Become a Patron!

TFV12 Producing 0 Smoke

vape was perfectly fine, then i wake up go to hit it and it has no restriction but producing hardly any smoke, so i take it apart, check everything it all seems fine, then when screwing the top part back into the coil it goes all sideways and it won't screw it straight. like screwing a water bottle cap back on with broken ridges it was really similar to that but anyways i finally get it all back on 100% tightened down straight and now when i go to hit it, it produces 0 smoke?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No smoke sounds like no power to the coil.

What mod are you using it on?..usually the mod will say "check atomizer" or "short"...Hard to say really without it being in hand to look at it personally.

Is the coil itself screwed in all the way inside the tank..is the 510 pin loose in any way?

No smoke sounds like no power to the coil.

What mod are you using it on?..usually the mod will say "check atomizer" or "short"...Hard to say really without it being in hand to look at it personally.

Is the coil itself screwed in all the way inside the tank..is the 510 pin loose in any way?
220w alien is what im using, what is the 510 pin exactly?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its the little pin in the center where the threads of the tank are.....im not all that familiar with smok products but all tanks have them.

All i can assume is something isnt making proper contact to send power to the coil..thats something youll have to try and figure out in person.

Its the little pin in the center where the threads of the tank are.....im not all that familiar with smok products but all tanks have them.

All i can assume is something isnt making proper contact to send power to the coil..thats something youll have to try and figure out in person.
yeah i just checked its perfectly fine and its firing no problem just like the smoke is getting stuck down in the coil and not coming through or something like that, i just get a minimal amount of vapor and it makes no sense to me

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you have a new coil you can try?...ive never heard of or experienced that problem personally.

Possibly your batteries are run down and need charging?

If your air flow is open and you have no obstruction down into the coil i dont see how the vapor cant make it to the top.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Smoke? Vape mods don't make smoke unless they're malfunctioning. They make VAPOR. It's NOT smoke. Don't feed the ANTZ, who think if it LOOKS like smoke, then it must BE smoke. It's not!

Andria

Do you have a new coil you can try?...ive never heard of or experienced that problem personally.

Possibly your batteries are run down and need charging?

If your air flow is open and you have no obstruction down into the coil i dont see how the vapor cant make it to the top.
everything seems perfect, and no i dont have another coil to try, i ordered a new pack so i can try that out but until then i still dont see any problems

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe you went into a TC mode by mistake?....Wattage moved on you?

If its firing but you arent getting vapor ojt of the drip tip im not sure what that could be really...it may very well be a burned up coil thats firing very weak.

If you can build coils get yourself an rba section for it and run with dual coils...Those v12 coils are way too expensive..lol

Maybe you went into a TC mode by mistake?....Wattage moved on you?

If its firing but you arent getting vapor ojt of the drip tip im not sure what that could be really...it may very well be a burned up coil thats firing very weak.

If you can build coils get yourself an rba section for it and run with dual coils...Those v12 coils are way too expensive..lol
it actually hits sort of now so at least, it will have to do until i get my new setup, the thing is after 3-4 hits the tank gets super hot, that might be how this problem happened im not too sure, just gonna end up selling the setup i do not recommend lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A hot tank is usually not a good thing...Im not really a huge fan of Smok products..i do have a smok TF-RTA and a Smok TFV4 mini but both have a single coil deck in them lol...i also had an Alien and sold it after maybe a few sets of batteries run through it...Just not my type of mod.

Hopefully a new coil solves the problem...if the coil is partially shorting out thats not good for the mod either or batteries so be careful with that.

A hot tank is usually not a good thing...Im not really a huge fan of Smok products..i do have a smok TF-RTA and a Smok TFV4 mini but both have a single coil deck in them lol...i also had an Alien and sold it after maybe a few sets of batteries run through it...Just not my type of mod.

Hopefully a new coil solves the problem...if the coil is partially shorting out thats not good for the mod either or batteries so be careful with that.
thanks for the help man

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also make sure your airflow is open.... It happens far more often than you think that they close of when you screw or unscrew your tank on/off your mod. Happened to me once or twice, shhh don't tell anyone!!! :teehee::giggle::teehee::giggle:

VU Sponsors