounds like the coil shorted on you. I would try another one and if it does it again I would return the tank to the shop.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
On your next attempt try firing it at a very low wattage the first few times.

Like around 30 or 40 watts.
Then if everything works out go up to 60 or 80 for a while and so on...

Thank you guys! I will try these and let you know! I am unable to return the tank to the shop because it was purchased online as a gift for me.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Found out that my coil had a manufacturer defect. Amps and Volts are extremely high compared to my other setup. Any suggestions??

is it the disposable coils or is it the rebuildable section that goes in the tank?

if it's a disposable coil then you need to get a new pack of coils or put a new one in if you have extras.

The leg of the wire from the coil itself could have been sticking out a little bit past the rubber grommet.

You could try taking out the metal contact pin in the bottom of the coil and seeing if one of the two leads of the coil look burnt and if one does you can clip it off a tiny bit with a pair of clippers then put it back together and see if it works.

Just be sure to remember exactly how it goes back together while you are taking it apart.

VU Sponsors