Become a Patron!

TFV4, Crown, Rafale, Cleito ??

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Recently got the Cuboid and its awesome just using the cubis on it for now.. enjoying the cubis but want bigger better tank to play with. what do you think would be a good match for my cuboid? I can not decide on which tank to choose! or any other sub-tank suggestions

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Crown & am loving it. Big flavor & vapor.
The others I have not tried.

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've heard that TFV4 and crown are juice guzzlers

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends what you consider guzzling is.
I vote for the Crown and it's big brother the Rafale. If your looking for huge clouds and big flavor, the Rafale.
I own both! ;)

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
About to post a crown for sale in hardware great tank just don't need three

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cons:
Crown- questionable quality control on the stock coils
TFV4- higher cost coils, and you won't be able to max out the quad coils, should be able to be at or near max for the rest. Also drinks a lot of juice
Rafale- No interchangeable drip tip.

Pros:
Crown- proven to be a top tank over time, quality at a great price tag
TFV4- so many coil options, you get tons of vapor.
Rafale- builds upon the crown with some other neat things.

Haven't heard much about or tried a Cleito.

I'd say go with the crown, you're sure to get your moneys worth, don't think I've heard many say bad things about the Crown, some prefer other options but rarely see much negative about the thing, and at that price (both initial tank purchase and replacement coils) you really can't go wrong.

I think the TFV4 is the best of the bunch with all it's coil options and especially the quality rebuildable kits. However that's simply my opinion and I'd bet you could find a dozen people saying the crown is better without much effort.

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have any experience with the tv4 but I do have and really like the Cleito. I also have a Crown but it has a funky taste that is just starting to diminish after 3 or 4 tanks.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Crown, TFV4 and Cleito all guzzle juice. Right now I am really enjoying the Cleito but you can't go wrong with the Crown as well. I do enjoy the TFV4 with the Clapton or new SS coil, not a big fan of the other TFV4 coils.

My favorite overall tank if the Stentorian Steam Engine with the Clapton Coil, not a fan of the other coils they have. The build quality is better than all the other tanks. The drip tip is a 2 piece which keeps it cool. It is about the same size as the others but holds a whopping 6 mil. It is also the best looking tank IMO, here is a pic of it on my SS Stout:

20160129_092622.jpg

Wide open it is more airy than the Crown or TFV4, the Cleito is the only tank that has more airflow. Flavor wise the Steam Engine and Cleito are my tops.

Last edited:

jat009

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the cleito and right now I think I am starting to like it more than myTFV4. It is super simple and gives off good vapor production and flavor.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Triton 2 is the king-of-the-hill for me paired to my Cuboid but my Crown comes in at a very, very close second. Can't go wrong with either one. How's the Cubis? Been interested in this since the rba came out.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't consider the crown a guzzler lol
I have a LOT of juice and need to Vape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the TFV4 right now. It works very well, and the top fill is really easy to use with something like a unicorn bottle. The biggest surprise is that mine has yet to leak a drop through the airflow holes. I can't say the same for any of my Kangers. I will continue to use the TFV4 with the RBA deck. Having said that, I have a rose gold Crown coming any day. I'm stoked to give it a try...the price was right. As far as juice consumption goes, I expect a tank that can use higher watts to suck down more juice. I make my own, so I really don't even think about it. If consumption is a concern, install a higher ohm coil, and run it at lower power.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Crown is great. A properly primed coil can last at least a month. TFV4 is great, but uses a lot (A LOT) more juice and many of them have leaking issues which require buying replacement O-rings to fix (although this does completely fix the problem, I did it to mine).

Off the wall suggestion? Freemax Scylla. Been using it a lot the past few days since I didn't feel like changing my Crown's coil (been like a month and a half and it's finally starting to drop off in flavor). Top fill is easily the best on the market IMO. Great airflow, and I find the flavor using the stock 0.25 coil to be as good as the Crown. Maybe a bit less vapor compared to the Crown, but not much.

Sammy-Jo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Forgive me if I've dropped into the middle of someone else's conversation but the more I read, the more I think I'm in the right place. Sadly, I don't have anyone who comes around every day or every week for that matter to check up on me or who I can share my vape experiences with outside of doctors' offices, various courthouses where I handle the household tax stuff in order to keep the mortgage w/escrow as low as possible, although I do keep up with teachers, caseworkers, & many others incl'g the hospital staff members of all ranks & offices, but so many others. With regards to the close friends I had before, they just don't come around anymore since learning I was going blind then actually experiencing the progression of it down to almost nothing not to mention the 2 autoimmune diseases where at some point in my life will become fatal when there is nothing left for my body's immune system to attack other than my vital organs. I'm not the thrill-seeking adrenaline junkie who'd eat cold pizza for breakfast while drinking a few shots of the 'hair of the dog that bit me' the previous night then head out for a 10mi run with my dad or go rock climbing, free-diving, scuba diving (tho I tend to stay out of the water when barely sober or still buzzed from the night before), & riding motorcycles I used to love to drive but can't see well enough to do so now. I was the fun, unattached yet flirty barmaid who only wanted to care for a sibling while still paying the bills but also making time to fulfill my own needs. I'm not saying it was perfect but it was who I used to be & part of what kept me in the midst of a crowd. That young woman has been gone along time, esp after my body wasn't capable of keeping up with my brain & my heart. And I don't blame my former friends for not coming around anymore. Nobody wants to stare what can be their own mortality in the face or walk on eggshells out of fear of saying the wrong thing which is totally crazy b/c I think I held the title for inappropriate conversation or remarks. LOL! The one thing I am thankful for though is the person who was either an engineer or even a tinkerer inventor who came up with the e-cigs & e-juice use! I've had to give up so much but with e-cigs, I was able to keep at least 1 vice, albeit I do still steal away with a friend who lives out of state & comes in to see me or I meet her halfway to spend a few weeks with her & we make time to go out to a nice bar with pool table, jukebox, or live band to drink so I feel normal again, at least for a little while... I just hate we live so far apart b/c there's days when I miss her terribly. But I digress...

I have heard the hype about all the tanks thus far or at least many of the most well-known, but I am having issues with a couple along with either the Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit & the Uwell Crown.

I have 2 Kanger Mini's (silver early day release & black one that came with the Subox starter kit) and these 2 leak like a sieve, despite my switching to the Clapton-prebuilt coils. The other tank, the Uwell Crown in black equally leaks badly and like the Kangers, it's leaking from the area around and/or through the airflow controllers. The Kanger Minis seem to be leaking between the openings, albeit slight, but openings nonetheless, between the airflow ring and the top & bottle of it. The Uwell, which was not supposed to leak does too. And YES, I have taken them apart, changed the O-rings & put in new coils but the problem persists.

As you can probably guess, I don't have much in the way of finances but I do budget like mad and I'm always trying to scope out coupon codes or reduction costs in order to purchase what I need such as coils & e-juice but most of my extra income, what little I have, is used for e-juice and then I also send my college-attending daughter a bit of money each month in order to buy a few warmer clothes, toiletries, etc... b/c she doesn't come home every weekend. She does make it home when one of her friends from the class she graduated from attended the same college she did so that helps since she doesn't drive, There's no such thing as public transit where I live except for the highly over-priced cabs who won't even get their asses out of the car to help remove items from the trunk or backseat.

So what I'm hoping to learn is whether there's a fix for the 2 Kanger Minis, which I doubt, or the Uwell Crown or would I be best to try the Cleito by Aspire or the TFV4? I'm not thrilled with the sucking up juice part but if it doesn't leak, that's extra $ in the bank, if you will. Over all it would save me money even if it's in more e-juice as long as it's vaped vs losing it to this abnormal leaking?

Also, has anyone else experienced a problem with regards to the dimpling in of the positive side of batteries either from the Kanger Subox or from the NiteCore I4 (4-bay) battery charger b/c each of my batteries, except the ones I save for a large mod, which is heavy in my hands & w/arthritic & painful hands it's not easy to maneaver it as well as keep the opening of the airflow hole tilted backwards so my e-juice doesn't spill out of the hole so badly?

Any assistance is welcome...

Sammy-Jo

I don't have any experience with the tv4 but I do have and really like the Cleito. I also have a Crown but it has a funky taste that is just starting to diminish after 3 or 4 tanks.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The other tank, the Uwell Crown in black equally leaks badly and like the Kangers, it's leaking from the area around and/or through the airflow controllers.

I've got a black and a stainless steel Crown and have never had one leak on me. A few ideas - 1) when filling through the top, close the airflow first. 2) I have noticed that if you knock it pretty good (i.e. it's in my pocket and smacks into a table or something) it can cause the coil to come slightly out of alignment, dropping some juice into the bottom. Done enough over time you may get leakage. 3) the coil might burn out really quick if you don't prime it, and this might lead to a bit of leaking. 4) when not in use, close off the airflow to retain the internal vacuum. I only remember to do this about half the time so it may not be as important but it can't hurt.

To troubleshoot, I'd take it apart, clean everything, and then reassemble. Don't get everything too tight, or the O-rings will deform and you'll possibly end up leaky. Check your coil - if it's burnt out, change it for a new one. Prime it by sticking some liquid into the top, adding more and letting it soak in until you see the cotton in the juice holes start to get wet. Then insert into tank, close off airflow, and fill through the top. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so to really saturate, then start by taking a few hits around 30W, gradually working your way up in 5 W increments until you find a good spot (I like the 0.25 ohm coil at 80W). If this all works right, the coil should easily last you a month.

TFV4? Probably not the best idea for vaping on a budget, as it will use a CRAPLOAD more juice!

Sammy-Jo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SOC:

Thank you for the amazing response & the even more amazing descriptions as to what to do (so few realize how hard it is to picture something in your head based on what you can feel but not see so again, thank you sooooo very much).

Since my 1st issue with leaking of the Kanger Mini tanks & the Uwell Crown (I try to find as much as possible in black out of force of habit b/c I used to wear a lot of black, but at least it's still true that black goes with everything), I have kept the airflow controller holes closed when filling b/c I fear the liquid to leak.

You absolutely answered my greatest fear with regards to the TFV4 and it's drinking down e-juice. If I could trust myself & find enough adaptive, audible beakers & such as well as having the vendor I might would buy the liquids from to mark them in a special way so I'd be able to tell them apart, then perhaps I might be able to mix my own e-juice but even with all the precautions in place, I can still far too easily make a mistake in confusing bottles and that is just a recipe for disaster regardless as to how much I think I'd enjoy it and even attempting to make coils.

With regards to knocking the units or rather the tanks, I do have a habit of accidentally bumping my e-cigs w/tanks attached of course, onto the floor; hwr, I have carpet with 8lb padding under it. It's not brand new carpet or padding but it's still in good shape b/c I have a specific rule that nobody wear's shoes in the house. (think of it as more a cultural thing than anything else; hwr, despite cultural reasons, it does keep the carpet in better shape & less debris from outdoors making it indoors) Could a fall onto carpet with 8lb padding cause much damage? It's knocked around my Aerotank & Pro Tank original, 2, 3, & Aerotank, Aerotank w/airflow controller on it & it never harmed any of those; hwr, I realize that by comparing these separate types of tanks are a lot like comparing apples to oranges. Regardless, if this happens to not work, could the problem be the result of dropping it on my carpet so many times? I am losing grip strength in my hands & my notebook sits on a Table-Mate Table b/c the former laptop table I bought came apart inside of about 6mos & this thing has worked for some 5yrs or more now. It's just a bit wobbly b/c of how the leg design is made. I'd love to get my hands on a table made like those used in hospital rooms but made for residential environments b/c I'd fear the base wouldn't fit below my couch floor level or it wouldn't drop low enough for me to use it. I can't sit at a desk anymore due to the spinal damage in my back so this is a nice little compromise even if it's not the best of conditions. I must say though it has never dumped my notebook on the floor so it's held up for at least one of the reasons these tables were designed. LOL!

Thank you for your help. I can't express how much I appreciate it. Do you have any idea as to what can be causing the dimpling of my batteries? I haven't been able to find anything on the subject online but there are times when my screen reader doesn't pick up everything. I can't help but wonder if it's the Subox b/c I didn't have this issue prior to it and I had the NiteCore I4 (4-bay battery charger) a lot longer than the Kanger Subox. Some of the batteries are really indented pretty bad. They are not connecting well with the electrodes on the charger.

FYI: I tend to vape the 0.5 coils and start around 20w then work upwards to 30-40w but if I go higher than that, the drip tip to the Uwell gets so hot I have to let it cool down despite not taking heavy hits from it but the drip tip is so hot it can cause a burn. The liquid seems capable of taking it but the tank's drip tip just can't seem to keep up. I do have a new set of Uwell coils with 4 coils remaining in the pack. I was able to get them on sale through Lightning Vapes & the first one seems to work well enough, it's just when I get to higher wattage vaping, the tip gets too hot to use. Wish it had a cooler material drip tip for it.

Thank you again.

I've got a black and a stainless steel Crown and have never had one leak on me. A few ideas - 1) when filling through the top, close the airflow first. 2) I have noticed that if you knock it pretty good (i.e. it's in my pocket and smacks into a table or something) it can cause the coil to come slightly out of alignment, dropping some juice into the bottom. Done enough over time you may get leakage. 3) the coil might burn out really quick if you don't prime it, and this might lead to a bit of leaking. 4) when not in use, close off the airflow to retain the internal vacuum. I only remember to do this about half the time so it may not be as important but it can't hurt.

To troubleshoot, I'd take it apart, clean everything, and then reassemble. Don't get everything too tight, or the O-rings will deform and you'll possibly end up leaky. Check your coil - if it's burnt out, change it for a new one. Prime it by sticking some liquid into the top, adding more and letting it soak in until you see the cotton in the juice holes start to get wet. Then insert into tank, close off airflow, and fill through the top. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so to really saturate, then start by taking a few hits around 30W, gradually working your way up in 5 W increments until you find a good spot (I like the 0.25 ohm coil at 80W). If this all works right, the coil should easily last you a month.

TFV4? Probably not the best idea for vaping on a budget, as it will use a CRAPLOAD more juice!

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for the amazing response & the even more amazing descriptions as to what to do (so few realize how hard it is to picture something in your head based on what you can feel but not see so again, thank you sooooo very much).

No problem!

Since my 1st issue with leaking of the Kanger Mini tanks & the Uwell Crown (I try to find as much as possible in black out of force of habit b/c I used to wear a lot of black, but at least it's still true that black goes with everything), I have kept the airflow controller holes closed when filling b/c I fear the liquid to leak.

Keeping the airflow closed during filling a top-fill tank is pretty much required. Some tanks, like my Crown ironically, don't seem to care much if you forget, but others, like the Starre Pro, damn near pour juice right out the bottom if you forget.

And yes, black hardware is great. The last five tanks or RDAs I've bought - all black LOL

You absolutely answered my greatest fear with regards to the TFV4 and it's drinking down e-juice.

Yes, it drinks juice like no other tank I've used. It's because the coil heads are so much larger than in other tanks, there's a lot more wire in there to heat up juice and create vapor. Some of the coils aren't as thirsty as others, but I use the ultra-obnoxious TF-T8 octuple Clapton coil and it KILLS juice. Flavor and vapor production are fantastic though, so as an intermittent vape it's pretty good all things considered.

If I could trust myself & find enough adaptive, audible beakers & such as well as having the vendor I might would buy the liquids from to mark them in a special way so I'd be able to tell them apart, then perhaps I might be able to mix my own e-juice but even with all the precautions in place, I can still far too easily make a mistake in confusing bottles and that is just a recipe for disaster regardless as to how much I think I'd enjoy it and even attempting to make coils.

Actually, if you buy the supplies, making your own coils is ridiculously cheaper in the long run. So is making juice apparently, but I haven't gotten there yet. Figured I'd start with coils and progress to juice as part of my survival strategy when the government inevitably becomes obnoxious.

Could a fall onto carpet with 8lb padding cause much damage? It's knocked around my Aerotank & Pro Tank original, 2, 3, & Aerotank, Aerotank w/airflow controller on it & it never harmed any of those; hwr, I realize that by comparing these separate types of tanks are a lot like comparing apples to oranges. Regardless, if this happens to not work, could the problem be the result of dropping it on my carpet so many times?

When my Crown goes nuts and drips some juice into the bottom, I've noticed that it doesn't need to be any real sort of impact to cause it. Dropping it a lot might be what's causing the leaking. Padded carpet will at least probably prevent the glass from breaking! One thing I've noticed is that if I hit it hard enough to cause a bit of seepage into the bottom, the ohm readout goes up 0.02 to 0.05 ohms on my mod. If it's at 0.25 to start with, it might jump to 0.27 or even 0.30 or so after a solid knock. Getting liquid into the bottom can cause the connection to misread the resistance of the coil. Take it apart, wash out the bottom, and it drops back to 0.25.

Do you have any idea as to what can be causing the dimpling of my batteries? I haven't been able to find anything on the subject online but there are times when my screen reader doesn't pick up everything. I can't help but wonder if it's the Subox b/c I didn't have this issue prior to it and I had the NiteCore I4 (4-bay battery charger) a lot longer than the Kanger Subox. Some of the batteries are really indented pretty bad. They are not connecting well with the electrodes on the charger.

I have no idea? I just put four 18650s into my NiteCore D4 and checked them all out, and I don't see any issues with the batteries or the charger. I'd check the connectors inside the Subox, they might be deformed and causing the issue. I will say that if the batteries are deformed you might want to replace them to avoid any sort of failure in the future.

FYI: I tend to vape the 0.5 coils and start around 20w then work upwards to 30-40w but if I go higher than that, the drip tip to the Uwell gets so hot I have to let it cool down despite not taking heavy hits from it but the drip tip is so hot it can cause a burn. The liquid seems capable of taking it but the tank's drip tip just can't seem to keep up. I do have a new set of Uwell coils with 4 coils remaining in the pack. I was able to get them on sale through Lightning Vapes & the first one seems to work well enough, it's just when I get to higher wattage vaping, the tip gets too hot to use. Wish it had a cooler material drip tip for it.

That's a bit odd. I use the 0.25 ohm coils up to 80 W and have never found the drip tip to be hot. Hell, I vape the TFV4 at 140 W and it takes a while to really heat up (the drip tip, not the tank - the tank gets hot pretty fast). I wonder if this isn't a problem related to your deformed batteries not working right? One idea - take the Crown apart. Like, all the way apart. There should be a point in the middle of the tank where it screws together, so there's a top and bottom piece that hold the glass in place, if that makes sense. I think there may be an o-ring in that spot. There should also be one where the coil hits against the chimney in the tank. If either of those are missing, that might provide another metal-to-metal contact to transfer heat up the chimney and to the drip tip. That's about the only thing I can think of that'd be causing the drip tip to overheat. Barring that, it's a standard 510 drip tip, you could always buy a new one to try.

Anybody else out there have any ideas about the overheating drip tip or the battery issue?

Sammy-Jo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oddly enough, people who know me now vs the me before I began losing my sight often find it hard to believe I ran in karting races (ethanol-fueled), kept a sweet Ninja motorcycle, which my dad (former step-dad, but he was the man I knew as Dad, versus the mean alcoholic who was only interested in beating on kids & women) hated. He would plead daily for me to at least take my sibling-turn-son to school using my truck but the truck guzzled gas, which is why I tooled around on my bike & it could go places cars/trucks couldn't. Plus, the truck sat a good 2ft or higher off the ground from the base & despite wearing 6in stilettos, I had to pull myself up into the seat but it was nice in winter b/c it had 4wd switch over from inside the cab & it was a stick shift so I could go places w/o landing in a ditch or if I did, I could get out of a ditch easier than others too. I learned early on when I first started riding motorcycles that when you lay down a bike or wipe out for whatever reason, it's easier on the skin in leather than in denim. LOL! Major adrenaline junkie back in the day. Plus, I picked up a lot work as a barmaid in nightclubs & pubs in addition to hustle pool since before I hit my teens. Honestly, I still miss working in a nightclub or pub where most of the clientele are regulars that you get to know, even if I didn't stay in one place for long. (long story...)

There is this new coil thing that is supposed to allow a person to load the end of the wire into the pen-like gadget then after x number of twists, you cut it and it's a ready-made-coil but the set comes with like 3 caps for different types of ohm-rating coils I'm presuming. I'm hoping to get a chance to give it a try first chance I get but I hope to have my fully sighted daughter at home with me to walk me through it so I can do it myself when she's back on campus.

I actually did have my Uwell Crown pour out liquid on me but it was my own idiotic fault b/c I wasn't paying attention. I'm almost ashamed to even bring it up but I had taken the unit apart, cleaned it thoroughly, incl'g using a tissue and/or Q-tip in the base to sop up all the juice that collected inside along with the water I used to rinse it out. After the parts were dry, I came back and put it together just as I took it apart; I'm pretty meticulous in that manner but it's mostly 'blindness survival 101.' and something you figure out pretty quick. I thought I had every step taken care of until I went to add the e-juice then took the unit apart again and that's when I realized I had the new coil sitting on the opposite side of the bathroom sink where I had a small hand towel laid inside the bowl in case anything came loose that shouldn't. And of all freaking things I forget to add: That damned coil! I felt like such an idiot! I MEAN OF ALL THINGS TO FORGET TO PUT BACK IN A TANK? THE COIL! I just kept shaking my head but the whole while thankful I had held it over a sake bowl so it caught all the juice and I didn't lose much. I've never made that mistake since!

The gov't's desire to treat adults as if we are their children just pisses me off to no end! I was the parent of my sibling-turn-son when he was born to this very day and it won't change, not even when my time to cross over begins. I was a better parent than both of them combined... I hate it when some gov't official tries to push me back as if I'm a child in need of a parent when I had crappy parents who didn't provide for my sibling or me; it turned out to be my job including buying groceries to cook, school clothes, supplies, covering field trips, lunch money, etc... & protecting him from our abusive alcoholic birth father & enabler of a birth mother who worked 6-7 nights a week on double shifts to avoid her husband & the beatings she left him to take out on us. so when the gov't attempts to push, I tend to push back and that has gotten me into some hot water with a couple of judges back in the day but I have no regrets with regards to bumping authority; it feels as if I have been doing it my entire life.

I'm like you, I want to learn to make coils but I'll have to start checking into audible ohm meters b/c my daughter won't be an undergrad forever & I have all ideas she will choose to become a tiger for various newspapers and magazines, if not the tiger and the columnist b/c she is obtaining a double major in English & Communications with a minor in photography but her photos, according to the editor at the college newspaper, were by far the best work she'd ever seen, even from 4th year, almost ready to graduate, veteran students who majored in photography. I can't nor should she build a life around me. I want her to travel. I did but I want her to travel much farther than I did and do so without dragging a sibling around with her, which thankfully she won't be. Yet at the same time, I want to keep her safe & protect our rights today so they're not stripped away when she is an adult and truly understands the way the system works and why a civil war between the 98% and the 2%'ers. Believe me, I stay in my district's congress people's face with letters & phone calls to the point where they hate to even hear me calling. LOL!

I am a believer in the fact that if a person can sign up to join the military, be sent into combat areas where they kill other people and hope they make it home, then they should have the right to walk into any pub in this country to buy a damned beer or have a smoke, have a vape, have a toke, or have meaningless sex if that's what they want but also, every person who votes should have the same rights. But, even more so, we should have the right to control our own lives, within reason of course b/c law & order must be maintained, but this bitchfest between the gov't and vapers is over nothing more than the fact that these fat cat millionaire politicians are losing their cash cows and that shouldn't give them the right to come after us all b/c they can't make bank. Perhaps it's time they put their own money where they keep those flapping jaws and keep their g-damned hands out of our pockets and out of the pockets of amazing vendors who care about quality b/c there are so many...

Before I forget, I know the o-rings you mentioned on the Uwell. I will check them again but I do remember feeling them the first time I took it apart b/c it was all new. I try to make sure I check each time I tear them down but sometimes I forget.

Thanks for the advice and the assistance. Truly, it is much appreciated. Oh, and if I can get transportation sometime this week, if we don't get icy crap b/c it's coming here or so the weather people are saying, perhaps the older man at the vape store near me can check the posts to make sure they haven't warped or anything. I heard that can happen on occasion so best safe than sorry. The only thing I hate about the store nearest to me is the fact they don't carry the primary brands that are tried by true by the masses and I don't like guessing with regards to e-liquids or putting high PG in an obvious higher-required VG sub-ohm, if you know what I mean.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own them all and the obvious answer is the Herakles Plus....

Seriously though, I'd go with the TFV4.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sammy Jo thank you for sharing your post it's very insightful of life and human nature as a whole.
I want to be here for you if you ever need anyone to talk to.
Huge hugs to you!
I have RA and it's not fun,I'm able to see very well but my hearing is not great!
I worked as well in a bar but as a go go dancer for 16,5 years lol!! Amazing how things change...
I will try the cleito

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy-Jo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Nancy: It's great to hear from you. I'm not writing a lot today b/c I'm caught btw bouts of breaking into tears, a Lupus flare from hell, & the Lupus & Fibro fog is bad too b/c it's been a rough couple days for me. I had to borrow enough money, tho my in-law family assures me it was not borrowing... My 15yo guide dog, who was also a service dog b/c he helped me stay upright after I began to have degenerative disc disease, bulging w/prolapsed discs in my spine along w/Osteoarthritis & Osteoporosis too. (I've always been lactose-intolerant & the Lactaid that was around when I was younger was horrid! I just couldn't make myself drink it & today, the taste of lactose-free milk is better but it's expensive & has to be drank within 10d or thrown out - what a waste). Also, Lion, my service dog has always been careful of my left knee too b/c it's blown & like my spine, it's inoperable.

His health too a sharp downturn late afternoon on Friday & worsened over the night. I was able to find a Mobile Vet Unit who sent out a vet to help him cross-over and do so with dignity. He's been like my rock for some 12-13yrs and at 15yrs old... Goldadors (Golden/Lab cross-breds) nor other large dog breeds rarely ever live so long. Even the vet couldn't believe he had held out for 15yrs & change.

People who have never worked with a service dog of any type are not able to fully & completely understand the symbiotic relationship that forms over time. It's where this animal literally becomes an extension of yourself or in my case, he was my eyes then later on he sort of picked up on my joint problems & the major damage then began to herd me around anything that might cause me to fall or knock into something. So when this amazing animal slipped away as the medicine took effect, it was as if I was losing a dear long-time friend along with an extension of myself. My nerves feel totally exposed & raw but at least I'm thankful the Sjogren's hasn't kicked up b/c it causes chronic dry eye syndrome & when it's active, I can't cry tears no matter how sad I am but it's thankfully remained neutral and I have had the ability to cry. It's hitting me in waves without warning so I know I'm not great company at home today, though it's better than Saturday & even better than Friday night. He's at peace and he was able to cross over from the comfort of home w/his best friend & partner-in-crime as well as equally aging domestic short hair cat that the girls named Kit-Kat. He doesn't have many years left in him either I'm sad to say. He has been whining & crying and laying w/me off & on since the vet left with Lion; hwr, she will have a cremation ceremony where only he is cremated & his ashes will be brought home until a time when my daughter is home & we can spread them in his favorite spot under a tree where he loved rolling in the grass despite his allergies & draining eyes afterward. She even had a plaster cast of his paw made for me along with a few tuffs of his fur in a little container that can be placed in a shadow box together w/his paw print. I want to save some of his ashes and then the next time I go to Mom's grave site (my surrogate mom, not birth mother), I want to spread some of his ashes with her b/c after a 3+mos stint in a coma & none of her specialists were able to figure out why it happened or now to bring her out of it, they let me & Lion come & go from the ICU as we pleased with no time limits day or night b/c her vital signs would fall into normal rhythm when we were there & my sweet boy would nudge his head under her hand until it was on top of his Golden/Lab Bump. She would even respond to the stimuli of him being there along with my voice and then the day she came back to us, her hand was over his head as it had been every day/night since she went into the coma and she was fortunately restrained b/c she kept trying to pull the intubation tube out while in the coma but she really came close to doing it when she came out of it. I know it was the Marine in her that caused her to completely ignore the doctors for her start whispering but thru a raspy voice, once she was released from the restraints & the tube, she was talking & petting him & saying how glad she was that were there & that he wasn't tossed out of the ICU b/c it's a bit more of a sterile & controlled environment but it was the complete opposite.

I'm so sorry to hear you are righting RA. I know that's bad too. I have an uncle with it and his oldest son, who is my age & lives in New Orleans, was diagnosed w/Juvenile RA and he's spent most of his life in a wheelchair. My uncle's been in one for years. He has the crippling kind, tho I don't know if there's any distinction between types of RA other than it hits some people harder to start while others it takes it's toll but at least it gives a bit of a breather as it worsens over time.

I've always been a live & let live kinda person b/c after raising a sibling before I was a teen then doing it solo shortly after turning 16yrs old, you do what you need to do in order to survive whether it's only you, you with an actual child of your own, or like me, with a child who wasn't born of my body but the bond we share is more mother & son than siblings b/c I raised him. But he turned out well. I'm just sad that the autoimmunes caught up with him but not only that.. He was diagnosed with Early-Onset Parkinson's Disease in addition to 3 of the 4 autoimmune diseases I have. The best thing we did was to make a pact to break the cycle of abuse and the cycle of alcoholism and to this day, he has never been anything short of a loving husband, doting father, terrific older brother of 2 sisters, & a fine son that no mother could be more proud to call her son - even though genetically & technically, he's not my son by birth but rather by circumstance but I wouldn't change a thing if I had it to do over again.

Nancy; If you get the Cleito, would you mind letting me know how well or not so well, whichever the case may be, it works out for you? B/c the more I think about the times my tank has landed on the carpet, the more I wonder if that center post may be bent in the Kangers especially but even possibly with the Uwell though I hope not. I like the way it's made but i wish they'd find a new design with regards to the multitudes who have had leaking problems with the older batches of sub-ohms. If nothing else, if it doesn't work out for me, I can give it to my son b/c he's finally realized that analogs are just not feasible for him b/c the medicine doesn't stop the tremors or shaking every day or even all day. It's a tough disease to handle even for the geriatric patients with it but it breaks my heart that he was diagnosed so young! It's frustrating for him too b/c he's never been one to stay still for long. I used to tell him he had 'ants in his pants' b/c he couldn't stop moving around! (big grin)

Perhaps we can exchange email addys in private & once I can go more than an hour or hour & half without breaking down, we can talk more. I'd really like to get to know you too. Besides, between your RA & my diminishing sight w/autoimmune diseases - we are the epitome of misery & company as well as keeping each other's spirits up during the tough times & just being there during the really bad ones.

Happy Valentine's Day... That goes for everyone here too. I can't thank you enough for your pearls of wisdom either but I do appreciate it more than I can ever articulate. :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it wasn't listed but I prefer the Griffin over the Crown and TFV4

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors