Become a Patron!

TFV8 Awesome but hot... Need a cooler vape..?

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am super new to the vaping world and have recently purchased the Tfv8 Big baby beast.

I am, overall, loving it but...

The vape i get is so hot. I'm not chaining at all.
I have it on a fixed output Smok V8 stick.

Can anyone suggest a tank that would give me a smoother and cooler hit???

I'm only vaping 3mg 70/30 mix so don't think it's throat hit that's causing it, it's actual vape/smoke temperature.

Will a variable output mod/battery help?

Are there any 'cooling' drip tips you can buy? (I used to use a pipe type smoking device back in the day with a micro coil system the smoke ran through to keep the temp down.)

Sorry for all the quick fire questions.

Thanks so much in advance all!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am super new to the vaping world and have recently purchased the Tfv8 Big baby beast.

I am, overall, loving it but...

The vape i get is so hot. I'm not chaining at all.
I have it on a fixed output Smok V8 stick.

Can anyone suggest a tank that would give me a smoother and cooler hit???

I'm only vaping 3mg 70/30 mix so don't think it's throat hit that's causing it, it's actual vape/smoke temperature.

Will a variable output mod/battery help?

Are there any 'cooling' drip tips you can buy? (I used to smoke a lot of other stuff back in the day and had an agent blue device with a micro coil system the smoke ran through to keep the temp down.)

Sorry for all the quick fire questions.

Thanks so much in advance all!

It'll help if you get a vv/vw mod and you should probably edit your post drug references aren't allowed on the forum. :)

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the heads up :O post edited.

How does a vv mod help out of interest? The smok stick has fixed 60W output which I assume isn't overly powerful, (have seen that cloud chasers vape in the realms of 120/150W!) - i assumed higher watts meant higher heat... I am wrong with that thinking?

Thanks again for your help :)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the heads up :O post edited.

How does a vv mod help out of interest? The smok stick has fixed 60W output which I assume isn't overly powerful, (have seen that cloud chasers vape in the realms of 120/150W!) - i assumed higher watts meant higher heat... I am wrong with that thinking?

Thanks again for your help :)

with an adjustable wattage mod you could drop it as low as you want but if the vape is too hot maybe try a different tank?

flipthebuzzard

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks... Is there a tank you know of that is popular/well known for its cool vape?

:)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks... Is there a tank you know of that is popular/well known for its cool vape?

:)

just lower wattage tanks really. Not really my area. the lowest watt tanks i use are the big baby, baby, and clieto and they are still kinda warm vapes.

VU Sponsors