Become a Patron!

TFV12 or TFV8. Which do you prefer?

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a V12 almost since they were released. It's not bad, however, I still find myself vaping the V8 more. I personally don't find that much larger cloud dispersion with the 12 and think the flavor is better with the V8. Just my opinion and taste.
Thoughts?

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't planning on buying the TFV12 even though I love the TFV8. That was until I tried the 12 with the Q4 coil in a vape shop with juice I am familiar with, the flavor alone convinced me I needed this tank. When I got it I used the coil that is pre-installed, not sure the name but it has like 5 or six holes and is the highest wattage. That coil is cool for running at 250 watts that I tried on my Triade but none of those multiple hole coils I have felt were as good as the Q4 coils for airflow and flavor.

I just recently installed a fresh Q4 coil in both my TFV8 and 12 with the same juice and the 12 definitely has better flavor. The flavor was pretty much the same when I was running a Q4 in the 8 and multi coil in the 12, the Q4 is what you need to compare, for me that's were the difference is.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
depends how many watts you want to use and how much vapor. both are really good IMO so it's really a preference thing

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My next tank will probably be the TFV8 CB. I really like my BBs and BBB, but I don't think I need a 12....trying to limit my juice use.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. I have q4 and x4 coils here. I'll give the q4 a try.

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tfv8 with the rba-16 deck (goon clamps) Is awesome, flavor town with framed aliens

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my TFV8's. I have 4 of them and use only the V8-T8 coils. Was thinking of trying the V8-T10 coils but I doubt there would be much difference I already have about 100 spare V8-T8's. I was considering a TFV12, but is there honestly that much difference? Besides juice usage and wattage, that is. I usually run at about 135 watts and go through 4 tanks a day on my TFV8. If the flavor is THAT much better I'll get a few TFV12's, but tell me honestly if it's really worth it or discernible of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Question number 2... are the coils at all interchangeable between the 8 and the 12?

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well crap... already ordered one... I couldn't wait. Still want to know if the coils are interchangeable. They look to be the same size in side by side picks. If so, why couldn't we just put a V12 coil in the TFV8?

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are different size coils for the 12 and 8. The 12 is a larger diameter.
I keep trying but I still prefer the v8.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well damn. I'm glad I just ordered one then. Lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I love my TFV8's. I have 4 of them and use only the V8-T8 coils. Was thinking of trying the V8-T10 coils but I doubt there would be much difference I already have about 100 spare V8-T8's. I was considering a TFV12, but is there honestly that much difference? Besides juice usage and wattage, that is. I usually run at about 135 watts and go through 4 tanks a day on my TFV8. If the flavor is THAT much better I'll get a few TFV12's, but tell me honestly if it's really worth it or discernible of a difference.

I wouldn't say it's a huge flavor difference by any means but I do think the tfv12 edges it out a little

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I can tell, the Tfv12 has 5 coils, and 2 rba bases that are NOT compatible with the Tfv8. The colors and look of the 12 is probably the best on the market, IMO.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Question number 2... are the coils at all interchangeable between the 8 and the 12?

Nope different coils completely

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bmclaurin

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like others have stated, I have both the TF-V12 and the TF-V8. They're both great, but I prefer the TF-V12, particularly with the X4 coil. It's a phenomenal tank. Easily the best pre-made coil setup I've ever tried. I had the TF-V8 a long time before buying the 12. In fact, I was convinced that the 12 was just a cloud chasing novelty, until I tried one at a local B&M. So I broke down and bought one. Best spur of the moment vaping purchase I've made. I've now acquired a GX350 for the sole purpose of efficiently powering this beast. It's just a phenomenal vape. The X4 coil at 150 watts is the sweet spot for me. And the GX350 will push that wattage all day without breaking a sweat.

I have tried them all. I still like my HorizonTech Arctic-V 12. The coils cost much less, 5 for $12, and last over a week. Their 24 wire 0.1Ohm coil puts Smok to shame,

VU Sponsors