Become a Patron!

Tfv4 help.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On that it was 2.5mm IIRC, I honestly haven't used the dual coil in a while, since I made my single coil into a vertical behemoth (there's a guide on these forums about it that a few of us have made our own modifications with). But it sits there ready to use if I ever need it, and I liked it better than the quad coil, smaller cloud but more density.

Anyways, I've had a lot of problems with singular wires and heat, twisted seems to have solved that issue for me basically completely. Claptons I haven't really been wow'd by yet. Granted I haven't made that many but I've made 26g w/32g wrap and I liked my strait twisted 26g better, but it's fair to say I may have done something wrong. I do all my stuff by hand (no power drill) so it takes me a while to make a clapton and I haven't perfected it yet (and not much time lately to play with things).

Worth trying twisted at least IMO. Especially if you like to fiddle, I mean it's fun either way.
Going to rebuild later on tonight with some twisted 28g 316L. I'll try a larger diameter to see if it will wick faster and keep up. I'm only pushing it at 35 watts 470 degrees and I'm getting dry hits like a mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, I got it. FINALLY. This bitch needs a BIG coil and LOTS of wick. I made a 24g, 8 wrap coil with a 3mm ID. My leads came from over the top of the coil, not the bottom like my previous builds.
As far as wicking goes, by a lot of wick I mean more wick bc of the big coil ID. So I out my rayon through, then pressed the chimney down to mark the wicks. I then cut the wick where the chimney marks were (so they rested on top of the deck). Screwed the chimney down, then spread the wick out to make sure it covered all the space over the deck on each side of the coil. Primed it, put the tank together, filled and vaped at 25 watts to test. It worked!!!
I've only pushed it to 40 watts, but the flavor and clouds are there. No dry hits, no leaking whatsoever. Hoo-fucking-ray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also if you want horizontal builds I suggest the dual coil deck, if anything you'll have to deal with flooding not dry burn.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You need to put the wick in so its has resistance when pulled but doesnt stick or bunch up. It needs to slide in and out easily but not loose....
Then cut the ends to the edge of the tank, fit the cap on the deck and then take it off. Cuts the wick where the indentation is from the cap and then fluff the cotton. Point the wick end up and put the cap over then and screw it down, then guide, DO NOT CRAM OR BUNCH the cotton to the juice holes. You dont want the wicks in the holes but where the deck is above them.
Drop a few drops on the coil and pulse until juice is absorbed, then repeat (with low wattage), this will break in the coil/cotton easier, do this until the wick is SOAKED. Slap the tank on and fill it to the tippy top (I dont even close the airflow) and then try vaping at around 3.85V and go up from there.
I have built crazy builds in all the RBA's, with this method I dont get dry hits or gurgling/flodding and I have vaped up to 120w without dryhits (though I wasnt chain vaping).

This has always worked for me, once I place the chimney on top of my deck I remove
it and cut each end at an angle going towards to center of the deck.
Never had an issue and the flavor is amazing. The threading on one of my TF-R1's post
screws got jacked so I can't build on it anymore but it did
great for me when I used it. I also have the TF-R3 but that thing is such a pain in the
ass to build on, flavor and cloud production are out of this world
if you dedicate some time to it though. Anywho, hope you got your TFV4
working properly, it's truly a champ on its own

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you can't get the tfv4 working right get one of these, the small one is 30mm and the larger is 40mm.....
uploadfromtaptalk1471319571428.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors