Become a Patron!
Okay so I am transitioning over to Rba,Rba, and rdta’s because since I quit smoking and started vaping 4 months ago I’ve stuck to subohm tank girl. I purchased the the smok tfv12 cloud beat king Rba tank and have had it for about 2 months and absolutely adore it and only want to vape it opposed to my other 5 subohm tanks....one problem....it’s starting to work inefficiently and I don’t know what to do! I have had the same coil deck from the dual coil deck it came with in and I’ve just been replacing the coils in it. I’ve rewicked 3 damn times today and at one point while testing the coils to See If they were firing correctly it actually caught fire and a flame was on top of my mod! I’m not getting the same colloid production and it seems like it getting burnt hits but the wicking and juicing are on point for sure and no hot spots, so my question is do I need to replace ten coil deck? And is it because it’s a prebuilt deck? I dont know what to do! I don’t know a lot about my 510 pin but it looks to be intact and I keep up on cleaning and maintenance, so is the deck the problem? I don’t know I am not getting my clouds that I need and my subohm just isn’t doing it for me please someone anyone help!!! Also I would love suggestions and input on which Rdta is best to upgrade to next BUT MOST IMPORTANT ...please HELP me fix my baby!!!

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like you got some trouble with the RBA..
  1. Using the same coils is usually fine but have you cleaned it?
    • You can clean it by glowing the coils then releasing the trigger while dipping it in water.
  2. It should not catch on fire unless your firing it with a dry wick.. have you primed it after rewicking?
Could you share some pics of your setup? That would go a long way to see exactly what you’re doing.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many people say to dip in water but if coil is hot at the time its going to make wire brittle

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many people say to dip in water but if coil is hot at the time its going to make wire brittle
Possibly, but coils don’t last forever anyhow.. this will just help prolong its use. There a whole other section/thread that discusses when to change the coils out..
When in doubt, use new coils is guess.. old coils do affect flavor also..

Looks like you got some trouble with the RBA..
  1. Using the same coils is usually fine but have you cleaned it?
    • You can clean it by glowing the coils then releasing the trigger while dipping it in water.
  2. It should not catch on fire unless your firing it with a dry wick.. have you primed it after rewicking?
Could you share some pics of your setup? That would go a long way to see exactly what you’re doing.
Possibly, but coils don’t last forever anyhow.. this will just help prolong its use. There a whole other section/thread that discusses when to change the coils out..
When in doubt, use new coils is guess.. old coils do affect flavor also..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
I woke up today and I had messed with it all night , this included unscrewing and taking the deck (coil head set up) apart and cleaning the posts, messing with the pin, replaced the coils on the coils head deck again and also my mod finally recognized I replaced the coils (gpriv 2 by smok doesn’t always recognize this and there’s no ohm adj function) and it’s firing better but still the occasional burnt hit, but cotton well soaked throughout and coils are burning evenly....so could it be that the deck/coils head that it came with needs replaced? Because I’ve just been popping the coils out of the posts replacing them but as you see in the picture one side of the post looks Burnt and it’s almost it’s getting power before the other when I’m firing it sometimes....I don’t know wish I knew more....

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Usually when one of the coils is taking more of the load it will darken in color more than the other and faster. Might want to check the clamps and reposition them a little. When doing your burn in make sure they ramp up the same glow evenly. If you have an ohm meter you can see it visually before ever doing a dry fire.

You have to glow a wet coil pretty hot to catch it on fire. Have you considered a smaller coil and something a little simpler? 20 gauge Kanthal A1 does really good on that deck and is very cheap, easy to work with.

I’m using prebuilt right now, I want to build, but I haven’t started yet, I need to get supplies to do it and I wish I had an ohm meter but not yet, I don’t know what the issue is i know one of the clamps is tarnished looks like it’s getting hotter, I tried unscrewing the base of the deck and the pin and clamps started to move around so I stopped due to my lack of knowledge now trying to put the triple coils Rba t on and I’m getting the atomizer short so I’m wondering about my pin....

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I will need to get to mine but it sounds like you have a post loose. I cant recall offhand but you should be able to suck that up by tightening the screw in the middle on the bottom.

I suggest doing more research on building coils, so you can learn all the tricks to doing it safely and correctly! You should get a coil tester only $20. on ebay for a coil master. YouTube has tons of videos from qualified long time vapors!! Just type in ecig or evape in search box. Check out ZophieVapes Shes good and funny!

VU Sponsors